I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic:
I know there are some DVC members here. Anyone have experience renewing from a Gold Pass to a Platinum Pass? Should the price be the Platinum Renewal price or a Platinum New Purchase price? I was trying to figure out prices and the WDW website isn't helping. If I use the renewal link and renew to a Platinum it says it will cost $1,012.82. If I go in to purchase a new Platinum it costs $957.44. I'm going to call MS when I'm ready to renew but I just want an idea what the price would be first.

Then I have to figure out how to pay:
CIP (MSR spend at 1x)? Leaning towards this one!
CSP (I don't think it codes as travel, but does anyone know for sure?)?
DV (if it's 1x no matter what card maybe I should just use this and add to my Disney rewards)?
It would be the DVC platinum renewal rate. But I would call member services, I would not trust renewing that online.

Was it a metabank? Just wondering since I had to change the pin on mine due to damaged mail but haven’t used it yet. I hate when converting to Serve doesn’t work and people are waiting behind us, my daughter is rolling her eyes, and the manager has to be called.

It’s US Bank. That’s what all the ones at my Kroger seem to be

That drives me crazy at the EMM events on SDD. It is just me and DD3 and we get put in the MUCH longer even riders line. I balk every time.
Sorry for multiple replies, multi quote isn't working.
I was solo at EMM and I didn't find that to be the case. When I was there it seemed they were pretty much alternating trains. Loading all even number in one train, then all odd numbers in the next.
I did see some insane FP lines. RnR twice was all the way out to the tap styles, BUT, we were in the pre-show in less than 10 minutes both times. The 2nd time they just left the door open and put us right through.
On my last day, while I was not in the line, the Buzz FP line was wrapped around a few times in a queue back toward the queue area for the Laugh Floor! That was crazy!

@wendow Sounds like overall a great trip, even if it wasn't one of the best trips. I agree you should talk to someone about your experience at POR. Our last trip was much like yours. Crowds we expected to be a 5 or 6 were 9s and even 10. I really didn't enjoy that, but I tell my husband that we now know we can navigate those crowds when necessary.

Excitedly waiting to hear about SWGE today!
I’m very interested to see what happens to crowds in the weeks after SWGE opens Aug 29. Crowd reports from you guys are reminiscent of what we saw in the months leading up to SWGE opening in DLR. Will the crowds nosedive like in DLR? Get bigger because WDW is more popular? Stay tuned to find out folks!

I’m very interested to see what happens to crowds in the weeks after SWGE opens Aug 29. Crowd reports from you guys are reminiscent of what we saw in the months leading up to SWGE opening in DLR. Will the crowds nosedive like in DLR? Get bigger because WDW is more popular? Stay tuned to find out folks!
I hope for a nosedive, but I am not holding my breath. I am not looking forward to getting all 4 of us out the door of a studio with one shower, by 5 am!

:offtopic:
I know there are some DVC members here. Anyone have experience renewing from a Gold Pass to a Platinum Pass? Should the price be the Platinum Renewal price or a Platinum New Purchase price? I was trying to figure out prices and the WDW website isn't helping. If I use the renewal link and renew to a Platinum it says it will cost $1,012.82. If I go in to purchase a new Platinum it costs $957.44. I'm going to call MS when I'm ready to renew but I just want an idea what the price would be first.

Then I have to figure out how to pay:
CIP (MSR spend at 1x)? Leaning towards this one!
CSP (I don't think it codes as travel, but does anyone know for sure?)?
DV (if it's 1x no matter what card maybe I should just use this and add to my Disney rewards)?

Buy some Disney gift cards.

Is your next visit during a time you will need a Platinum pass? If not, renew to the gold and upgrade to the platinum when you need it.

Sorry for multiple replies, multi quote isn't working.
I was solo at EMM and I didn't find that to be the case. When I was there it seemed they were pretty much alternating trains. Loading all even number in one train, then all odd numbers in the next.
I did see some insane FP lines. RnR twice was all the way out to the tap styles, BUT, we were in the pre-show in less than 10 minutes both times. The 2nd time they just left the door open and put us right through.
On my last day, while I was not in the line, the Buzz FP line was wrapped around a few times in a queue back toward the queue area for the Laugh Floor! That was crazy!
Wondering if they’re experimenting with increased FP capacity? Makes sense to me they want more FP capacity if that rumored pay to play change to the FP system happens :(

No way in heck would I do that. As such I hope you are rewarded with a darn near deserted park!
Well our trip is just 4 short days this time, and since they decided to open SWGE early and but in to my plans, we are gonna go all in! I fear it won't be empty, but we gotta do what we gotta do. My adult children are so excited to see it, so I keep reminding them they are gonna be tired.
Almost worse is that the other parks are opening at 7, so we have to get up early every darn day.

Well our trip is just 4 short days this time, and since they decided to open SWGE early and but in to my plans, we are gonna go all in! I fear it won't be empty, but we gotta do what we gotta do. My adult children are so excited to see it, so I keep reminding them they are gonna be tired.
Almost worse is that the other parks are opening at 7, so we have to get up early every darn day.
#WorthIt then!

Most of us do not have pre-check on our boarding passes for tomorrow (only the soldier does). I think someone said there was a way to get that added? Was that DMing TSA or Southwest on Twitter?

Some people put a lot of spend on Amex cards and still get the pop-up. Are you getting pop-ups when you apply directly through your account? I was getting pop-ups through third party sites. When I applied through my account with my pre-qualified offers I was able to get the bonus. I've gotten 3 amex bonus's since June 1.
I applied using a support link from P2's plat one time, then I tried again using a link from his hhbiz.

It would be the DVC platinum renewal rate. But I would call member services, I would not trust renewing that online.
Thanks, that's what I'm definitely going to do. I thought it should be the renewal rate but the prices I was getting online made me doubt myself.

Buy some Disney gift cards.

Is your next visit during a time you will need a Platinum pass? If not, renew to the gold and upgrade to the platinum when you need it.
Yes, I'll need it for our next visit. I didn't think about GCs... even if I just do Target the 5% off would be a bigger savings. I'll add that to my options!

Did you go through the to bag check? We tend to use the kiosk. I'll switch to the line tomorrow if I need to.

Did you go through the to bag check? We tend to use the kiosk. I'll switch to the line tomorrow if I need to.

The one time I tried to have TSA precheck added at the airport it was a fail--the Delta agent actually did try to add it but it was not happening. Since then, whenever anyone doesn't have precheck when they should, I have called the airline and it got worked out. (It's been a while since this has happened; I think one time the wrong number had been entered, and a few times it had something to do with middle names.)

My layover in ohare is now 20 minutes. Yippee! We all are wearing Nike running shoes:)

Yikes! Fingers crossed for you. I will say that I have noticed recently that airlines seem to be over-estimating their flight times; last couple of flights I have been following (my kids flying) have arrived about 15 minutes early. Hopefully this will happen for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter