• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, i ironically missed the panera one because i took an 1 hour nap in between panera and JCP(i think). woke up, was too sleepy to realize it went on sale.
i have so far grabbed iTunes, Petco, American Eagle, Lane Bryant, Boscovs, Red Robin, Gap, Catherines, JCP and Carters.
missed Fandango and Panera so far. other brands, i dont care about.

.... but you care about Lane Bryant, why...?

I'm a new passenger on the train. Thinking about hitting some more AA points between CIP apps. Is there no penalty/ danger to closing them right after hitting MSR? We just got all of our points into our account from our first cards this week and I'd love to cancel if this works.

I know he closes all of his cards before he applies for the next one, and I know he applies every 90 days because he's on a strict schedule to get as many AA points as possible for his next Disney trip. So I don't think there should be any penalties, but I'm sure @SouthFayetteFan can confirm when he gets back from Hershey tomorrow.

I'm so bored being over 5/24!
I have SW CP until the end of this year, and planned on having DH get CP for 2020/2021. I really want to get the new SW biz card, but I can't. Would I jeopardize DH's chances at CP if I got him the new biz card now, and then a personal and biz card Nov /Dec? He's 3/24. I was going to have him go for CIP#3 now but I also want more SW points. I need flights for Oct. The CIP points I'd like to get for possibly cashing out for a Disney cruise April 2020. I'd need approx 260,000 URs, and once I cash out for my DDP for my OCT trip, I'll have 153,000 URs. I also wont need the CP until April 2020. CIP#2 was May. Now that I type it out that seems like way too many cards to have all points in place before April, and I would think booking the Disney cruise sooner rather than later would be better cost wise. SO maybe CIP 3 is better and just pay cash for October flights:scared1:. I'd need two tickets, have CP for the other. Thoughts anyone?? lol

Sorry for the rambling, trying to think this all through while I type!

What about transferring URs from CIP 3 to SW and paying cash for the cruise instead? I'd rather use SW RR pts for a flight than pay cash because it's more flexible and you'd get more cpp for your UR points by transferring them to SW than you would just cashing out at 1cpp.

I mean, Chase biz cards are basically about timing/velocity, overall credit limits with Chase, and maybe how many Chase biz cards you currently have open. I think going for a CIP now and a SW biz and personal card in November/December is plenty of time to “cool off.” But when P2 goes for the SW biz later this year, how many open Chase biz cards will that be? I personally don’t like risking having more than 4 open Chase biz cards at a time, but I know others have 5 or 6 open. I think if P2 has 3 open Chase biz cards when he goes for the SW biz, you may want to consider closing one/some if they’re over a year old, or drastically cutting the CLs on the open biz cards to increase your chances of approval. Anecdotally, my wife was approved last month at 3 other open Chase biz cards for a CIP3, making it her fourth open card. I just made sure to reduce her CLs well in advance.
He has 3 open Chase biz cards now. His CIP 1 is hitting the 1 year mark now and fee should post 8/1. I (he) was planning to close and get CIP3. I can also reduce CLs. So later this year he will have 3 open if he gets the CIP3. I guess I'll stick to my original plan. I was trying to stick the new SW performance biz in there but I think it's pushing it. I wish I could get one!

I know he closes all of his cards before he applies for the next one, and I know he applies every 90 days because he's on a strict schedule to get as many AA points as possible for his next Disney trip. So I don't think there should be any penalties, but I'm sure @SouthFayetteFan can confirm when he gets back from Hershey tomorrow.

What about transferring URs from CIP 3 to SW and paying cash for the cruise instead? I'd rather use SW RR pts for a flight than pay cash because it's more flexible and you'd get more cpp for your UR points by transferring them to SW than you would just cashing out at 1cpp.
That's true, it won't be too many URs for two flights, and I could just use less UR on the statement credit for the cruise. I really do like using points for SW for the reasons you mentioned. Good idea, thanks!

New question for all you Disney cruise experts!

All the disney cruise talk recently has me really wanting to go in between a DVC stay in April. I've never done a Disney cruise. From what I gather, the prices will only go up, not down, correct? I'd love to do the GT rate, but I am not flexible with my date and looking back to last April, no GT rate was released for the cruise I'm looking at (3rd week of April 4 day Bahamas on Dream, departing on a Monday). Is that a good indication a GT rate won't be released for next year either? Would you recommend I book asap or wait and see?

All the disney cruise talk recently has me really wanting to go in between a DVC stay in April. I've never done a Disney cruise. From what I gather, the prices will only go up, not down, correct? I'd love to do the GT rate, but I am not flexible with my date and looking back to last April, no GT rate was released for the cruise I'm looking at (3rd week of April 4 day Bahamas on Dream, departing on a Monday). Is that a good indication a GT rate won't be released for next year either? Would you recommend I book asap or wait and see?
I think a lot depends of Easter breaks. If you are looking at this year, the third week of April was Easter this year. Easter is on 4/12/20 so the 3rd week of April could be hit or miss. I would probably just go ahead and book if I knew it was a cruise I didn’t want chance. (Although I will admit to gambling on DH’s 50th birthday but that was at the end of April/first of May and it paid off. I was even able to upgrade concierge at the port.)

Not a cruise expert but if your looking at a week before or after Easter...those are usually busy vacation weeks

I think a lot depends of Easter breaks. If you are looking at this year, the third week of April was Easter this year. Easter is on 4/12/20 so the 3rd week of April could be hit or miss. I would probably just go ahead and book if I knew it was a cruise I didn’t want chance. (Although I will admit to gambling on DH’s 50th birthday but that was at the end of April/first of May and it paid off. I was even able to upgrade concierge at the port.)
Not a cruise expert but if your looking at a week before or after Easter...those are usually busy vacation weeks

Hmm, ok, so maybe I'm not comparing apples to apples. I am planning this around DD's school break and I thought it was odd her break wasn't the 13th right after Easter, and thought maybe it wouldn't be as busy the week she's off, April 20-24. It is just so hard to book rack rate and pass up a GT deal! I may take my chances. I have a DVC stay booked already so we can always just do that if it doesn't come out.

NEWEGG UPDATE:

@jhoannam @Lain and anyone else watching the Amex 30% off tech offer. It's disappeared from everyone's accounts, even though the offer was already added. It's gone from mine as well. Hopefully it's just an Amex screwup and it will pop back up but honestly I don't know what to make of this. Someone on DoC says despite it being gone from their offers they got an email confirmation from a purchase today.

NEWEGG UPDATE:

@jhoannam @Lain and anyone else watching the Amex 30% off tech offer. It's disappeared from everyone's accounts, even though the offer was already added. It's gone from mine as well. Hopefully it's just an Amex screwup and it will pop back up but honestly I don't know what to make of this. Someone on DoC says despite it being gone from their offers they got an email confirmation from a purchase today.
I was so mad at myself because I thought I didn’t click on the offer. Glad to know it wasn’t me. Ugh, I wonder if it meant 30% of up to $10? Because that was an awesome deal.

There’s really no way to predict. When is Easter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter