I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not having very good luck having Citi match my biz offer. I applied with a pin mailer for 65k points for $4k MSR for the Citi biz. I did a late night chat and requested to be matched to the 75k offer, but never heard anything back. I chatted again about 10 days later and had a very nice agent who wanted me to leave as a happy customer or something and she submitted my request. I got a letter on Friday saying that I wasn’t solicited for the offer and to send in a copy of the offer with the front and back side. But, the letter didn’t give any info on how or where to send that. So, I just called because the 75k offer is right on their homepage. The csr gave me a fax number I could send it to, or where I can mail it. Should I go ahead and try to fax it in (I think our work printer can still do fax, although I haven’t used it in forever!) or just try to chat again? It’s only 10k points, but dangit I want those points! I don’t want them to say I need to do an adt’l $1k spend though…

I was assuming this new change meant you can no longer book the hotel on points if you don't have the total number of points needed in your account at the time of booking. I suppose I could do points/cash, but I'd hate to get stuck with a bunch of cash nights if it won't let me go back and apply points to the booking as I earn them. I know @Haley R mentioned she ran into this issue recently on a Hilton booking.
I found out that the only reason they couldn’t add points to my reservation is because the hotel is now sold out for my dates. I can’t remember if I mentioned that on here or not, but for anyone staying at Hilton Tokyo bay don’t wait to get a room. We aren’t going until June and the whole hotel is booked for our dates apparently

Still cash! My points never reappeared, and the credit is still there offsetting other charges. I thought about calling to get the points back, but decided I'd rather have the credit, so I never followed up. Seems like it works.
What’s this all about...did I miss some special secret cash out method??

I’m bummed...my RR’s just posted from my SW Priority. Statement closed yesterday, and no bonus. I met spend last Weds. April10. So I guess that wasn’t early enough to get it on this statement. At least I hope that’s it and I didn’t mess up on the application from the special in flight link. Everyone, ease my mind and tell me my 50,000 will post with my next statement. I did end up spending well over the $2149, so I did calculate the fee in there. I also got my $75 travel credit already too and did count that in my total as well. Main thing is that I get my points before the next flight release date for flights after Nov. 2.
So is it also taking 2 weeks on the SW bonuses?
I’d just be patient. There’s nothing to glean from this - you just likely met the MSR too close to your statement closing date. They’ll be there next month. It happens very frequently with SW cards and while it’s frustrating it’s unfortunately just the way it works. :)

Last edited:
Just curious...do you all put your dirty clothes directly back into the packing cubes? Just wondering how everyone transports their dirty clothes back home. We normally put it in plastic grocery bags, then back in the suitcases. I think a few of my family members don’t want the dirty clothing touching the luggage.

I put my worn clothes in plastic grocery bags then back in the packing cubes. And then just toss those bags in the garbage once we get home and do the laundry.

Wait for the CSR to be approved (via recon or automatically). Then apply for the CSP next calendar day.

OK - her CSR was approved yesterday, so she applied for the CSP today. It went pending. Should she call tonight or wait it out?

Editing . . . I should have read back a few pages . . . @bernina looks like you had luck calling. I think I'll advise my friend to do the same.

Last edited:
I found out that the only reason they couldn’t add points to my reservation is because the hotel is now sold out for my dates. I can’t remember if I mentioned that on here or not, but for anyone staying at Hilton Tokyo bay don’t wait to get a room. We aren’t going until June and the whole hotel is booked for our dates apparently

Yeah I’m definitely booking all my stuff for Tokyo as soon as the window opens in August, which is why I’m trying to bulk up Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt balances before then!

Thank you! Dang, you are good at this! ha!
I wanted the renaissance since it has the suites. I'm going to have to ponder this. Is the only beach the flamingo one?

There is a beach area with a small bay they have created since you can’t swim directly in the ocean in front of the hotel. It wasn’t great, but my kids played in it a little bit and you can sit with your toes in the sand! My kids also liked it because there are lots of iguanas roaming around. There was also bingo at the pool area one day with $1 bingo cards that was fun.

I’m not having very good luck having Citi match my biz offer. I applied with a pin mailer for 65k points for $4k MSR for the Citi biz. I did a late night chat and requested to be matched to the 75k offer, but never heard anything back. I chatted again about 10 days later and had a very nice agent who wanted me to leave as a happy customer or something and she submitted my request. I got a letter on Friday saying that I wasn’t solicited for the offer and to send in a copy of the offer with the front and back side. But, the letter didn’t give any info on how or where to send that. So, I just called because the 75k offer is right on their homepage. The csr gave me a fax number I could send it to, or where I can mail it. Should I go ahead and try to fax it in (I think our work printer can still do fax, although I haven’t used it in forever!) or just try to chat again? It’s only 10k points, but dangit I want those points! I don’t want them to say I need to do an adt’l $1k spend though…
Not having much luck getting a match for my dh's personal card either. I'm gonna try another late night chat...

I’d just be patient. There’s nothing to glean from this - you just likely met the MSR too close to your statement closing date. They’ll be there next month. It happens very frequently with SW cards and while it’s frustrating it’s unfortunately just the way it works. :)

Thanks! I’m fine just knowing it’s delayed. I don’t need to use the CP in the next month anyway. I just wanted reassurance that it’s not likely a problem with that in flight link.

What’s this all about...did I miss some special secret cash out method??

I think so. IIRC, it has to do with booking something to do with a canceled reservation coming back as money instead of MRs. I'm sorry I don't have all the details, but I think someone with a more extensive spreadsheet or someone who knows more will fill you in. I've been following along but not taking notes since I have uses for MRs that far exceed 1¢ per point.

I think so. IIRC, it has to do with booking something to do with a canceled reservation coming back as money instead of MRs. I'm sorry I don't have all the details, but I think someone with a more extensive spreadsheet or someone who knows more will fill you in. I've been following along but not taking notes since I have uses for MRs that far exceed 1¢ per point.
No spreadsheet but I think it went something like a hotel was booked through fine hotels using MRs but the reservation needed to be canceled so instead of getting MRs refunded, there was a cash credit instead. So let’s say I booked Mandalay Bay through fine hotels for 200k MR and I canceled, I wouldn’t get 200k MR back in my account, I would get $2000 instead.

@palhockeymomof2 - so sorry for you loss. It’s so hard when you have so many memories to say goodbye to.

Just finishing up a quick family trip to NYC.
@calypso726 @striker1064 @vanjust14 we did 3 nights at the Residence Inn Midtown East. It was great! I’ll do a more extensive review on the hotel thread, but I felt it was a really good value for 35Ka Marriott points. Close to the subway, a decent breakfast in the morning, clean and good sized rooms and really friendly staff.

We saw Lion King got the tix with URs - it was about 10k URs each. We couldn’t pick our seats but were guaranteed orchestra or prime mezzanine. We got great seats -orchestra towards the back but the middle of the theatre about 4 seats from the aisle. The show was amazing as expected!
Then we walked the Highline and ended at the new Hudson Yards. It was really cool to see.
Yesterday we did the Statue of Liberty with crown access. The weather wasn’t the best but we persevered and the day got better. My kids loved it couldn’t believe how small it was up top!

Citi success today. I finally got my AA biz card online account to work. This was for the 50k Citi AA biz card and I am halfway through the MSR. I saw that a 70k offer was out and called to see if they would match the offer. I got a yes on that and am looking forward to 70k AA miles in the near future!

@kidsfirsttrip - I'm glad to hear it was a good value. Looking forward to the review on the hotel thread. Thanks!

No spreadsheet but I think it went something like a hotel was booked through fine hotels using MRs but the reservation needed to be canceled so instead of getting MRs refunded, there was a cash credit instead. So let’s say I booked Mandalay Bay through fine hotels for 200k MR and I canceled, I wouldn’t get 200k MR back in my account, I would get $2000 instead.
I had read about this on FT awhile back but I couldn't figure out what exactly they were doing. Thanks for clearing it up for me!

Not having much luck getting a match for my dh's personal card either. I'm gonna try another late night chat...

Citi success today. I finally got my AA biz card online account to work. This was for the 50k Citi AA biz card and I am halfway through the MSR. I saw that a 70k offer was out and called to see if they would match the offer. I got a yes on that and am looking forward to 70k AA miles in the near future!

@kidsfirsttrip - I'm glad to hear it was a good value. Looking forward to the review on the hotel thread. Thanks!

These conflicting reports are making it tough to decide what offer to go for!!

OK - her CSR was approved yesterday, so she applied for the CSP today. It went pending. Should she call tonight or wait it out?

Editing . . . I should have read back a few pages . . . @bernina looks like you had luck calling. I think I'll advise my friend to do the same.

@bernina It worked! She called and said they grilled her big time. They lowered some of her other credit limits to approve her. Fun to live vicariously!

Did it give you trouble with activating originally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter