• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I know nothing about Coronado Springs - what do you think of it?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
I realize i have never even peeked at Coronado Springs. Who can clue me in on the good and the bad? What about a Junior Suite there?

I've stayed there twice and love it. It is under construction right now. They're building a tower and the pool is going to close for referb. The rooms are large, the pool and food court are great. I have nothing negative to say (except construction).

I've stayed there twice and love it. It is under construction right now. They're building a tower and the pool is going to close for referb. The rooms are large, the pool and food court are great. I have nothing negative to say (except construction).

What are the refurbs going to be ?

The pool is getting the normal referb they do and the tower rhey are building will be additional rooms.

The existing rooms have undergone refurb (new bathrooms, furniture, hard floor) over the last year+. I think the last building of "old" rooms will close for work soon if it hasn't already. In addition to the tower, a restaurant/lounge is being built on the lake. People comment on the construction regularly on the Coronado Springs Resort thread. We stayed for the first time this past April and really liked it....Will likely choose CSR again for our next trip. We too, are thinking about the junior suite. It is like having connecting preferred rooms ( the suites are all in the preferred buildings). I like the idea of guaranteed connection and living room type furniture in one room. Of course, I am eager to know what rooms will be available in the new tower.

I just stayed at CSR for the first time last month and it was beautiful. Even with construction, it's a very relaxing and beautiful resort. The rooms are awesome too. We're big fans of CSR now - great bus service, great theming, and an awesome feature pool. You can't go wrong. I think it has almost a deluxe feeling to it that the other mods don't have.

Last edited:
We have stayed there three times and love it, but I usually just pick whichever moderate is the cheapest at the time I'm booking. We were there in Dec. last year and construction was going on and it had zero impact on us. I will be there for two nights in Sept. and am a little bummed the main pool will be closed because we enjoy the hot tub but it is only for two nights, the first of which is arrival night so it is what it is.

I've stayed twice and loved it. It's a sprawling resort that has a few different themed areas so the decor of some of the building is a bit different. The pool is great. Nice size and has a slide for the kids.

The new renovations include a restaurant on the water which drawing of it ( when it's done ) looks fabulous. I think this is quickly going to become a fan favorite once all the construction is completed.

My family stayed there one time and we enjoyed it very much. We were right near the main pool which we spent a lot of time at, the resort is quite pretty. The stroll to the restaurants wasn't an issue for us. I like to resort hop and we try a new location pretty much each time but I'd be happy to return there.

I've stayed twice and loved it. It's a sprawling resort that has a few different themed areas so the decor of some of the building is a bit different. The pool is great. Nice size and has a slide for the kids.

The new renovations include a restaurant on the water which drawing of it ( when it's done ) looks fabulous. I think this is quickly going to become a fan favorite once all the construction is completed.

Do you know when it will be complete by?

I have stayed in CBR twice, and it was just ok. If you have stayed in CBR and CSR, do they compare?

We have stayed at CSR multiple times and CBR once, all pre-renovations, and we love CSR but hated CBR. CBR is quite a bit larger with more bus stops (not sure how many it will have after the refurb is complete), it often took us at least 15 minutes to leave the resort. I very much disliked the CBR pool, we found it very crowded and is the only pool at WDW that we have been unable to get two loungers, and the fact that the pool bar was outside of the main pool, it made getting ones drinks to the pool area difficult, especially if you were carrying more than one. I did not like the layout of CBR and even though we had one of the rooms in a building that most people here recommend to be close to the pool and food court, we still had a longer walk than we have ever had at CSR and we have only ever stayed in the Ranchos section which most people actually do not recommend. We also just find CSR to be nicer looking, to us, especially at night. We don't use the food courts much as we don't tend to like the food so I can't really compare those, everything we had at each was fine, although I was sick of those seasoned tortilla chips that seemed to come with everything at CBR. I usually like larger spread out resorts, but CBR was just too spread out for us and we didn't like the theme as much as CSR or POR.

We have stayed at CSR twice (Mid-December 2017 and last week) and really like it. DH and I feel that it has a much more "adult" vibe than some of the other resorts due to the convention center and great amenities. I think the renovated rooms are very nice (floors are dirty, though) with lots of little details that were great additions (example: tiny reading lights on each side of the bed). The resort is BEAUTIFUL. We stayed in Ranchos and loved the desert-type vibe with all of the cacti/succulents, and we also loved Casitas with all of the fountains and pretty lighting at night. Service has always been great. We have never had any serious bus issues - most of the time the buses are pretty empty. Same with pools - nothing has been crowded at all! The Dig Site pool is beautiful!

With that said... the construction is pretty in-your-face right now with all of the work on the waterfront, tower, and parts around El Centro. If one of my friends was a first-timer, I probably wouldn't recommend CSR right at this moment. However, when construction is wrapping up or over, it would be an excellent choice!

I stayed there 2 years ago and it was great. I liked the pool and restaurant that’s in the resort. Made it easier to grab dinner after a day at the park. We’re a family of 7 so we got two rooms next door to each other. The rooms are like two small hotels rooms but this year were going deluxe for more space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter