• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I knew it wouldn't take long...

Disney's bottom line is.....the financial bottom line. Trust me when I tell you that the Disney "bean counters" have researched this to the nth degree. If there is money to be made, Disney will make it. I have mixed emotions about another resort smack dab in the middle of WL & FtW, but, even though I own a piddly little bit of Disney stock, and am a regular guest of WDW, and an AP holder since the early 90's, Disney has never once asked me my opinion of expansion. Imagine that??

FWIW - I have an acquaintance that works for Disney as an animator and he is hinting about working on artists' conceptions for a 5th park. My DH also has a customer that works in Disney's Imagineering center and he has also dropped hints about a 5th theme park. I don't know what or where this will be located, but my acquaintance has made the comment: "Move over, Mr. Potter." :confused3:confused3:confused3

Meh, I found the thread about "throw-away" campsites much more heated and entertaining. Sounds like DVC'ers are predisposed not to share 'our' amenities. Sounds fine by me. More Fort for me!

FWIW - I have an acquaintance that works for Disney as an animator and he is hinting about working on artists' conceptions for a 5th park. My DH also has a customer that works in Disney's Imagineering center and he has also dropped hints about a 5th theme park. I don't know what or where this will be located, but my acquaintance has made the comment: "Move over, Mr. Potter." :confused3:confused3:confused3

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' bout Willis!

I'm willing to contribute the necessary funds for sufficient Kungaloosh needed to loosen the lips of your FrIENDS. I hear that stuff can work like truth serum...

I have asked Bobby to build a large fence to keep the DVC members out of the campground. He is thinking about it.

Hmm, sounds to me like it was just maybe one post that was really obnoxious. I do understand where you all, err, y'all, are coming from though. Some people get really snotty about owning a timeshare. I'll refrain from saying anything else about that and how financially I'm not sure it's so smart as that'd be my personal opinion.

I looked at DVC long and hard. I was almost sold on a resale at OKW - which I liked because it WASN'T like most newer DVC properties. It just wasn't what I wanted in the end. I live in a condo/townhome... I don't want to vacation in one. That's nothing special. In the end, buying a motorhome seemed like a better fit for me...

I will say, however, that buying DVC would have been cheaper. That's all. Just sayin'. My $0.02 worth.

Yep, it is all about what floats your boat...different strokes for different folks. As long as everyone has a good time on their vacation of preference that's all that matters! No need to bash one another, people should focus on the positives of what works best for them...it is VACATIONING for goodness sakes!

And for the record, when we did the math on the dues we were paying on our DVC contracts, we made the same choice that you made up front, Bdawgsc...well except our little camper is hardly the same size as your motorhome...again, different choices for different people.

Disney's bottom line is.....the financial bottom line. Trust me when I tell you that the Disney "bean counters" have researched this to the nth degree. If there is money to be made, Disney will make it. I have mixed emotions about another resort smack dab in the middle of WL & FtW, but, even though I own a piddly little bit of Disney stock, and am a regular guest of WDW, and an AP holder since the early 90's, Disney has never once asked me my opinion of expansion. Imagine that??

We were at WDW in August and heard the same thing from what I would consider a reliable source. "Mr. Potter" is also accurate as well.

I don't care how you say it, if you say my neighborhood is sub par, then you say I'm sub par.

Some people on that DVC thread just like playing the class warfare game. In their wildest dreams they can't imagine that there are quite a few Fort Fiends that could buy and sell most of them and instead of staying at the Fort, could be living at Golden Oaks.

They also probably don't realize "THE BOSS" (Pete) posted on the Camping Boards and was very excited about his up coming trip to the FORT, as well as apologized for not having a "FORT" ticker which he added.

I was going to put 20 grand down on a house at Golden Oak, but they didn't have one in the 20 mil range to show me. There is no way I am going to park my truck and trailer in the driveway of some cheap 1.5 million dollar shack. If I'm gonna driveway camp, I'm gonna do it in style.

Some people on that DVC thread just like playing the class warfare game. In their wildest dreams they can't imagine that there are quite a few Fort Fiends that could buy and sell most of them and instead of staying at the Fort, could be living at Golden Oaks. I for one, aspire to be a Red Neck and I use that term affectionately. We camp, we love Nascar, football, baseball, and other campers. We are what we are and proud of it. So, up their snooty noses.

:thumbsup2

I was going to put 20 grand down on a house at Golden Oak, but they didn't have one in the 20 mil range to show me. There is no way I am going to park my truck and trailer in the driveway of some cheap 1.5 million dollar shack. If I'm gonna driveway camp, I'm gonna do it in style.

It says right on the Golden Oaks Home Page "Welcome to a World of Privilege and Access". They know you are coming.

Some people on that DVC thread just like playing the class warfare game. In their wildest dreams they can't imagine that there are quite a few Fort Fiends that could buy and sell most of them and instead of staying at the Fort, could be living at Golden Oaks. I for one, aspire to be a Red Neck and I use that term affectionately. We camp, we love Nascar, football, baseball, and other campers. We are what we are and proud of it. So, up their snooty noses.
Was I being snarky Jen?

I am very proud of you Lou. Good Show!

I have pondered being a DVC member...then I took that monthly payment and bought our class A. It was the best decision I ever made. My vacation is where I drive it. I don't have to worry about points, weeks, or snooty noses. (snotty noses, yes.)

Was I being snarky Jen?

:thumbsup2

Seriously, we all need to do what makes each of happy and don't worry about what everyone else is doing. Then we will all be just fine.

Folks, I guess the time has come!

The point of this disortation (sp)?, is that in all the posts I have read....not once have I seen a DVC member putting down campers..........FW campers......... or camping in general!!!. The only ones wining is the FW Campers telling themselves that DVC members are looking down at them.....WRONG!..your doing that all by yourselves, with no help from anyone else!

It may not have been meant that way but, the comments in post #4 sure sound like a put-down to me!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2569533

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter