I just used the AFJ code and got a price break

momx2

DIS Veteran
I already had a room at POFQ for $94 a night. I called today and got it for $74 a night for the first week of May. I think this is just as good as any AP discount might be. Try it and see. I also was not asked for a pin # or anything.

I was also given that rate and I thank goodness I knew about the pin situation.

She never mentioned a pin number, but when I asked her if she needed one , she looked and said "Oh YeaH, I need your pin number"

Please, Please check your reservation. Many people have had this happen.

someone also posted that they called back a couple of days later to confirm their ressie and that they had removed it since there was no pin# put in.please be careful.
i tried to book it also but was asked everytime for a pin.then after reading the post about it being canelled since there was no pin, i will not try that again.:p

Didn't know about the pin# thing when i did this. I called back a few minutes ago. After being on hold for a while, CM came back and said that the code was fine and I didn't need a pin. I was like, are you sure. She said that even if they were wrong, they must honor the ressie since they've already taken my deposit and that she is sending a modification confirmation.

I'm still worried. I will probably call back every day til I get my confirmation. Now I'm worried I screwed up and gonna end up paying rack rate!

:(

Originally posted by momx2
Didn't know about the pin# thing when i did this. I called back a few minutes ago. After being on hold for a while, CM came back and said that the code was fine and I didn't need a pin. I was like, are you sure. She said that even if they were wrong, they must honor the ressie since they've already taken my deposit and that she is sending a modification confirmation.

I'm still worried. I will probably call back every day til I get my confirmation. Now I'm worried I screwed up and gonna end up paying rack rate!

:(

Wow,

If that's the case, then I think we should all get on the horn to CRO and have our ressies changed. I called 3 different times and all three times was told I needed a pin.

The inconsistency at CRO is appalling. Either you need a pin or you don't. What is wrong with them.

Sorry just venting

I think it until July 3rd. But careful, I think I may have screwed up! It could need a pin #. Specifically ask the CM several times.

I just booked POR a few minutes ago using this code. I received a postcard in the mail yesterday. The CRO agent asked for my PIN # and told me 3 times during the call to make sure that I bring the Postcard with me when I check-in. The rate was $74 per night (before tax)!! :Pinkbounc

I don't know about other codes. I just am really worried now. That's why I called back and told the CM I thought it needed a pin. I don't know what to do. I guess I'll just call every day until I get my confirmation to make sure I don't get kicked out of the system. Should I call again?

They seem to be pretty strict with the PIN codes. I wouldn't chance it.

I would call back. Don't take a chance on being put back to rack rate and not having any discount.

This particular code is a mailout that does a require a PIN, that is the reason it is a better rate than the others.

CRO agents should not be booking this without asking for the PIN number and as to what will happen at checkin is really anyone's guess.

I would not take the chance.

Momx2,

Did you already have the room booked with a code before you applied the AFJ code?

If you really feel uncomfortable call back and ask what the price would be with the AFQ code-this one does not require a pin. I received this via e-mail. These are the same rates that are available on mousesavers.com

Sometimes the worry isn't worth the $20 a night you save wondering if you will have a problem at check-in and be forced to pay rack rate.

I havent hesard about this code where did it come frm and is there any restriction Also how long has it been out

Juliette,

I, along with others, received the code via e-mail the other day.

The prices are the same, I believe, as the codes that Mary has out on mousesavers.com

This one does not require a pin. It is only good until July 3.

There were several posts about it the other day.

Are you going before July 3?

Here's the link to one of the AFQ threads:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350827

The rates are the same as the CZF or AXA code (values $74, mods $94, etc..)

The rates that the OP is stating they received are about $20 less per night with their code but this appears to be a pin code and is not for use by the general public. The OP seems to have "lucked out" in the fact that the CRO took the ressie without the pin and told the OP they didn't need it.

HTH!

flordiafam

I just called and I got the lower price saving me $200. Wahoooo Disney here we come. It weird why is it that i didnt notice I am always on the broards also on mousesavers :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Juliette,

Great! I thought everyone knew about this code already.

Glad you saved some money.

Have fun.

Update: I just called back and CM said the AFJ code did require a code, but that there was a notation on my ressie to honor the code because they had made the ressie in error. So, I guess I lucked out. He did say they were sending me a confirmation. I'm a little shocked and still won't believe it until I'm there and check in. But I guess after this I kinda believe it since there is a notation on my ressie in the computer. Glad for me, but sorry for you guys. Hope they release the APs soon!

I am sure a lot of people already do this, but when you write down your confirmation number, note the name of the CM who helped you. It seems as if CRO is making a lot of mistakes lately, and I would hate for someone's trip to be ruined because they got wrong info from CRO. I know I have had ressies "lost" at Disneyland and other hotels, even though I had a confirmation number. Knowing someone's name helps - most of the time things will be resolved in your favor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter