I just need a little help with a few things!

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
Ok, I guess, I have a few questions for a few things. I would like to go to Disney World this summer (which if I can talk my boyfriend into going, I will probably go). My major problem is, I'm really squashed for money. So that leaves us staying at the All-Stars. Which isn't bad. I stayed there last year when I went with some cheerleaders. :D Well, when I called to price the room with the AXA code it saved us about $100 on the room. Ok that's only one aspect of the trip. Granted I would like to save more on the room, I'll take what I can get. Now to park tickets. We are looking at getting a 5 day Park Hopper Plus. Is there anyway, besides pre-ording it from DisneyWorld.com to get it cheaper? Then there is airport transfers. As of right now we are gonna take the Mears Shuttle service. It's the cheapest. How does Mears work? Are there certain pick up times and what not? Or is it as soon as I get to the shuttle, they will take off to the resort; and when I'm ready to head back to the airport do they come when I say, or only at specific times? Lastly, that I can think of right now, is there any way to get meal vouchers without getting a package, and if so, how much do they cost?
Thanks so much for the help! I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future!

Oh yeah, I'd list the times I went to Disney World, but I only know the date of one time. ;)

First, have you checked out mousesavers.com? It has fantastic tips on how to save on your Disney vacation. There is a super section on tickets, here is the link
mousesavers passes and tickets

As you will read on this page, ticket mania is a great place to find reduced ticket prices, and they did have free shipping, not sure if that is still in effect.

There is also a lot of information at mousesavers about saving money on your meals. Here is that link mousesaversmeals

Happy Planning!!

Wow. You sound just like me on our first visit. First of all don't knock the All Stars. We've stayed there and my daughter loved it, and so did we. We would much rather spend vacation $ elsewhere than on a room we're not going to use much. As for transportation, we used Mears the first time and were not that impressed. We later found out that for 4 or more a car service is often cheaper. Have you checked out Tiffany Town Car (They have a link on www.wdwig.com) or Payless Car Service. I think the cost is about $50 each way (per car, not per person) and you get personal service. The car is there when you want it. I beleieve Mears waits until the bus is almost full before leaving and makes other stops as well, which can take alot more time. Also, most of the car services have coupons on the web sites and if you request it when you make reservations they will make a complimentary stop at a grocery store. We usually take advantage of this to pick up non-perishable snacks to keep in the hotel and tote around the parks. Saves you alot on snack $.

As for the tickets. . . it is hard to get a good discount. I have shopped around and all discounts when you consider shipping and tax end up being about the same price. I just made the decision to get our in the Disney Store. They just started selling them in a display near the register. They will cost probably the same price as getting them through Diney by mail order, and you save the shipping. Also, I've heard that you should save your receipt too (or keep a photocopy of the back of the ticket) and keep it in a place other that where you will carry your ticket. If the ticket gets lost you can show this to Guest Services and possibly get replacement. Without the receipt or a photocopy they have no way of knowing how much time was left on the ticket and will not replace it. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Great advice...just wanted to add one thing.
If $$ is an issue, have you thought about not getting the PHP tickets?
We used to automatically get the PHP but a few trips ago stopped--and never missed them. We chose to swim at the AS resort instead of lugging all the stuff to one of the water parks.

I echo the advice on MEARS. We will never do that again. Expensive and you can wait forever for the bus at the airport, depending on the flight times.
And we're one family who chooses to stay at the ASM every time--we love it !
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter