I just found a resource about the Orlando airport

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
I found something new on the Orlando airport website today that I hadn't seen before. I thought it might be helpful to people who need visual references (and also to prepare some special needs kids for the process).
They have a page that goes thru the Arrival Process with text and pictures and another set of pictures that go thru the Departure process.
If these links don't take you to the correct page, just go to www.orlandoairports.net and click where it says "Passenger Terminal" on the left side of the page. That will bring up some other choices, including "Arrival Walkthru" and "Departure Walkthru".
They also have a link to "Disabled Access" with links to things like where to find Companion Restrooms.

Thanks for that, I have printed it all off and put it in my file.

It may well come in really handy

Cheers

Carol:sunny:

Originally posted by SueM in MN
I found something new on the Orlando airport website today that I hadn't seen before.
They also have a link to "Disabled Access" with links to things like where to find Companion Restrooms.

I bet there's nowhere in that site that could prepare a PWD for this:

When I was getting my luggage checked in on the return Orlando/Dallas flight I asked the agent not to dismantle my scooter and had several persuasive reasons one of which being that it had been inspected on the way to Orlando and, according to the paperwork was the same scooter. The agent did not hesitate to cite National Security concerns and asked me to move into a wheelchair so he could remove the scooter seat and tear the plastic cowling off...He was having such a hard time taking the seat off that I offered to show him the pages from the manual I had copied and tucked into a pocket for just that reason. When he got the seat off he remarked that if I had brought the entire manual he wouldn't have to do the inspection...whereupon I whipped the manual out of a suitcase pocket for his reading. After reading the entire manual he pronounced the material insufficient and got back to tearing apart my scooter....When he got down to the batteries and saw that they were, indeed gel cell, as I had told him and as indicated on the previous airline paperwork, I commented that I just felt compelled to say "I told you so"..... His reply was that he was used to it as there were many people from New Jersey whose equipment he had also inspected...

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but that is such an (I don't think I can say the word I want without tripping the word censor, so I'll substitute) constipated security agent that the whole story is funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter