I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

Continued from previous post

You probably remember that our first ride at the Magic Kingdom was Big Thunder Mountain::
IMG_4323.JPEG

And; we're off!
IMG_4325.JPEG

IMG_4326.JPEG

IMG_4327.JPEG

Hum, I guess that's all of the pictures I took. How did everyone like it? Well, I got a thumbs up from Hunter, a ten from Lacey. I got a blurry Tabitha and Jesse wasn't even in the picture. Uh!

IMG_4329.JPEG

IMG_4331.JPEG

Looking at my screenshot, it appears that I logged into My Disney Experience. For what?

**Up next: Are you supposed to be back here?

Last edited:
Are you supposed to be back here?

This update will without pictures. After riding Big Thunder Mountain, Jesse told Lacey that he wasn't feeling well. Before the trip, he had gone to the dentist who gave him some antibiotics. He was on day three or four and they were starting to upset his stomach. He had made sure to eat every morning before taking them, but this morning, he had only grabbed a granola bar and coffee. He was now paying the price. We walked over to Country Bear Jamboree and were about to go in when Jesse said he was feeling unwell.

He told us to go ahead and go into Country Bear Jamboree and he would hopefully be feeling better when we came out. Lacey stayed with him, and we took in the Country Bears. Tabitha loved them, Two outta two so far! When we came out it was raining. Not hard, but raining.

We checked in on Jesse and he was feeling worse. Not only was he feeling sick to his stomach, but he was also now feeling pukey. He started towards the bathrooms but told us to go ahead and do what we wanted. He would check in with us by text or call.

As he was coming back from the restroom, he felt the urge to throw up again and was in a dilemma. Does he throw up right in the middle of the crowd or does he duck into an opening to a behind the scenes area that is supposed to be for cast members only? He ducked behind the scenes and threw up in the bushes. He said he really hated doing it but it was much better than tossing his cookies among a crowd of guests.

He said he was leaning over when he heard someone say "Are you supposed to be back here?" A cast member saw him in the restricted area but took pity on him when he told him how sick he was. They went to get him a cup of water and some napkins and asked if he needed to go to first aide. He thanked them profusely and asked if he could just stand there a minute and they let him. They stayed with him and when he felt he could, they walked with him to the rocking chairs situated along the walkways in Frontierland.

I'll go ahead and let y'all know. He sat in the rocking chair for over an hour. He said that every time he started to get up, he'd feel woozy again. He text Lacey and told her to keep having fun and that he would make his way back to the resort and check in with us later. We all felt so bad leaving him behind but he insisted. (I would have done the same..

**Up next: Gurrrllll,you have done your homework!

Gurrrlll, you've done your homework!

As I said, we felt horrible leaving Jesse but he was insistent that we leave him there and go have fun. Just then, we heard music and Tabitha exclaimed "It's the rainy day parade!". Lacey looked at her and said "Gurrrlll, you've done your homework!".

IMG_4332.JPEG

IMG_4333.JPEG

IMG_4334.JPEG

IMG_4334.JPEG

IMG_4337.JPEG

IMG_4338.JPEG

What a cute way to make the best out of a rain shower!

**Up next: Well Pooh-ey!

Well Pooh-ey!

It was still drizzling rain and we wanted to find something indoors. As I said, all of us wanted to make this day all about seeing and doing things that Tabitha would like. Not that we didn't want to see and do it all too but.... One of Tabitha's favorite characters is Winnie the Pooh so the natural choice was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

IMG_4339.JPEG
IMG_4340.JPEG

IMG_4341.JPEG

IMG_4344.JPEG

Was this a well-poohey or a heck yeah? It was a heck yeah!

**Up next: Would you do me a favor? Oh gosh, the things I do for my clients.

Attachments

• IMG_4343.JPEG
    IMG_4343.JPEG
    40.3 KB · Views: 3

Loving all the updates! Just got caught up. What a fun time with your family - I'm sure it's a trip you'll all remember for years to come. Having a newbie in your group made it even more fun. Seems like she's really loving it! Sorry to read your son in law was having issues. Hope it passed quickly - no fun but especially when you're in Disney. Thanks for continuing with your TR!

Poor Jesse! So glad the CMs took pity on him and let him hide. I would have done the same thing he did. I also would have insisted everyone go have fun while I feel like crud. In fact back in 08 I did do that. I got bronchitis and went back to the hotel to just sleep I felt so sick. Insisted my friends stay out and play. I hope he was able to rally and felt better for the evening!

Loving all the updates! Just got caught up. What a fun time with your family - I'm sure it's a trip you'll all remember for years to come. Having a newbie in your group made it even more fun. Seems like she's really loving it! Sorry to read your son in law was having issues. Hope it passed quickly - no fun but especially when you're in Disney. Thanks for continuing with your TR!

I'm glad to be back on the Dis. I miss talking to my Dis friends. Poor Jesse, he was so sick!
Poor Jesse! So glad the CMs took pity on him and let him hide. I would have done the same thing he did. I also would have insisted everyone go have fun while I feel like crud. In fact back in 08 I did do that. I got bronchitis and went back to the hotel to just sleep I felt so sick. Insisted my friends stay out and play. I hope he was able to rally and felt better for the evening!

We felt so bad for him. I would have done that same thing too. He eventually went back to the resort to rest.

Hey! I am so glad to have found your trip report, albeit REALLY REALLY late in the game!! I have enjoyed your TRs in the past and wow, I can't believe that your son is already married!!!

I have binge-read your TR and here are my thoughts -

* YUCK! I can not believe that the food court at Coronado operated like that ESPECIALLY during the pandemic. That is just gross!!

* The Disney Springs bus situation with the cheerleaders would have made me so mad! That is ridiculous.

* Glad to see that your kids made it safely and that your DIL is loving her first disney trip. I hope that your SIL doesn't have a virus in your story. Disney is the worst place to get sick!!

Have a good weekend!

Hi

I am thoroughly enjoying your report. I’m going to have to look for prior ones you wrote too.
You have such an easy and engaging way of writing; making us feel like we are right there with you.
Including the personal stories makes me feel like I know you; kind of like a good book where you feel like you know the characters.

I can’t wait to read more

Noreen

Hey! I am so glad to have found your trip report, albeit REALLY REALLY late in the game!! I have enjoyed your TRs in the past and wow, I can't believe that your son is already married!!!

I have binge-read your TR and here are my thoughts -

* YUCK! I can not believe that the food court at Coronado operated like that ESPECIALLY during the pandemic. That is just gross!!

* The Disney Springs bus situation with the cheerleaders would have made me so mad! That is ridiculous.

* Glad to see that your kids made it safely and that your DIL is loving her first disney trip. I hope that your SIL doesn't have a virus in your story. Disney is the worst place to get sick!!

Have a good weekend!

The way the food court operated was a big part of why we didn't fall in love with Coronado Springs.

We were soooo upset by the bus situation to and from Disney Springs. The cheerleaders were a part of it but the driver was ridiculously rude.

I'll be providing an update on Jesse's health situation soon!
Hi

I am thoroughly enjoying your report. I’m going to have to look for prior ones you wrote too.
You have such an easy and engaging way of writing; making us feel like we are right there with you.
Including the personal stories makes me feel like I know you; kind of like a good book where you feel like you know the characters.

I can’t wait to read more

Noreen
Hey Noreen! Thank you so much for the compliment. I love writing and reliving our trips on the Disboards.
Still here!
Thank you for sticking around!
Waiting to hear more!
I'm working on an update now!
Definitely look forward to more!
Coming soon!
Enjoyed catching up on your report. Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks for being here!
Waiting for an upate . . .
Coming up!
I am still here. I have a trip coming up this spring.
Yay for a trip coming up soon!
Love all your trip reports. Including this one. Thanks.
Thank you so much!

Would you do me a favor? Oh gosh, the things I do for my clients.

Throughout the day, I was posting pictures on social media and one of my clients (Jessica) saw that I was in the Magic Kingdom. She is one of Lacey's childhood friends and has used my services for several years. So, when she asked me if I would pick up a popcorn bucket for her, I didn't have it in me to say no. I placed the mobile order and walked over to pick it up.
IMG_4347.PNG

In the meantime, Lacey stopped and picked up a snack. I think that Hunter and Tabitha got something as well but I don't have picture proof.

IMG_4346.JPEG

Popcorn bucket in hand, we met back up with the rest of the family. Of course, I had to take some shots of Minnie in Fantasyland not only for trip report purposes but to send to Jessica too. She thanked me profusely which made me feel better about taking the time away from family to order and pick it up.

IMG_4348.JPEG

IMG_4351.JPEG

I don't know about y'all but I don't see how anyone can carry around the large popcorn buckets like this one. It was a pain in the rear end!

Our next destination was Tomorrowland so that we could test our skills on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. That's Lacey in the picture below. She was sending Jesse a text to check on him. He was still feeling pretty crappy but he insisted that he would be okay and for us to continue park touring without him.
IMG_4353.JPEG

IMG_4355.JPEG

IMG_4358.JPEG
Continued in next post

Would you do me a favor? continued

Once we were done with Buzz Lightyear, we all decided that we were ready for some lunch. About that time, I got a text from Jessica. She had told one of her friends that I had gotten a Minnie Popcorn bucket for her. This friend had also been a client before. So....once again, I was ordering a popcorn bucket. If I thought that carrying around one bucket was hard, carrying two was a pain in the backside!

When John and I gifted the kids with their trips to Walt Disney World, we told them that we would pay for the resort, theme park tickets, and their hotel down to Florida. All they had to do was pay for their meals. Wellllllll, you know how us Moms and Dads are, we ain't making them pay for their food. So, I took everyone's preferences and placed a mobile order.

IMG_4360.PNG
We waited and waited and waited and waited....this was the longest we waited for our food the entire trip. Then, we couldn't find a table anywhere. So, we waited and waited and waited until finally a family was getting up and we were able to take their's. We were so frustrated which is probably why I have just one food picture.
IMG_4361.JPEG

Once done with lunch, we tossed our trash, gathered up our backpacks and the popcorn buckets and off we went to fly high in the sky on Dumbo. I snapped a picture of Lacey who had a "these popcorn buckets are dumb" smile on her face.

IMG_4362.JPEG

IMG_4363.JPEG

Hunter and Tabitha:

IMG_4365.JPEG
Lacey said that she didn't mind riding in her own elephant:

Tabitha, bless her heart, had tears in her eyes when we met at the exit She said that she had always dreamed of riding Dumbo. Y'all, it made ME want to cry.

Our next stop was Under the Sea with Ariel:

IMG_4369.JPEG

IMG_4371.JPEG

and that's the only picture that I took on the entire ride.

**Up next: What time is it? It's time for a tropical serenade!

What time is it? It's time for a tropical serenade!

Lacey talked to Jesse who said that he had finally made it back to the resort. Poor thing, every time he would stand up, he would feel like throwing up again. He said it took him what seemed like forever to get to the front of the park because he kept having to sit down or make restrooms stops. Lacey tried to talk him into letting her go to the resort and be with him but he said all he was doing was resting and sleeping off and on. He didn't want her to miss out on park time.

We cut through the castle which was absolutely gorgeous!

IMG_4372.JPEG

IMG_4373.JPEG

Look what we encountered...the parade:

IMG_4374.JPEG

Hunter and Tabitha went to do some things together while John, Lacey and I stopped for these beauties!

IMG_4375.JPEG

IMG_4376.JPEG

IMG_4377.JPEG

They did not disappoint!

After having enjoyed the cool treats, we wanted to sit for a while and enjoy a tropical serenade at The Enchanted Tiki Room. Unfortunately for us, a show had juuuust started when we arrived so we had a while to wait.

Lacey and John sat down on the little itty ledge to wait:

IMG_4379.JPEG

IMG_4380.JPEG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter