• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

Let's do the classics first! continued

Tabitha loved Spaceship Earth which was a relief because we were worried that she wouldn't care for the more toned down, classic Disney type attractions. Now that attraction passed the test, we moved on to see a purple dragon, Figment.

IMG_4109.JPEG

IMG_4110.JPEG

IMG_4113.JPEG

IMG_4114.JPEG

IMG_4115.JPEG

IMG_4116.JPEG

which was another hit with our Disney first-timer! Two outta two so far! Most of the hands-on stuff was closed but a few things were still open. Of course, Hunter gravitated to the music one.

IMG_4119.JPEG
while Lacey and Jesse played this one

IMG_4120.JPEG

**Continued in next post

Let's do the classics first! continued

Figment quickly became one of Tabitha's favorites (so much so that she has a complete Figment themed outfit put together for their Disney trip this year). We all decided to stick to the attractions in Future World and visit The Sea. There was no doubt in our minds that Tabitha would love this one because she is all about nature and animals.
IMG_4121.JPEG

IMG_4122.JPEG

IMG_4123.JPEG

IMG_4124.JPEG

IMG_4125.JPEG

IMG_4126.JPEG

IMG_4127.JPEG

IMG_4128.JPEG

IMG_4129.JPEG

IMG_4130.JPEG

Continued in next post

You're off to a good start! I bet it was fun sharing classic Disney with a newbie.

I'm just catching up now. Loved your reenactment from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. :laughing: Sounds like it was a great family trip, aside from a few mishaps with the buses and food.

Looking forward to reading your TR for your most recent adventure.

Previous post continued

If you remember, we were in The Sea with Nemo and Friends. As a lover of all things living and breathing, Tabitha was in heaven.

IMG_4131.JPEG

IMG_4132.JPEG

IMG_4133.JPEG

John and I went to visit the "nursery"

IMG_4134.JPEG

IMG_4135.JPEG

IMG_4136.JPEG

and then moved on to the part of the building where you could see the larger aquatic creatures. Look! It's a hidden Mickey!
IMG_4138.JPEG

IMG_4139.JPEG

IMG_4141.JPEG

IMG_4142.JPEG

Continued in next post

Where will they land?

We had all split up in The Sea with Nemo and Friends and it's a big building so it took us a while to find one another. Looking at our pictures, it appears that some of us (at least one of us) were hungry. This was a salad from Sunshine Seasons which is in The Land pavilion.

IMG_4145.JPEG

I am sure that we made a bathroom stop as well before we got in line for one of my favorite attractions, Living with the Land. (You'll find that I say that a lot...."one of my favorite attractions") The attraction had a slight holiday overlay. It wasn't too over the top. Just a few decorations here and there. Enough to make it quite festive.

IMG_4148.JPEG\\IMG_4149.JPEG

IMG_4150.JPEG

IMG_4151.JPEG

IMG_4152.JPEG

IMG_4153.JPEG

A not so hidden Mickey made from a water hose.

IMG_4154.JPEG

IMG_4155.JPEG

Continued in next post

First a boat and now a hang glider?

Once done with Living with the Land, we meandered over to Soarin'.

IMG_4163.JPEG

We were all excited to see how Tabitha would like it. We were given our line number, instructions on how to store our carry-on and reminded to take off our Mickey ears. After that, we were directed to our row in the hang glider. We strapped in and Tabitha was a bit nervous. But were soon off. The five us here were all watching Tabitha's reaction, halfway scared that she would be afraid the entire time. She loved it! Add another "love it" to Tabitha's list!

Up next: I smell a rat! I mean, I see a rat!

I've taken a break from the boards for a bit and just came across your trip report I can't wait to go back and read it but first I have to say I can't believe Hunter is married now. Wow times flies. Okay back to reading.

I've taken a break from the boards for a bit and just came across your trip report I can't wait to go back and read it but first I have to say I can't believe Hunter is married now. Wow times flies. Okay back to reading.
I know! It's hard to believe!

I smell a rat! I mean, I see a rat!
We left Future World and started towards World Showcase.

FullSizeRender.JPEG

IMG_2077.JPEG
We decided to start on the Canada side and work our way around. During the Food and Wine Festival, Disney Imagineers scattered little Remy's around World Showcase for their guests to find so we were on the lookout. There he is!
IMG_4166.JPEG
Look! He's over there too!
IMG_4167.JPEG

There's no need to look deeply into this next picture because there's no Remy but the landscaping was beautiful.
IMG_4168.JPEG

Lacey and Tabitha had a list of snacks that they wanted to try during the trip. France had a couple that they wanted.

IMG_4172.JPEG
As you can see from this next pic, there were a lot of others with that same thought. France was busy!

IMG_4175.JPEG

Continued in next post

I smell a rat! I mean, I see a rat! continued
I thought that I had a picture of the little macaroons that Lacey purchased but I don't see it. They said that their treats were just as good as they had hoped they would be.
Look in that corner! There's another Remy!
IMG_4177.JPEG

IMG_4178.JPEG

The guys visited one of the food and wine booths and purchased a beer from one of the countries. John is picky about his beer like he is picky about his coffee and he didn't really care for this one.

IMG_4180.JPEG

We continued on around the world, stopping here and there to try a snack or two. At one point, John and I were waiting for the kids and I stopped to book our 2022 trip. The countdown to the next vacation began!
IMG_4187.JPEG

You have to look a little closely, but you can see Tabitha and Hunter in the next picture. At the time, there was still no face-to-face character greetings. Tabith had spotted a character and was chatting with them. I loved seeing the Disney magic through the eyes of a newbie.

IMG_4188.JPEG

In the meantime, I took a quick selfie of John and I. I was looking in the direction of the camera and I don't know what John was looking at.

IMG_4192.JPEG

We finished up World Showcase and moved towards Future World and Coral Reef.

**Up next: But first....where will we land?

But first....where will we land?
As I said, we had dinner reservations but we still had plenty of time to get a nighttime Christmas themed ride in on Living With The Land.
IMG_4194.JPEG

IMG_4197.JPEG

IMG_4195.JPEG

IMG_4198.JPEG

IMG_4199.JPEG

IMG_4200.JPEG

If you have never experienced the attraction during the evening, you really should. If you get a chance to do it during the holidays AND in the evening, it's even better.

Our dinner reservation time was getting closer so we took the short walk over to Coral Reef and checked in. But, first, I had to stop and take a picture of the gorgeous Spaceship and its reflection in the water.

IMG_4201.JPEG

**continued in next post

But first....where will we land?
I know that I've said this many times and I'll say it many times again in this report, but we were excited to see how Tabitha would react to this experience. She loves anything that has to do with animals. Coral Reef is one of our favorite restaurants and I knew that it would be right up Tabitha's alley.

Our table had a great view.
IMG_4207.JPEG

Almost immediately after being seated, this guy swam by and Tabitha actually squealed out loud.

IMG_4208.JPEG

IMG_4209.JPEG

We placed our orders and, before we knew it, our food was being brought to the table. I ordered the shrimp and grits.

IMG_4210.JPEG
As did John.
IMG_4211.JPEG

I believe this was Hunter's steak dish.

IMG_4212.JPEG
Lacey, Tabith and Jesse all ordered fish....fish.....I can't remember what it was but they said it was good.
IMG_4213.JPEG

Every single year that we dine at Coral Reef, John orders this Irish coffee and sends a picture to Jesse. Lacey did a silly pose with Jesse's.

IMG_4214.JPEG

IMG_4215.JPEG
And some of us ordered the cheesecake:

IMG_4216.JPEG

*Continued in next post

But first....where will we land? continued

while others ordered this chocolate dessert:
IMG_4217.JPEG

During the entire meal, this sting ray stayed at the window. He/she would move ever so slightly but mostly stayed put.
IMG_4218.JPEG

Dinner done, we waddled out of the restaurant and back into the park.

IMG_4219.JPEG

IMG_4220.JPEG

IMG_4221.JPEG

We walked through the front of the park and to the bus stops. I took the picture above at 8:36 p.m. and the picture below was taken in the lobby of Coronado Springs at 9:37 p.m. ...an hour later. :sad2:

IMG_4225.JPEG

I see a hidden Mickey!

IMG_4226.JPEG

**Up next: Hooray for Hollywood! (I bet you can guess where we are going tomorrow!)

Hooray for Hollywood!
Hunter could hardly wait for Tabitha to see Star Wars Land in Hollywood Studios. We met at the bus stop and, once again, had to wait for a couple of buses to come by before we could get on. We always try to let those who were there before us get on before we do. Unfortunately, others aren't so considerate and would walk up to the bus stop and immediately get in front of the line.
IMG_2102.JPEG

Tabitha and Hunter were soooo ready!

IMG_2107.JPEG

The first part of the park that we went to was, of course, Star Wars Land and immediately hopped in line for Smuggler's Run. Y'all, I wish that I had the video that Lacey took. Tabitha and Tabitha were in the front chair positions, and it was hilarious! Tabitha experienced every emotion there was. It was so fun riding with her!

We figured this was a good time to try the different milks. Each of the couples got one of each. I thought they were okay. Nothing that I'd have to run back to have again.

IMG_2116.JPEG

We wanted to experience Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway together, so we grabbed a Genie+ pass while sipping on our drinks. We would do this together and then split up and have some couple time.

IMG_4228.JPEG

IMG_4229.JPEG

IMG_4230.JPEG

IMG_4231.JPEG

**Continued in next post

Hooray for Hollywood! continued

Finding Hidden Mickeys are always a great way to pass the time while waiting in line:
IMG_4232.JPEG

IMG_4233.JPEG

IMG_4234.JPEG

IMG_4235.JPEG

Not long after, we were boarding our train with Goofy as our engineer.

IMG_4237.JPEG

IMG_4241.JPEG
IMG_4243.JPEG

While I was sad to see The Great Movie Ride replaced, this is an amazing attraction that quickly became a favorite.

**Up next: Let's split up, oh hey!

Let's split up, oh hey!

Hunter and Tabitha for sure wanted to go back to Star Wars Land. Lacey and Jesse weren't sure what they were going to do. We split up and agreed to meet up later on.

After a quick bathroom break, John and I found ourselves near Star Tours. The wait time was short, so we hopped in line.

IMG_4244.JPEG

IMG_4245.JPEG

We were starting to feel rumblings in our stomachs but weren't super hungry. I placed a mobile order at Backlot Express and we waited and waited and waited. We approached the mobile order pickup window and we, along with probably five or six other people, were told that our orders weren't sent to their system even though we all had our order confirmations. They suggested that we cancel and place an order again. None of us did. We all left and said we would eat somewhere else.

I wanted to see Muppetvision 3D so we moved along to that area of the park. We also figured we would try PizzaRizzo. Like I said, we were getting hungry but weren't starving and pizza would hit the spot.

IMG_4247.JPEG

IMG_4248.JPEG

The pizzas came with a side salad too. By this time, the restaurant was getting pretty busy and it was hard to find a table. We found one outside in a corner and it was a great spot for people watching. We were just digging in when I got a text from Lacey. She wanted to know where we were, and we were surprised to learn that they were ordering pizza there too. The timing was perfect. They were able to sit at the table with us.

Not long after, we got a text from Hunter, they were in Toy Story Land. I was able to get us all passes for Toy Story Mania. We finished up our lunch and met them at Toy Story Mania. While waiting for us, Tabith and Hunter rode Alien Swirling Saucers.

I am looking back at our pictures and am thankful that we are no longer wearing face masks! What a pain in the rear that was!

IMG_4250.JPEG

IMG_4251.JPEG

When we exited the building, we saw that it was drizzling rain. Tabitha came prepared.

IMG_4252.JPEG

**Up next: You would think they could keep this place clean!

You would think they could keep this place clean!

Now that we were all back together again, we decided to head towards one of my now favorite attractions. I saw "now favorite" because it took me probably ten trips before I ever rode it. I was too chicken! I'm talking about Tower of Terror. If you have read my reports before, you may recall that my children literally stayed in the dump shop and prayed for me the first time I rode it. They knew my intense fear of heights and just knew that I would hate it. I didn't! I loved it!
We were introducing Tabitha to this awesome attraction.
IMG_4254.JPEG

I've always heard that it takes hard work on the part of the cast members to keep this place looking grim and dusty.

IMG_4255.JPEG

IMG_4256.JPEG

IMG_4257.JPEG

IMG_4258.JPEG

IMG_4259.JPEG

Bless Tabitha's little punkin' heart, she was nervous. I remember the first time I rode and the nervousness I felt. I was scared but not now!

The whole time we were going up and down and up and down, Tabitha was screaming! I was too! It was a big ol' screamfest. Once we got off, we asked Tabitha how she like it and she hated it. We all felt bad because we just knew she would enjoy it.

**Up next: Up and down is not your thing but maybe round and round will be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter