I hope I put this in the right place.. I need some help planning..

sersee05

DIS Veteran
Ok so we are planning a last minute trip to Disney in August(first week). We are debating offsite vs onsite still.

I had a pin (I think) that I received from Disney Destinations. But I think it was available to everyone..it was free hoppers? But now I think it expired. When I go to the disney website there are 4 different "promotions" Im getting confused.

If we stay offsite it will be at Windsor and I will buy tickets through undercover tourist and try the whole target/disney gift card thing to help with food.

But I got a quote for the Poly that wasn't horrible. What are the current promotions? Im really confused. On the website it had the room, a preschool one<?> but gave me option for hotels, a summer offer and a couple of others.

I really wanted the dining plan and I thought I had a pin for that but I don't think it's my dates.

There's numerous offers on the Disney website at any given time - my suggestion is go to "special offers", each will give travel dates for that particular promotion, see which ones fall within your travel dates and look at each one to see which is the best deal

In all my trips, I have never had the DDP work in my favor for saving money. We mix counter service with 2 or 3 table service meals and we have breakfast at our condo/house.

For a family of 3, you're saving $120 a meal by having an easy breakfast at your condo/rental home. That money is figured into your DDP if you get it. Nothing is free.

Honestly, DDP comes down to a personal choice. Its not a way to save any money unless you plan to eat every single meal at a table service restaurant then it may work out.

There are several promotions running at any time. You really need to run all the numbers to see which deal is best for you and factor in will your family use those amenities/options included. you can call Disney and if you get a good Cast Member they might can break it down for you. Or contact a travel agent and they can help you. I'd just make sure they are a someone who knows their Disney stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter