• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Hear a Rumor… PrincessBetsy is in Walt Disney World–A DCP Dining Review *9/24

I love that little alley in MK! Its so nice to be able to sit down with a cinnamon roll or some ice cream and just watch the park go by :thumbsup2

That kids cheeseburger is definitely the way to go. I'm more in love with the toppings bar at Pecos Bill than the actual meat patty itself. If I could just have the cheese and bun....loaded up with toppings....that'd be fine with me! :rotfl:

T-Rex – July 25th

A few of my roommates and a friend from work decided to have lunch at T-Rex. None of us had been here before, so we were very excited to eat here. Who wouldn’t want to have lunch with dinosaurs?

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

The kitchen is on fire!
IMG_2412.jpg

Here we are:
IMG_0974.jpg

Looking a little blue, eh?

We were in the ice age room and it changes colors when the meteor hits.
IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

At first this room seems pretty awesome, but it will get to you after a while. The room changes colors pretty often and you will most likely get a headache. :scared:

I had the Stegosaurus Steak and Cheese Sandwich - traditional-style cheese steak with sautéed onions, peppers and mushroom, topped with melted Monterey jack and Swiss cheeses served with lettuce and tomatoes on a toasted hoagie roll
IMG_2407.jpg

This was a huge portion! I loved all the toppings on this sandwich; so yummy! The meat was a little tough, but overall was pretty good. I wasn’t a huge fan of the chips, but you can substitute them for seasoned curly fries (for an additional charge) and they are amazing. I would rate this a…
barbossa.jpg

I would probably eat here just for the experience; let’s face it, dinosaurs are stinking awesome. I wouldn’t eat here, however, if you are expecting fantastic meal. If you want a really good steak and cheese sandwich, I would go to the Plaza at the Magic Kingdom. It is absolutely heavenly, plus you won’t get a headache from the constantly changing colors of the ice age room.

We've never tried T Rex, I guess I just thought it would be too noisy

Love the picture of all the girls :goodvibes

For some reason I thought T-Rex was similar to Rain Forest Cafe - maybe/maybe not:confused3. The ice room looks really interesting from the photos. Your cheesesteak sandwich looks pretty good. Sorry the chips weren't that great. Do they have a lava cake option like they do at RFC? I suppose I could look at the menu and not be so lazy! ;)

Probably the exact same thing I would have said.

:laughing: Not a fan of peas.

We love Marrakesh - I think it's one of those hidden gems. Kinda like Kona - but people are discovering that one!

And I so agree with you about the peas. I despise them and pick them out of any food that they are in :thumbsup2

I completely agree! It is definitely a hidden gem; I think people would be surprised by Marrakesh.

Marrakesh used to be one of our favorites, but we stopped going in 2008 after a somewhat disappointing (aka bland) meal. Your review is making me miss it. :)

Gotcha. You should give it another try! ;)

Is there heavy curry in these dishes? B/c they LOOK fantastic. I'm not so much into curry.

Nope, no curry at all. I don't like curry either.

Thank you for the review on Marrakesh. I have been to Epcot plenty of times over the years. I think this is the only place we have never eaten at. I told DH it will be on our list for next year.

Nice! I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the great review of Restaurant Marrakesh
You really don't see many on the boards and I really like the look of the menu there and hope to try it one day :thumbsup2

It's definitely a great restaurant that most people overlook.

Nice to see a review of Marrakesh - looks very tempting. I love baklava :)

Me too! Baklava is amazing... :lovestruc

Betsy, hope all is well. Looking forward to some more great reviews.

Hi there! I'm doing fantastically and hope you are as well! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad to see your review of Marrakesh since it is hard to tell from reading the menu exactly what the food is like. Especially the beef brewat roll, I wasn't sure what that was. I would definitely try that. It looks like a persian egg roll!! :laughing: I thought the first chicken dish had olives in it but that was peas? Uhhh.... not sure about that one.

It is a lovely restaurant and I'm glad to know that if I ditch any lunch plans while in Epcot that we are likely to get a walk-up for Marrakesh.

Thanks for sharing this review!! :goodvibes

Yum, that beef roll was so good! There were olives in the chicken dish and peas in the rice... not a fan of either haha. It's definitely a fantastic restaurant!

I am incredibly intrigued by the cookie swirl ice cream. I don't know if you're familiar with/have ever been to the grocery store Giant but they have a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that is flavored like cookie dough in addition to having the classic chunks so maybe this is the same concept (minus the chunks).

I've been to the real Morocco/Marrakech and I love seeing pictures of that restaurant! I know the food is a little intimidating for a lot of American palates but I'm of the opinion that there is something for everyone in Middle Eastern/North African cuisine :thumbsup2.

I've never tried that ice cream, but it sounds delicious! I'm glad that you know how amazing Moroccan cuisine is. So good!

That chocolate cake looks delicious! Where is that little alleyway? Is it normally pretty quiet?

Yes, it is always quiet! It is on the left about midway up Main Street as you are walking toward Cinderella Castle. It's a great place to enjoy a snack!

I love that little alleyway too! I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and our guide took us over there for a short rest and some info. To be honest I'm usually so excited once I get in the MK that I never even noticed it was there. :confused3 But now that I know, I like to grab something to eat and stop there. Great tip about the kids burger. I will remember that!

No prob! I think that happens to most people when entering the Magic Kingdom. I don't mind though; wouldn't want it to get overcrowded :rotfl:

My husband would love that cake! I'll have to remember....

Oh my gosh... that cake was amazing :lovestruc

LOVE me some PB & JS!!! ;)

Hardly a better combination!

That little alleyway looks like a lovely, peaceful place to sit. Can't wait to sit there and devour my cinnamon roll from MSB in a couple of weeks ;)

We will be at MK on Tuesday 28th August. We will be sure to see if Princess Betsy is working at Splash that day :thumbsup2

Yummmm... love those cinnamon rolls. I'll let you know when I'm working once I get my schedule. I would love to meet you!!

Those tables at the back of the Main Street Bakery are 100% my fave place to sit in the Magic Kingdom

Mmm - cheese danish in hand :goodvibes

Ahhh... absolute perfection.

Mmmmmm that chocolate cake looks lovely. What a perfect treat in a perfect little setting! :) Now if Jack would have joined you that really would have been perfect! ;) Thanks for the kid cheeseburger info and the toppings bar.

Right?! That would have been amazing... I'd probably pass out though. :lmao:

Hi! I have been lurking truly enjoy reading your report. Thanks for the seating tips and the great food reviews!

Glad you are enjoying it. Thanks for reading!!!

I love that little alley in MK! Its so nice to be able to sit down with a cinnamon roll or some ice cream and just watch the park go by :thumbsup2

I completely agree. It's a great spot to enjoy a treat from the bakery.

That kids cheeseburger is definitely the way to go. I'm more in love with the toppings bar at Pecos Bill than the actual meat patty itself. If I could just have the cheese and bun....loaded up with toppings....that'd be fine with me! :rotfl:

Yup, I know how you feel! :rotfl:

We've never tried T Rex, I guess I just thought it would be too noisy

Love the picture of all the girls :goodvibes

It is very noisy... The soundtrack is roaring dinosaurs, so it gets old very quickly haha. It's a great place to try once; perhaps I'll sit in the quiet fish room next time though.

For some reason I thought T-Rex was similar to Rain Forest Cafe - maybe/maybe not:confused3. The ice room looks really interesting from the photos. Your cheesesteak sandwich looks pretty good. Sorry the chips weren't that great. Do they have a lava cake option like they do at RFC? I suppose I could look at the menu and not be so lazy! ;)

Yes, T-Rex is very similar to RFC. It's basically the same food with different names. And yes I believe there was a lava cake of some sort offered :lmao:

Roaring Forks – July 26th

I decided to spend the morning at the Magic Kingdom, before meeting some friends at Epcot. Before heading to the park I needed some nourishment and choose the Wilderness Lodge as my breakfast stop.

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

Decisions, decisions…

I went with the Bananas Foster Waffles:
IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

These were incredible. Mickey waffles are my favorite breakfast item, but cover them in a scrumptious sauce… oh my :cloud9:. This was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had on Disney property. The only downfall was the floppy, undercooked bacon :sad:, but the waffles were so delicious it didn’t even matter. I’ll definitely be back to try out all the combinations ::yes::. This easily receives a…
jack.jpg

After eating, I traveled down the dock to catch a boat to MK.
IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

Surprisingly, I didn’t eat anything here :scared1:. I did stop by Cinderella Castle, saw the Dapper Dans, and happened to catch a pirate tutorial before heading to Epcot.

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

Up Next: Sunshine Seasons

Let me wipe this drool off my chin while I type. :rotfl2: Those waffles look heavenly! I have to get to Roaring Forks to try those. Although, I think I will be torn between those and the chocolate ones. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for starting my day in London with a peak at those oh so yummy waffles :cloud9:
When we stayed a WL last year, I was literally running to Roaring Fork for breakfast every day!, the strawberry ones are awesome as well :goodvibes

My sister and I stayed at WL last year and breakfast at Roaring Fork was fantastic!! I wish I was going back there during our next trip but unfortunately it's not going to fit in our plans. :sad1: But thanks for that trip down memory lane. I think WL is going to be my resort of choice next time though!

I will be on the lookout for you at the end of the month! Hopefully we'll catch a glimpse of you!:wave2:

Wilderness Waffles please! Those look so good. And great photos. I might just have to plan on taking the boat when we go to Artist Point for dinner just so I can walk down the boardwalk.

(And no...not a fan of peas. YUCK!)

Wow, we stayed at WL last year and ate breakfast at roaring forks every morning... How did I miss the waffles? Now that I think about it, I don't remember what I did eat, but it sure wasn't anything as good as that! Guess we'll have to go back at some point.

OMG, those waffles are a must do!

Jill in CO

Heck yes they are! Best breakfast ever.

Let me wipe this drool off my chin while I type. :rotfl2: Those waffles look heavenly! I have to get to Roaring Forks to try those. Although, I think I will be torn between those and the chocolate ones. Decisions, decisions.

Life's struggles right here. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with any of the delicious options.

Thanks for starting my day in London with a peak at those oh so yummy waffles :cloud9:
When we stayed a WL last year, I was literally running to Roaring Fork for breakfast every day!, the strawberry ones are awesome as well :goodvibes

Yes, I remember you mentioning them in one of your dining reviews! I thought of you went I went there. I'll definitely be back to try the strawberry ones :thumbsup2

My sister and I stayed at WL last year and breakfast at Roaring Fork was fantastic!! I wish I was going back there during our next trip but unfortunately it's not going to fit in our plans. :sad1: But thanks for that trip down memory lane. I think WL is going to be my resort of choice next time though!

I will be on the lookout for you at the end of the month! Hopefully we'll catch a glimpse of you!:wave2:

Yay! When will you be arriving? I'd love to meet you :goodvibes

Wilderness Waffles please! Those look so good. And great photos. I might just have to plan on taking the boat when we go to Artist Point for dinner just so I can walk down the boardwalk.

(And no...not a fan of peas. YUCK!)

I love taking the boat over; it's just so relaxing. I need to check out Artist Point soon as well.

Wow, we stayed at WL last year and ate breakfast at roaring forks every morning... How did I miss the waffles? Now that I think about it, I don't remember what I did eat, but it sure wasn't anything as good as that! Guess we'll have to go back at some point.

You will definitely have to go back! Those waffles are amazing... :upsidedow

Sunshine Seasons – July 26th

Once arriving at Epcot I met up with my friend from work and a couple of my roommates. We flew over California, then decided it was time for food! The closest place to Soarin for deliciousness is Sunshine Seasons. This place has so many different options – layered sandwiches, sweet and sour chicken, roasted chicken, pork chops, and desserts beyond the scope of your imagination.

I had the Sweet and Sour Chicken with Jasmine Rice:
IMG_1027.jpg

This was good, but the portion size was very small for the price of $10… I absolutely love jasmine rice and this was cooked perfectly. I’ve had better sweet and sour chicken (hello there Yak and Yeti), so I would probably skip this next time.

My roommate had the Pork Chop with Cheddar Mashed Potatoes:
IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

I went back to Sunshine Seasons a week or so later and had this… Oh good lord was this amazing. The mashed potatoes were heavenly and the pork chop was incredibly tender. They served it with a tomato barbecue sauce (optional). I’m not a huge fan of tomatoes, but I really loved this sauce; minus the huge tomato chunks. I met Paula Deen last November and was served pork chops with tomato gravy; this meal was very reminiscent of the one I had then. Here is the recipe for those of you who are interested:
http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/fried_pork_chops_with_tomato_gravy/

Onto dessert!
IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

I was definitely a struggle, but I went with the Chocolate Mousse Cake:
IMG_1026.jpg

What a great life decision! This was very moist and incredibly chocolaty!! Probably one of the best chocolate cakes I’ve ever had.

Overall Sunshine Seasons is one of my favorite quick service places in all of WDW. They have fantastic options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and it is all reasonably priced (for a Disney theme park of course). If you have never been here, I highly recommend trying it out…
jack.jpg

Once we were sufficiently full, we went on Living with the Land. I absolutely love this attraction, particularly because you can see all the wonderful veggies growing. I really want to do the Behind the Seeds Tour at one point.

Hidden Lettuce Mickey!
IMG_1040.jpg

Tomato Tree… how cool is that?
IMG_1042.jpg

After enjoying some time around World Showcase, we watched Illuminations and met some friends at the Beach Club for dessert.

Coming up: Beaches and Cream

Sunshine Seasons is fab
We love the strawberry shortcake :cloud9:
I highly recommend the Behind The Seeds Tour, it's not too expensive and a lot of fun :thumbsup2

Betsy, I have to agree about Sunshine Seasons. We ordered the orange chicken and it was OK the jasmine rice was delicious. The portion size was not great (smallest serving we had all vacation). Usually three of us can share two lunch meals. Not at Sunshine Seasons everyone had to have their own. Now the dessert on the other hand was worth a trip in itself. BTW we ate there the first week of July.

Your waffles from Roaring Forks look good. Even though I do not like waffles:rotfl:.

Looking forward to more reviews. Brenda should be there by now, hope yall enjoy your visit.

We rode Living with the Land for the first time last trip. I can't believe I'd never done it before. Absolutely loved it. I can't wait to go again in October. Not sure we'll get to do the Behind the Seeds tour this time, but it one tour I'm definitely interested in doing.

Yesterday was the best day of work ever. Why? Because I had some very special people visit me yesterday: Brenda and DonaldDoleWhip!!! I was so excited to finally meet you both; I just wish I could have spent more time with you. You guys definitely made my night!! :goodvibes I wish you both the best of vacations and hopefully I'll see you again soon! :hug:

In dining news: I just made reservations for the 3D Dessert Discovery during the Food and Wine Festival and for Be Our Guest restaurant on November 19th (opening day) at 5:00. My family is coming down, so they will get to experience Be Our Guest with me. I am excited beyond words!

I wish you all a magical day! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter