• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Hear a Rumor… PrincessBetsy is in Walt Disney World–A DCP Dining Review *9/24

Restaurant Marrakesh – July 11th

One of my roommates has a friend from work who is French Moroccan and speaks fluent French and Arabic. It was only fitting that we have a meal in Morocco. There were 6 of us that went: me, three roommates, and two friends from my roommate’s work. Unfortunately, as soon as we arrived in Epcot it started to pour. Being CP’s we don’t like to spend our money on unnecessary items, so we walked to Morocco in the rain without ponchos. We got there right on time; we were a little wet, but were absolutely starving!

My apologies for some of the poor photos. My camera decided to die on me, so I had to take pics with my iPhone.

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

The restaurant itself is very pretty and when we got there, very empty. Restaurant Marrakesh isn’t one of the more popular restaurants, so you don’t really even need a lunch reservation most of the time.

Also during our meal we were even lucky enough to catch one of the Belly Dancers:
19.jpg

I don’t even want to know how someone can move like that. :confused3

While we were waiting to be seated, we noticed this sign:
IMG_2380.jpg

Chef's Lunch Special
Appetizer: Seasoned Beef Rolls served with tomato and cucumber salad
Entree: Chicken Kebobs served with Rice mixed with vegetables
Dessert: Baklava

This was a great deal, so four of us ended up getting this.

We were started out with some Moroccan Bread:
IMG_2361.jpg

Yum! This was basically sourdough bread with a crusty outside and soft inside. And it goes very well with the packets of butter. Paula Deen would have been very proud of me… just saying.

Soon after, our appetizers arrived. Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Beef Brewat Rolls:
IMG_2362.jpg

The beef rolls are baked layers of thin pastry filled with seasoned minced beef, fried and sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar. This was absolutely delicious. The dressing on the salad was a Caesar type dressing; very creamy and thick. And the beef roll… oh good lord, this was amazing. It is kind of like a sweet egg roll with a beef filling and cinnamon on top. You wouldn’t think it, but it is one heck of a combination. I could eat those little beauties all day long.

Next up was our entrée.
20.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

Chicken Kebabs - grilled brochettes of chicken breast marinated in Moroccan herbs and spices. I always love to make kebabs at home and these did not disappoint. The chicken was cooked perfectly and very tender. The sauce was very good, although I’m not sure how to describe it. It was very flavorful and not at all spicy. The rice was also good, except for the peas… bleh.

Here are the other entrees that were ordered:
21.jpg

Mogador Fish Tagine - marinated fish with olives, lemon confit, potatoes, green peppers, and chermula sauce

IMG_2370.jpg

Sultan's Sampler - grilled brochette of beef served with a Beef Brewat Roll and Chicken Bastilla served with vegetable couscous

I didn’t try either of these, but both were declared delicious. I can tell you that all of our plates were basically licked clean.

Since dessert was coming up, a couple girls ordered Moroccan Coffee:
IMG_2363.jpg

This was very strong! I don’t like coffee, but I tried a sip. Probably not the best judge on that one. :rotfl:

Baklava
24.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

The glop of goo is an orange date sauce of some kind. It was pretty nasty and rather unnecessary if you ask me :scared:. These pastries shine on their own and are perfectly delicious. I just wish they were a tad bigger – don’t judge now. ;)

Our server was also kind enough to bring us this, free of charge:
IMG_2376.jpg

Bastilla - crispy leaves of pastry topped with vanilla cream and sprinkled with toasted almonds
This was very good, but difficult to eat. The vanilla cream also had a hint of rose water in it. Very yummy indeed!

This was one amazing meal. I feel like it is Americanized enough, so you don’t even have to be an adventurous eater to enjoy it. One of my roommates is very picky and she loved everything. If you have an extra spot open in your dining plans, I would definitely suggest giving this restaurant a try. It is such a great experience! I know that we will definitely be back to visit…
jack.jpg

We love Marrakesh - I think it's one of those hidden gems. Kinda like Kona - but people are discovering that one!

And I so agree with you about the peas. I despise them and pick them out of any food that they are in :thumbsup2

Marrakesh used to be one of our favorites, but we stopped going in 2008 after a somewhat disappointing (aka bland) meal. Your review is making me miss it. :)

Is there heavy curry in these dishes? B/c they LOOK fantastic. I'm not so much into curry.

Thank you for the review on Marrakesh. I have been to Epcot plenty of times over the years. I think this is the only place we have never eaten at. I told DH it will be on our list for next year.

Thanks for the great review of Restaurant Marrakesh
You really don't see many on the boards and I really like the look of the menu there and hope to try it one day :thumbsup2

I'm so glad to see your review of Marrakesh since it is hard to tell from reading the menu exactly what the food is like. Especially the beef brewat roll, I wasn't sure what that was. I would definitely try that. It looks like a persian egg roll!! :laughing: I thought the first chicken dish had olives in it but that was peas? Uhhh.... not sure about that one.

It is a lovely restaurant and I'm glad to know that if I ditch any lunch plans while in Epcot that we are likely to get a walk-up for Marrakesh.

Thanks for sharing this review!! :goodvibes

I am incredibly intrigued by the cookie swirl ice cream. I don't know if you're familiar with/have ever been to the grocery store Giant but they have a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that is flavored like cookie dough in addition to having the classic chunks so maybe this is the same concept (minus the chunks).

I've been to the real Morocco/Marrakech and I love seeing pictures of that restaurant! I know the food is a little intimidating for a lot of American palates but I'm of the opinion that there is something for everyone in Middle Eastern/North African cuisine :thumbsup2.

July 12th

Pecos Bill

When you go to Pecos Bill there is only one place to sit: The Captain Jack Sparrow Room. To find said room, you must travel down this hallway:
IMG_0963.jpg

Once you spot this display case, you’ll know you’ve found the treasure:
IMG_0962.jpg

Jar of Dirt!

Pretty neat, eh? Oh yes, onto the food!

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

Kid’s Cheeseburger with French Fries, Chocolate Chip Cookie, and Chocolate Milk
Like I’ve said numerous times before, this isn’t going to be the best burger on property. It is, however, one of the best deals on property. You can get this awesome kid’s meal, then go to the toppings bar and go crazy. It has the usual lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles, but it also has mushrooms, sautéed onions, and cheese sauce. I love the onions here… so good. I was very surprised that my burger was actually warm this time, as well as the fries. Way to go Pecos! Oh yes, I also wanted to mention the self-ordering kiosks they have here. You can put your order in on the screen, take your receipt, and go up to the counter. There usually isn’t a line, so it saves quite a bit of time. Plus, you don’t have to stand behind indecisive families that are on the dining plan – a win win if you ask me! :rotfl:
barbossa.jpg

Before I went to lunch, I went to Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial. Just couldn’t resist.
IMG_0955.jpg

And he even posed for me. So in love…:lovestruc

Main Street Bakery

As I was heading out of the park, I decided to have some dessert in my quaint little alleyway.
IMG_0964.jpg

Chocolate Cake
IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

Oh yeahhhhhh. This is absolutely heavenly. A three layer chocolate cake filled with thick, rich chocolate frosting. Doesn’t get any better than this folks. As I was finishing up my cake, the Main Street Philharmonic came out to do a show. As soon as they were on stage they started playing zip-a-dee-do-dah. Quite fitting if you ask me…
jack.jpg

I love that little alleyway too! I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and our guide took us over there for a short rest and some info. To be honest I'm usually so excited once I get in the MK that I never even noticed it was there. :confused3 But now that I know, I like to grab something to eat and stop there. Great tip about the kids burger. I will remember that!

That little alleyway looks like a lovely, peaceful place to sit. Can't wait to sit there and devour my cinnamon roll from MSB in a couple of weeks ;)

We will be at MK on Tuesday 28th August. We will be sure to see if Princess Betsy is working at Splash that day :thumbsup2

Those tables at the back of the Main Street Bakery are 100% my fave place to sit in the Magic Kingdom

Mmm - cheese danish in hand :goodvibes

Mmmmmm that chocolate cake looks lovely. What a perfect treat in a perfect little setting! :) Now if Jack would have joined you that really would have been perfect! ;) Thanks for the kid cheeseburger info and the toppings bar.

Hi! I have been lurking truly enjoy reading your report. Thanks for the seating tips and the great food reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter