I Haven't Been To Disneyland Since Last March Which Is Make It Difficult To Come Back

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm sorry if this is a bit depressing, but I haven't been back at Disneyland since last March, because 1. Reservation System, 2. Magic Key Pass are no longer sailing and I don't know if annual passes are coming back or not, 3. It's hard to get in there now. I miss going to Disneyland. I told my psychiatrist how things change and he and my mom thinks I become more mature, even if I tried. But despite of that, I miss going to Disneyland from time to time. I just wish they never end the annual passes. I wish Disneyland brings it back, but sadly, we all know in reality that they will not. And I don't think Magic Key Pass is going to be on sale again either because of criticisms and the lawsuits I've been hearing about. So, I don't know what to do. I feel like I should've live in another state so I don't have this obsession of Disneyland, even if I saw it on TV and internet. I'm sorry that this thread is too depressing, but that's how I feel right now. :sad1:

Annual passes are not required to visit. If you are in California, buy a California 3-day pass and visit 3 times between now and Sept 15.
Very interesting. I'll think about that. I know passes are not always required, but that's what me and my family always use until they end the original passes. But thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

i’ll try, but it won’t be the same, unless, they change the Magic Key Pass with better options, but I don’t know if Magic Key Pass is coming back. Also, it’s impossible to get in the reservation system. I wish that reservation system didn’t exist, but it has to. Also, I have autism and don’t know if my family wants to go back to Disneyland.

Last edited:

i’ll try, but it won’t be the same, unless, they change the Magic Key Pass with better options, but I don’t know if Magic Key Pass is coming back. Also, it’s impossible to get in the reservation system. I wish that reservation system didn’t exist, but it has to. Also, I have autism and don’t know if my family wants to go back to Disneyland.
Well your family maybe not wanting to go is a different ball of wax. But if you really want to go, you don’t need a Magic Key and on regular tickets, reservations are easy to get. Unfortunately, I’d get used to them because I think they’re here to stay.

Hi TSWade2,
I feel like I might understand a little where you're coming from. If I'm off base, please forgive me, but I think I'm feeling a lot like you are.

I have serious mental illness (check my profile for specifics) and to me, Disney really helps me cope. It is not often that I can get to WDW (my favorite Disney location) but after spending 15 years in Maryland for medical care, I have moved back to my home state of CA and live really close to Disneyland like I have since I was born. Growing up I had a lot of annual passes, and often even went to the parks on my way home from the hospital in my teens, where I spent a lot of time for inpatient and outpatient treatment. I was often going to UCLA med center 4 days a week, and would frequently take myself to DLR on my way home to process and self-soothe. Disney has remained the only place I feel safe and now that I'm back, I would love to have the same frequent access to the parks as I had growing up. Not having the annual passes available is really hard, as it has always offered me so much "therapeutically" to go often. I go to DTD sometimes, but it's really small and there's not a whole lot to do there. (I wish it were more like Disney Springs!)

Anyway, if you relate to any of this, we really have something in common and I'm so sorry it's hard on you too. Don't give up hope. I really have to tell myself there is always a possibility that a decent annual pass option will come back!

Take care, TSWade2!

Getting park reservations isn't hard with regular tickets. We purchased tickets for a very last minute trip and both parks were available both days. I know it isn't the same as having an annual pass (we had them in FL for a time) but it's definitely possible to make trips - even at the last minute - to Disneyland as a regular ticket holder. Disney is my happy place, too. I hope you're able to go soon!

I think I get what you mean. When the parks opened in 2021 but before passes were released we only went once to get it out of our system but then didnt return until passes were available. Going with tickets feels different than going with passes because you feel pressured to get stuff done, while with a pass you can sit on a bench people watching without feeling like youre wasting time. Makes me nervous about whatever inevitably terrible news theyre going to announce in the next few weeks as peoples' passes starting expiring (if it were good news it would have been announced by now).

How far away do you live from Disneyland and how old are you? Can you go to Disneyland by yourself?

I know you have autism. My sons do too and they love Disneyland so much, so I understand why you like going there. I'm sorry you feel like your family doesn't support your love of Disneyland. That must be hard.

You don't need an annual pass/Magic Key to go to the parks. The special ticket offers make it very affordable to go for 3 days and you can spread out the visits. The reservation calendar is MUCH more available to people who buy these tickets. You can always get a reservation for the day you want to go.

Do you have a job or have an income source like SSI? If so, can you save up enough money for your ticket and then maybe someone in your family can take you?

Have you told your family how happy Disneyland makes you and that it really helps your mental state? For my kids it is like therapy. And as parents, my husband and I have vowed to make it a priority to keep taking them as long as they want to go. There is nothing immature about going to Disneyland as an adult. It's wonderful to go somewhere that you can just have fun and feel like a kid again. I'm 43 and it's still my favorite place to go.

I hope you get back there soon!

Last edited:
How far away do you live from Disneyland and how old are you? Can you go to Disneyland by yourself?

I know you have autism. My sons do too and they love Disneyland so much, so I understand why you like going there. I'm sorry you feel like your family doesn't support your love of Disneyland. That must be hard.

You don't need an annual pass/Magic Key to go to the parks. The special ticket offers make it very affordable to go for 3 days and you can spread out the visits. The reservation calendar is MUCH more available to people who buy these tickets. You can always get a reservation for the day you want to go.

Do you have a job or have an income source like SSI? If so, can you save up enough money for your ticket and then maybe someone in your family can take you?

Have you told your family how happy Disneyland makes you and that it really helps your mental state? For my kids it is like therapy. And as parents, my husband and I have vowed to make it a priority to keep taking them as long as they want to go. There is nothing immature about going to Disneyland as an adult. It's wonderful to go somewhere that you can just have fun and feel like a kid again. I'm 43 and it's still my favorite place to go.

I hope you get back there soon!
Dlgal,
What a thoughtful and kind response. I really hope this helps TS, and gives him some hope! Disney is therapy for lots of people! It's hard when something that makes you feel good is "taken away" (or changes in a way you're not used to!)

Best,
Beth

@TsWade2

Adjusting to changes in things we love is really hard, even for those of us without Autism or another MH condition. We are so used to doing things 'this way' and we just don't want to have to start doing it 'that way'. But sometimes we just have to change our ways, that's part of life. I'm having to adjust to the way I 'do' DLR, too. Since I lost my 'Disney Sister' I'm trying to adjust to having to take solo multi-day trips. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm working on it.

I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do or how you need to 'change' in order to get back to DLR . I'm just wishing for you to have the 'tools' you need to cope with the changes that have happened at a place that is so special to so many of us.

Even living in another state if you have nostalgia with DL it does not go away... we're in Oregon and I still think about our next trip just fine from here. It is worst right after since I always leave things undone.... :headache:

As others have said you can totally go with a regular pass. I know it isn't the same as having an entry ticket for any day and time in your pocket, but you may find that it IS plenty fun after you do it this way. I had built up the changes in my mind for WDW as well, but honestly we had a great time and now I think Genie+ is not really a big deal (though I definitely wish you could use it for a ride more than once in a day if you wish). You won't know until you go with the flow once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter