• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have the Disney Credit Card (not the visa One) What Benefits?

Bsan1221

Earning My Ears
I have the Disney Credit Card not the one through Visa; Do I get any benefits with this Credit Card??

Sorry, no. I'd suggest changing it to the Visa.

Anne

Speaking of the Disney cc....Did anyone who didn't apply for the card when it first came out get the pre-approved offer?

I had decided I didn't want the card...high interest, not-so-great benefits. Now I'm re-thinking it. With our vacation coming up we could charge everything and quite a few bonus $$'s.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has re-thought getting the card after being tempted yet again? ;)

I think the benefits are great. No annual fee and what amounts to $10 in WDW gift certificates for every $1000 I spend. I've already spent $2000 on it, so I've got a free lunch at Beaches and Cream if you look at it that way.

I pay the balance off every month, so the interest rate doesn't matter.

I also like the six months interest free on DCL :)

Previously I was using cards that gave me FF miles. They all have an annual fee, so I'm much better off using the Disney card.

Anne

I really don't understand why anyone would get excited about a free lunch after spending $2000.00? Does that mean if you spend $10,000.00 your whole family would get 1 free meal? The way I'd see it , I'd have to spend $100,000.00 to get 1 free hotel night. I feel like a sucker - just got my Disney Visa in the mail.

Originally posted by WDW2000
I really don't understand why anyone would get excited about a free lunch after spending $2000.00? Does that mean if you spend $10,000.00 your whole family would get 1 free meal? The way I'd see it , I'd have to spend $100,000.00 to get 1 free hotel night. I feel like a sucker - just got my Disney Visa in the mail.

I guess some people are getting the card for the resort discounts, too. While many of us here on the DIS seem to know about discounts throughout the year, some people may like the convenience of having a cardmember "exclusive" discount code sent to them without having to "investigate".

I have to agree about the points accumulation though. I may have to pay an annual for the FF cards but the actual points seem to have more value for my needs. For example, with AMEX membership rewards, I can get 1 point (sometimes 2) for every dollar spent. I then transfer my miles to frequent flier programs. If you were to "buy" miles from an airline, it is typically $25 or more per 1,000 miles. So, the value is better for my needs just to use the FF cards.

Originally posted by WDW2000

It was money I would have spent anyhow--groceries, plane tickets, cell phone bill, etc. So at least I'm getting something for it. Better than paying by check--that gets me NOTHING! I'm not suggesting that you go out and spend money on things just to get a free meal.

As long as you pay it off every month, rack it up!

Anne

Your right Ducklite - If you're going to have a Credit Card, why not DisneyVisa right? That's why I got it, with my other CC I wasn't getting any kind of points or rewards so I figured at least they might throw me a discount code once in awhile.:)

I am just a bit cynical over all the hype that it is generating. Hopefully they will offer double or triple awards:cool: And BTW , BEACHES & CREME is my ultimate favorite!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter