I have something positive to say about this week

That's because imagineering is now full of architects working on plans for Disney communities. Imagineering for the parks is an afterthought at best anymore.

my whole thing is why is everything so Moana and Coco heavily presence? They are too new to have that reverence to them…as a kid going to disney in the 90s it still felt like they heavily honored the classics but with the newer movies sprinkled in. Too heavy handed and there is NO emotional pull to it.

my whole thing is why is everything so Moana and Coco heavily presence? They are too new to have that reverence to them…as a kid going to disney in the 90s it still felt like they heavily honored the classics but with the newer movies sprinkled in. Too heavy handed and there is NO emotional pull to it.
Lin Manuel Miranda is already pitching an Encanto attraction. Expect "We Don't Talk About Bruno" in HarmoniUS soon.

Yea, me, too. The title got me because I'm tired of the negative generalizations all the time. Silly me. We were there in December and January, and we had really good trips. Genie+ is not worthless - it might not be for everyone, but it has value. Our food experiences weren't 100% great, but most were quite good. We enjoyed Remy's (did it twice), and we certainly have people in our crew who enjoy Figment every chance they get! In nearly 2 weeks of trip, we had one issue with a ride, and that wasn't a breakdown - it was some stupid kids trying to get out of their Navi boat during the ride, and it shut down the entire ride for 10 minutes.

So for those of you with upcoming trips reading the pretend positive posts, make sure you get all sides and read the actual positive posts out here, too. Disney is far from a perfect experience right now. But it was never a perfect experience.

Thank you for this ^. I opened this post excited to see something positive on the dis--I dont even open the posts with negative thread titles as, by this point, they're redundant. We went in June, there were far fewer offerings for entertainment and character interaction and we had a blast. We're going back in June and we'll have a blast then too. Disney is constantly surveying guest satisfaction, and they have shown in the past that they'll listen. If enough people are unhappy with the shows, they'll update or swap them out. I don't think Ratatouille was ever meant to be a jaw dropping headliner, but I think it's probably a great addition and once the newness wears off, will fall in line with shorter waits. As the above poster said, don't go into the parks looking for things to be negative about, you'll find them now, just as you would have 10 years ago. Set positive intentions and positivity will come to you.

That's because imagineering is now full of architects working on plans for Disney communities. Imagineering for the parks is an afterthought at best anymore.

So true. Modern imagineers could never conceive of an attraction as loved as Haunted Mansion. Today's imagineers think merely in terms of carnival ride knock-offs.

I feel deeply for the CMs who had to deal with guests who would would not follow the clear mask rules. They have enough hassle with unkind people saving tables, saving spots in line for friends, smoking, grabbing handfuls of limited edition merchandise, abusing wheelchair/disabled perks, etc. I will be so happy for them when this added burden of the pandemic procedures is behind us. Much love and high five to all of them!!! Remember when you encounter a CM who doesn't seem a perky happy person, think of the rude guest they just had to deal with!

So true. Modern imagineers could never conceive of an attraction as loved as Haunted Mansion. Today's imagineers think merely in terms of carnival ride knock-offs.

That's a ridiculous statement, given the high quality of the attractions they've opened recently. I've experienced all their new rides, and there are no "carnival ride knock-offs."

Wow, negativity on these boards is through the roof. I understand that Genie + has bugs, and that's a legitimate complaint. But now people are fabricating things to complain about.

Not sure what world you’re living in.

The previous poster you quoted was referring to the Storyliving by Disney project, not taking a dump on imaginering.

We are here as well. Last trip before my oldest starts college. Have come every year since the were born. Have had to massively lower our expectations. Genie + got us on 1 ride atHS yesterday not going to buy again. No availability after the first ride The crowds are ridiculous. We are wearing masks but if we come out of this without COVID it’s would be a miracle. Thank goodness we are Vaxed and boosted We bought ll for flight of passage and ratatouille on Saturday. It was actually good ratatouille broke because it opened our window and it was fixed briefly and we were able to ride. MK today. And all parks are booked to capacity. Looks like it’s a pool day. They really need to rethink there ability to handle crowds paying for tickets u can’t use even if u pay the premium is irritating

We are here as well. Last trip before my oldest starts college. Have come every year since the were born. Have had to massively lower our expectations. Genie + got us on 1 ride atHS yesterday not going to buy again. No availability after the first ride The crowds are ridiculous. We are wearing masks but if we come out of this without COVID it’s would be a miracle. Thank goodness we are Vaxed and boosted We bought ll for flight of passage and ratatouille on Saturday. It was actually good ratatouille broke because it opened our window and it was fixed briefly and we were able to ride. MK today. And all parks are booked to capacity. Looks like it’s a pool day. They really need to rethink there ability to handle crowds paying for tickets u can’t use even if u pay the premium is irritating
If it only got you on one ride at HS that was your choice. Saying "No availability after the first ride" is simply not true. Certain attractions may not have had availability or the times specific times you wanted. But there was plenty of availability at 11:00. Genie+ is not ideal but the levels of hyperbole on these boards are incredible.

You might want to read a bit of the history behind the Haunted Mansion.

It took many years, and even had different teams of Imagineers before it was completed.

Walt Disney never saw the attraction.

Haunted Mansion may now be 'perfect', but the Imagineers (and Walt) had competing visions for a very long time.

More recently, Rise of the Resistance & Flights of Passage (and even Smugglers Run) are not carnival knock-offs.

I can be critical of Disney and/or list some of the disappointments I have with some of the newer attractions, but it's still thematically better than Six Flags and Universal (that is not Harry Potter).

Frankly, that theming is what still draws me to Disney, but the crowds and Genie+ nonsense has me making other plans too.

We just got back. CM's were definitely AMAZING.... Over the top wonderful. We did have 2 that were having a bad day - one resolved, the other just walked away from. But overall, great CM's.

Contrast opinions - I was not big on Harmonious, but DW LOVED it and we both loved Rat.

Genie+.... one day was worth it, one was not.

If it only got you on one ride at HS that was your choice. Saying "No availability after the first ride" is simply not true. Certain attractions may not have had availability or the times specific times you wanted. But there was plenty of availability at 11:00. Genie+ is not ideal but the levels of hyperbole on these boards are incredible.
Not true. Star tours was the only available yesterday. U can only ride it once. Nothing else had availability. Trust me I tried. 1 ride at 10:45 then what 8 pm? I’m warning others. What exactly are u doing? Hyperbole???

All rides at HS are gone for the rest of the day except for shows…so you would maybe get 2 rides in unless you did shows for which genie plus is a waste. It’s just not made to function on high crowd days.

...to YOU. I have a huge emotional pull with Moana, am not alone, and I feel a certain not insignificant portion of guests have a similar pull and excitement to Coco. Every scene with Coco (especially the final ones) have me a weepy mess. I love and miss my grandma every day.

In the 90s it doesn't seem like there was a ton of anything happening... https://www.csus.edu/indiv/s/shawg/articles/facilities/disneyland_timeline.html Toontown and a lot of scraped projects and side hustles. The merchandise was always slam full of the movie du jour, but that's all I remember seeing too until they started putting serious money into new attractions at the parks. The lack of IP is constantly being partly blamed for DCA's lukewarm reception so while they didn't do it, that doesn't mean it was prudent.

...to YOU. I have a huge emotional pull with Moana, am not alone, and I feel a certain not insignificant portion of guests have a similar pull and excitement to Coco. Every scene with Coco (especially the final ones) have me a weepy mess. I love and miss my grandma every day.

In the 90s it doesn't seem like there was a ton of anything happening... https://www.csus.edu/indiv/s/shawg/articles/facilities/disneyland_timeline.html Toontown and a lot of scraped projects and side hustles. The merchandise was always slam full of the movie du jour, but that's all I remember seeing too until they started putting serious money into new attractions at the parks. The lack of IP is constantly being partly blamed for DCA's lukewarm reception so while they didn't do it, that doesn't mean it was prudent.

well I’m assuming my statement was relevant to me as I wrote it so thanks for the “…to YOU” statement that you made before then proceeding to make a pronouncement of what is important …to YOU; truly an odd choice of words.

I am sorry about your grandmothers loss, truly. Although she must have been an awesome grandma for you to be so emotional in her memory!:flower3:

well I’m assuming my statement was relevant to me as I wrote it so thanks for the “…to YOU” statement that you made before then proceeding to make a pronouncement of what is important …to YOU; truly an odd choice of words.

I am sorry about your grandmothers loss, truly. Although she must have been an awesome grandma for you to be so emotional in her memory!:flower3:

I see what you're saying, but the statement "They are too new to have that reverence to them[...]" doesn't make it sound like opinion is what I was getting at. :)

Hi! OP here.

This has truly been the worst of our 7 trips.

The amount of people outwardly complaining in the parks about Genie + is unreal.

There’s more magic @ Six Flags.

Ugh I'm so sorry to hear it... if you have time please add your voice to complaints at GS in the hopes something changes...

OP,
You had me so excited with the title of your thread! Lol! Oh, well. I was hoping for some better news than what you offered for my upcoming trip in two weeks. Sadly, it looks like the reports are pretty consistent (poor).
I was kind of a bait and switch :oops:!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter