I have absolutely no faith in using Waitlist

It is not based on existing inventory combined with members cancelling their reservations for waitlists to match

Quite surprising. If I understand correctly, this means that if the first night is available and someone cancels a reservations that covers nights 2-5 in my waitlist, the system will not match it.

Lucky me. I got my third night about an hour ago. Now I have all three nights at OKW in a studio for December. I think I checked the website at least three times today and didn't get it. I got it through the waitlist.

On an upcoming trip to GCV I was able to grab a night by checking the website for a night. I also got another night on a waitlist. In fact due to some confusion with my waitlist and points I actually rec’d a call from Member Services who wanted to make sure that there was no confusion. They could have easily just gone to the next person on the list, as they are not required to call. Over the years I have had success with waitlist as well as checking the website.

I am shocked, but I just had 5 nights at BCV come through for December. I made a backup reservation for OKW and waitlisted BCV and DRR. I called member services to have them add the instruction to cancel OKW if one of the waitlists came through and she said oh your Beach Club came through. I couldn’t believe it! I thought maybe DRR would come through if they declared more, but never thought I would get BCV. I was stalking all day for days and never saw availability. Thank you to whoever canceled that reservation!

I am shocked, but I just had 5 nights at BCV come through for December. I made a backup reservation for OKW and waitlisted BCV and DRR. I called member services to have them add the instruction to cancel OKW if one of the waitlists came through and she said oh your Beach Club came through. I couldn’t believe it! I thought maybe DRR would come through if they declared more, but never thought I would get BCV. I was stalking all day for days and never saw availability. Thank you to whoever canceled that reservation!

Wow that is amazing. Congrats. Very jealous!

It is only for one night, and I had BWV one bedroom and waitlisted and got BCV one bedroom. Waitlist and original booking began at three months out, waitlist came through at 6 weeks out. I am thrilled, since no extra points and have SAB!

I had a waitlist fail this morning. I had a WL for 2 nights...copper creek studio W/I shower. Logged in and check availability and it popped up. I checked my WL and it had not grabbed it. So I went to my reservation I had booked for those days and modified and to my surprise the room was still available. I booked it and canceled my W/L. This is the first time this happened to me, so was surprised and shocked.

This has happened to me more times than the waitlist has come through. Also last year I was looking for a studio at Jambo and out of nowhere- 7 straight nights in a club level studio. No kidding. I got the whole week. There’s no possible way nobody had that waitlisted. It was literally winning the DVC lottery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter