i have a silly question

auntie60

Earning My Ears
this is my question i just noticed our cabin { on the fantasy dec 12 2020 cruise} is an adjoining room. While i do not need this ,i was wondering if anyone else has had one and noticed more noise because of it. I dislike them in hotel rooms for that reason. thx for input.

we havent had noise be an issue with adjacent connecting rooms. I have heard kids running up and down the hallways many times though

I don’t think I ever had one. I don’t book them. What I read here is that people put a rolled up towel at the bottom of the door to block out the noise.

this is my question i just noticed our cabin { on the fantasy dec 12 2020 cruise} is an adjoining room. While i do not need this ,i was wondering if anyone else has had one and noticed more noise because of it. I dislike them in hotel rooms for that reason. thx for input.
The noise issue isn't so much the adjoining doors (two of them), but how noisy the neighbors are. The 2 doors are just as thick as the wall they are on, so sound isn't any worse because there are doors there instead of a wall.

Now, if you have neighbors that love to scream at each other, or kids that love a loud TV, there's going to be noise in any circumstance.

Last edited:
In 13 cruises, I think I’ve had one non-connecting room. That was the only time we ever heard our neighbor. Their way of communicating was shouting. Otherwise, we never heard anything.

The question is whether there are any rooms that appeal to you that are NOT connecting. Almost all of the DCL rooms have a matching pair, it seems. Rooms without one are rare, at least compared to other cruise lines.

Anyway, we always book connecting rooms and only leave one door closed. It's still quiet. That said, as PrincessShmoo said, if your neighbours are loud, you'll hear them no matter what.

Unfortunately I did have an annoying experience with loud adjoining room, but I think that was due to inconsiderate neighbors. It seemed like a large family group and they switched up cabins so all the teens were in the cabin next to me and would have loud dance parties and screaming matches (including on the verandah). But I think that was due to the people themselves, not necessarily due to the connecting door.

No problem with noise, but someone did stretch over the partition to be nosey! And it was adult!
No problem with noise, but some woman did stretch around the verandah partition twice to be nosey!! And we were not making any noise, just soaking fresh air. I did not like that level of rudeness.

We haven't had an issue with noise with a connecting room. As an added bonus to having the door there, the door "knob" can serve as an extra hook in the room. I hang damp bathing suits and cover ups there, especially if someone needs to shower and I have those things hanging in the tub at that time.

I've had a connecting room a few times and my neighbors have all been pretty quiet. I think those steel doors help cut out the noise.

Never had a problem. The connecting door, however held magnets much better than any other surface.

that was another thought i had MAGNETS.. i have a few with hooks will work great on that door. thank you!!!

that was another thought i had MAGNETS.. i have a few with hooks will work great on that door. thank you!!!
we always put a little magnetic dry erase board there so we can leave notes for others in our group as to where we are.

GREAT IDEA TOO!!
well, the wave phones are kind of a pain to drag around and if you are in the water or on a slide then you cant have them. Some in our party like to carry their phone around but they dont always see a notification of a text so we went old school. We just leave notes like "eating at cabanas on Port side @ 8:00 am" or "at second golden mickeys show" or "headed to aquaduct and its 1:30 now".

It just gives them a chance of finding us. :)

If you have ever been in a connecting cabin, you see how thin the walls are ... so it does NOT matter whether or not you have a connecting room or not ... the noise level is strictly dependent upon your neighbors ... on either side of you OR Across the hall - that seems to be the gathering spot for the "Loud Family" that has many rooms on the same floor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter