• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have a Question

Jotash said:
I'm new here and this section on DisAbilities made me want to join. Thank you so much for the ideas on ID's, especially the dog tag one on the shoelace! We're going in October with our then 5 year old who has PDD-NOS. I was wondering what to do to "label" him should he get away from us. I have his Kid ID card that I carry with me all the time that has his fingerprint on it, but the tag is a new one to me. Thank you all again. :flower:

When in Oct? We will be going in October as well, Oct 25-Nov 3. I just thought about getting the kids fingerprinted. We are going to get that done before we leave.

Talking Hands said:
Another thought is that he use his better hand as his dominate hand and the other one as the base. Most signs that require a second hand the non-dominate hand serves as a base for the sign and is pretty much stationary, or just duplicates the dominate hand. It doesn't matter which hand is used as the dominate. sometimes it is not even consistant although when I interpret I try to be consistant. When talking I may switch dominance depending on the situation and what else I am doing.

I think I'll go to the library tomorrow and get a book to try to teach him a few signs. We'll see how he does :confused3 . Thank you for the info.

I might have missed how old your child is, but I know our library used to have a videotape with signed Fairy Tales that was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter