• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have a question--can anyone answer this?

hollisterluva92

DIS Veteran
So today I was looking at bing maps and found some aerial views that I had a question about.
Here's the link: click on Birds eye view to see
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cid=224FBBB250847583!101
So
1.) anyone know what's going in spot 122?
2.) 103--what boats are these from?
3.) 87---why didn't they ever build the venetian resort? are they doing this soon.
4.) 92--anyone know what this is?
Thanks everyone!

Cool mapping!:thumbsup2

1.) #122 appears to be aerial boom lifts. Probably used to lift workers for construction projects and most certainly everynight to change lightbulbs, paint, repairs, decorating, etc.

2.) #103 area typically referred to as a 'bone yard' appears to have discards of numerous watercraft. Old style water sprites, replaced by searaycers at all the resorts, others as well. I remember seeeing photos of 20,000 leagues subs there when they first dismantled.

3.) Original master plan called for Venetian, but was never implimented. Last year I heard rumor of a Ventian style (high end deluxe) being built on the far side of Bay Lake

4.) #92 Don't know. But the legends guess of 'fireworks storage' is a good guess.

Should be the part of the new Fantasyland. It used to be 20,000 leagues. Someone had leaked the blueprints for the new Fantayland and I believe this was part of the renovation that is supposed to include 2 Dumbo Rides

I got an inside source....The Fireworks are stored behind splash mountain. So that looks like it would be correct!

So today I was looking at bing maps and found some aerial views that I had a question about.
Here's the link: click on Birds eye view to see
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cid=224FBBB250847583!101
So
1.) anyone know what's going in spot 122?
2.) 103--what boats are these from?
3.) 87---why didn't they ever build the venetian resort? are they doing this soon.
4.) 92--anyone know what this is?
Thanks everyone!

The area that was planned for the Venetian was deemed unsuitable for building. There is an article about it in this months Celebrations Magazine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter