I have a giant kid - can I go stroller-less?

At 5 my kids were done with the stroller. He'll probably be just fine, between meals, snack breaks, sitting on rides or in shows ... he'll get some rest.

We went to Disney when my sister was 5 and she didn't use a stroller. She was fine until about the 4th park day in a row before the whining and complaining got to be too much, but that was luckily our last day. We would first get to the parks around 11 or noon, but stay late/relatively late.

I took my son to Universal's Islands of Adventure when he was 5 with no stroller. We had lunch at CityWalk, then went to the park until about 7:30pm. You should be fine as long as you structure your day so you aren't walking all day and don't try to do parks day after day, no rest day.

My 6 year old is a tank. 50-ish inches and over 80 pounds. I'm renting a stroller for him. We can't possibly carry him so I'd rather have one and him not use it (much) than not have one at all. Having the stroller is at least a spot for us to store a bag and a place for drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter