I hate wearing tennis shoes . . . any ideas on supportive "flip flops?"

2prince'smom

Earning My Ears
I'm on the countdown for our trip . . . 20 days. I've started prepping what we are all going to wear and I realized that I really don't want to wear tennis shoes. I detest them; I only wear them when I run. I would really really prefer to wear an "open" shoe, but have found my feet get sweaty in Crocs.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a women's shoe that would resemble a flip flop, but would be cushioned/supportive?

I wear Keens in the park and they are supportive and breathable. I am not sure what type of Keen but they are the sandals the toe covered. They do make open toed sandals closer to what a flip flop is. The "dauntless" line would probably be what you want.

I've worn memory foam Adidas flip flops before in the parks and didn't have many problems at all, they're really comfortable and mold nicely to my feet! (I actually also wore them to prom underneath a floor-length dress, fun fact.) However, I wouldn't recommend wearing flip flops every day, as when I did so last year, it put a lot of strain on the nerves between my first two toes and caused discomfort as the week went on. I'd recommend a couple different pairs of sandals: maybe one flip flop and one sandal to be interchanged. I swapped back and forth with my mom's croc sandals (that look nothing like crocs) which helped a lot. This upcoming trip, I'm going with my Adidas flip-flops, my cushioned Skechers Bobs (cat-printed, of course, as I am a quirky little millennial), and a well-worn pair of Keds to switch between since my picky feet tend to flare up if I keep wearing the same shoes every day.

Skecher Rasta sandals are my very favorite ever! Super comfy and great arch support. I alternate between those and tennis shoes.

I just bought a pair of Chacos that I plan to wear in the parks next year when we go. They're super comfy so far.

I got some Tevas for our WDW trip and wore them every day. They're not the most attractive shoes ever, but have adjustable straps to keep them on properly and are completely open and breathable. I found them incredibly comfortable.

Uggg, I have been struggling with plantar fasciitis and living in supportive sneakers (Brooks) but also have found some comfort in Spenco flip flops.

On prior trips I would wear sneakers during the day but switch to Teva's at night.... there are some Clark flip flops that are pretty good too. Good thing I have no disney trip planned this year. :crutches:

I can't speak for all around support, but I only wear Cobain bounce to the parks now. My feet don't even ache at the end of the day... or the end of the week. They have been life changing as far as amusement park touring goes for me.

I wore Yellowbox flip flops daily on our last trip and will take the same for this one. The ones with thicker soles are like walking on air.

My podiatrist recommends Birkenstocks or Spenco. Spenco come in styles that look most like other flip flops. I have very high arches that have fallen some and need lots of support and find the Birks best for me. My daughter has heel pain induced by growing quickly and needs supportive inserts in her athletic shoes. The Spenco work well for her sandals.

Teva Tirra sandals are supportive and comfy in my experience! I got 2 different pairs of last-season colors on sale on the Teva website and Sierra Trading Post, but you can find them on a lot of other sites if you Google the name. I normally don't like ankle straps, but I don't mind these ones, and the footbed is very easy to clean and dries off quickly. I broke my foot in November, and the last few months I've been wearing my Tevas all day most days, even in the house. My feet feel better at the end of the day wearing these than they do when I've been wearing running shoes all day. I usually wear an 8 or 8.5 depending on the brand and I have fairly wide feet, and size 8 normal width fits perfectly.

Crocs flip-flops. I've always worn a Mary Jane style and decided to purchase a pair of Mickey Croc flip-flops at WDW our last trip. I love them more than the regular styles.

I did purchase a pair of Skechers flip flops with "yoga mat" cushion for our upcoming trip. I plan on rotating those with my Croc flip flops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter