I hate this time of year

My brother and SIL live in Escondido! Y'all have had it hot this year... usually he loves to call me about this time and tell me about how it's 72 degrees on his patio, lol.

Very cool, small world! It's definitely been a hot one this year. I don't think I'm going outside this weekend. We need personal climate-controlled hamster balls, someone get on that!

I remember the Christmas that we had to cut the air conditioning on in order to have a fire burning in the fireplace, but darnit! it was Christmas and we WERE going to have a fire. I do, however, like wearing shorts and flipflops in January. We always say we have four seasons here: summer, summer, summer and a few months when the windchill factor gets below 65.

I can empathize with you. I grew up in Virginia, which has 4 distinct seasons. I think Fall has to be the loveliest season with the blazing maples, apple cider, light sweaters and a little nip in the air during the mornings.

And then I moved to the Gulf Coast. Ugh. They have 2 seasons--hot, hot, hot, and January. No turtlenecks, sweaters, or corduroys. Winter jackets kept 10+ years and we handed down to younger siblings in nearly brand new condition. I can remember being in a living Nativity scene at my church when we were all dressed in shorts and sweating profusely under our shepherd & wise man costumes.

Thankfully, DH & I moved to north Georgia where we have 4 distinct seasons. I love everything about it and I will never live anywhere else, and definitely NOT the Gulf Coast! I feel your pain, OP. Just know that when y'all are swimming at New Years, we'll be cranking our heaters up to oven temps and shoveling snow off the driveway.

Not exactly feeling in the fall spirit just yet, as it is going to be like 100 degrees for the rest of the month. Yet my leaves are falling and I have acorns all over the place. :faint: I don't like 100 degrees but I like 40 degrees a lot less, so I'm good with it. Long summer > long winter.

It's not always THIS hot this time of year, but we definitely don't get the crisp sweater weather this early. We do get an autumn, it just comes really late. Like November.

I haven't had a Pumpkin Spice latte in a couple years because it's just been too hot, so yes, thank goodness for pumpkin spice frappuccinos. :thumbsup2

I remember the Christmas that we had to cut the air conditioning on in order to have a fire burning in the fireplace, but darnit! it was Christmas and we WERE going to have a fire. I do, however, like wearing shorts and flipflops in January. We always say we have four seasons here: summer, summer, summer and a few months when the windchill factor gets below 65.
They say we have Winter, Winter, Winter, and Road Construction. There's a kernel of truth to it :)

I wonder what people in Southern California think about these conversations...

They say we have Winter, Winter, Winter, and Road Construction. There's a kernel of truth to it :)

I wonder what people in Southern California think about these conversations...

We have winter.... but it's our own version of it. :) It does snow in the mountains an hour from us, but it's only a few inches and only lasts a few days. I have gloves and a scarf for DL, if it gets below 60 we're freezing. :)

It really is hard to pick out Halloween costumes when it's going to 80 that day, you can only be an Olympic swimmer for so many years in a row before people start to wonder.

We had a 40 degree windchill this morning in NE WI and will be getting frost before the week is done. Wanna trade?

ETA: Just checked, our windchill is still 41, actual air temp is 47.

Yikes.

Here in STL MO, it is a cloudy day with a temp of 61. Low 54 tonight and tomorrow high of 66.

Yes it is nice. My windows are open, I am decluttering my pantry/kitchen getting ready for fall baking and cooking. I go through it and throw out old stuff and get some fresh ingredients.

On the flipside it is going to be colder with snow and ice later which stinks. You won't have to deal with that mess. It is not fun.

I lived in TX for 3yrs and I have to say winter was great.

How can you hate this time of year? It's College Football time!!! Of course, I do live in a town with a major football program right across the street from my office, and where the band practices each afternoon behind our office.

Gotta love it.

RTR

OP, are you serious?? You're WANTING our stinking fall weather???!!

Sorry..

I guess everyone wants what they can't have.

I hate this time of year too. As soon as September hits our very short summer weather is over. Everyone seems to stay in their houses for the next 9 months. Finding boots and long pants that fit the kids is always a pain. Shorts and t-shirts are much more comfortable than "cozy" sweaters.

I would miss not having seasons, but what seems like only 10 weeks or so of nice weather is seriously depressing.

I'm with you. Come end of August, I go into serious depression and I don't come out of it again until June.

10 weeks is just too darn short for a gal that LOVES hot & sunny weather. :sad2:

As much as I LOOOOVE hot and humid weather - August in FL is my fave - I do love this time of year. It was 41 or so this morning here, our windows were all open and the house felt great.

Love the changing colors, the crispness. I will not take my shorts and capris out of rotation until closer to Thanksgiving, but I am ok with starting to wear sweatshirts and jeans once in a while!

OP, are you serious?? You're WANTING our stinking fall weather???!! I'm with you. Come end of August, I go into serious depression and I don't come out of it again until June. 10 weeks is just too darn short for a gal that LOVES hot & sunny weather. :sad2:
Um, do you have any plans to move? That's a long time to be depressed!

Another here who doesn't love this time of year. Fall signals the approaching winter, and I absolutely despise Winter. I get through the holidays in an OK state of mind, but come January... ugh.

I love green. I love sunshine on my shoulders (it makes me happy). I love summer clothes, sundresses and sandals. Heck, I even love mowing the lawn.

C'mon April!!!

At least there's a "cold" front coming in tonight and tomorrow! It's supposedly going to be in the 60's in the mornings :) I'll take that over 103 any day!

I am holding on to summer as long as I can!!!!!!! It was mid 80s today. I was floating in my friend's pool last weekend and they aren't closing the pool for another couple of weeks so as long as the sun is out, I'll probably be floating right through till the end of September.:thumbsup2
I love Fall but pretty much hate Winter. :sad2:

Another here who doesn't love this time of year. Fall signals the approaching winter, and I absolutely despise Winter. I get through the holidays in an OK state of mind, but come January... ugh.

I love green. I love sunshine on my shoulders (it makes me happy). I love summer clothes, sundresses and sandals. Heck, I even love mowing the lawn.

C'mon April!!!

What does green have to do with summer? :confused: Heck, the summer colors here in Austin are shades of yellow and brown. Summer is when you hear the crunch of dead grass under your shoes. Not bare feet, mind you, because you do NOT want to step into a mess of fire ants, or on grass burrs, or on some dried-out, broken-off weed stalks. Those are God's own caltrops.

Of course, when Fall finally shows up -- usually some time in mid November -- the leaves all turn color. Brown is a color isn't it? Green is something you see in the early Spring, and on that suspicious meat loaf in the back of the refrigerator.

But we're looking forward to a week where we don't break 90. That should happen sometime before the end of the month, I hope.

How can you hate this time of year? It's College Football time!!! Of course, I do live in a town with a major football program right across the street from my office, and where the band practices each afternoon behind our office. Gotta love it. RTR

Yammer jammer, yellow hammer! Lol. My bro is a prof there :)

What does green have to do with summer? :confused: Heck, the summer colors here in Austin are shades of yellow and brown. Summer is when you hear the crunch of dead grass under your shoes. Not bare feet, mind you, because you do NOT want to step into a mess of fire ants, or on grass burrs, or on some dried-out, broken-off weed stalks. Those are God's own caltrops.

Of course, when Fall finally shows up -- usually some time in mid November -- the leaves all turn color. Brown is a color isn't it? Green is something you see in the early Spring, and on that suspicious meat loaf in the back of the refrigerator.

But we're looking forward to a week where we don't break 90. That should happen sometime before the end of the month, I hope.

Spring and summer here brings all kinds of lush green (blue!) grass, the trees are all sorts of lovely shades of green and you can even smell green in the air. In the fall we get a few weeks of vibrant colors and then it's all brown and blah.

People see beauty in different things. I have a friend who is an artist who loves winter. Says you can see the "bones" of the Earth and it completely inspires him.

We just alternate tormenting each other over our differences in season preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter