I hate America and all that is stands for…

C

charlie,nj

...but I will gladly rat on one of my leaders and take your money so I can move my family to a nation that is much like yours.

No more living in caves for me…hey does Great Britain have any gogo bars? …the whiskey shots are on me!

………..

Sources: Egyptian gets $27 million for Mohammed's arrest tip

From Kelli Arena
CNN Justice Correspondent
Wednesday, March 12, 2003 Posted: 1:12 PM EST (1812 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An Egyptian radical will get $27 million as a reward for giving the United States information that led authorities to alleged September 11, 2001, mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, government sources said Wednesday.

The sources, confirming a story previously reported in a British paper and in Newsweek, said the unnamed Egyptian was captured during a raid in Quetta, Pakistan, last month. The Egyptian was described as an al Qaeda foot soldier.

Officials said he not only claimed the $25 million award that was being offered by the U.S. government for information that led to Mohammed's arrest, but also demanded $2 million more to help cover the costs of his family moving to Great Britain. He is being paid the money, the sources said.

www.cnn.com

;)

i guess the important thing is that we got mohammed.

I'll bet Great Britain is really happy about their new resident.

No, sounds like we are giving money to "one of them" so that he can give it to an organization that will fund terrorism against us...

So his family gets to move to Great Britain, while he's in jail?

Originally posted by LindaR
No, sounds like we are giving money to "one of them" so that he can give it to an organization that will fund terrorism against us...
Not likely. You can bet every penny this guy spends will be very closely monitored.

I hope they monitor him for a very LONG time!

I don't think the reward should apply to terrorists. That really makes me made that they would give him the money:(

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was the person who put together both the attacks on the US Cole and the 9/11 attacks, and even more then bin Laden the blood of those dead is on his hands. .

He was a big fish; bin Laden would be bigger from a public relations stand point, but as far as getting the person who has done the most to attack our country and disrupting future attacks, this was the guy. .

I don't like the fact either that we gave this guy that much money, and I sure would have told him to take a flying leap when he "demanded" more. . :mad:

But on the other hand there are more of the leaders still at large, and if we had slapped the guy in jail or reneged on the reward it would have certainly hurt any future chances of the lesser players helping us catch the main ones.

Hits me wrong too, but I understand it. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter