I Had a Craving Yesterday

I ADORE deep dish pizza but living here in south Jersey it’s unavailable unless someone can clue me in. We have one Uno’s that I’m aware of, but it’s about an hour’s drive from us.

I get Giordano's shipped. 4 for $104 or Lou Malnati's 2 for $67. If I can't take my road trip, which I have hankering for authentic Chicago dogs. They ship across the States, pizza not the dogs. Enjoy, they are filling!

I satisfied my craving last night. My DH was as happy as I was with dinner. My DD ate a bunch of the spinach pie, but said she didn't like the crust. WHAT!?! :scared:

My DS took one bite of a cold slice (the only one that was left by the time he came to the kitchen) and that was all he hate. He didn't like it.

These young 20 somethings... they just don't know what's good. lol

DH and I, though, were like little piggies gobbling it down.

Goldbelly often has Lou Malnati and Gino's East pizzas with free shipping. Works out to about $25-$30 per pizza.

I remember when I first move to NYC from Chicago - almost 20 years ago - we went to a pizza restaurant and out of habit asked for utensils. The waiter looked puzzled and afterwards asked where we were from, and when I told him "Chicago", he said "ah...that explains the fork and knife." It was my first foray into the pizza cultures in this country lol.

I actually prefer thin crust over deep dish (I moved to the right city for that), but I still love my deep dish. I am going to place an order tonight! Thank you for this thread!

I remember when I first move to NYC from Chicago - almost 20 years ago - we went to a pizza restaurant and out of habit asked for utensils. The waiter looked puzzled and afterwards asked where we were from, and when I told him "Chicago", he said "ah...that explains the fork and knife." It was my first foray into the pizza cultures in this country lol.

I actually prefer thin crust over deep dish (I moved to the right city for that), but I still love my deep dish. I am going to place an order tonight! Thank you for this thread!

You are the first Chicagoan I've seen say that!
Most of us prefer thin crust here, and usually tease that deep dish is only touted by tourists and transplants. :D

That said...I love a good Lou Malnati's pizza. Just ordered one the other night...mmmm.....

You are the first Chicagoan I've seen say that!
Most of us prefer thin crust here, and usually tease that deep dish is only touted by tourists and transplants. :D

That said...I love a good Lou Malnati's pizza. Just ordered one the other night...mmmm.....
Yes, agree, I think it's because we lived in between three downtown locations when I was growing up there. We didn't eat pizza often, but when we did, it was super easy to duck into those restaurants. I definitely like it now more than I did back then, as it is now a treat and "different".

Being from Chicago, I love an occasional deep dish from Giordanos or Lou's. HOWEVER, I prefer Chicago thin crust pizza every day and twice on Sundays. It is different from New York thin (which I also like.......I just love pizza). Here is a thin crust with sausage , green pepper, and mushrooms. This is my fave:

Pizza papa dels.jpg

I noticed Aldi’s had deep dish pizza this week. (Sorry if someone already mentioned it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter