I got my membership cards in the mail

loribell

DIS Veteran
Finally got my official membership cards in the mail last week. Papers said the deed was filed September 5th. I have been trying to plan a trip ever since we returned from our weekend trip to purchase in mid August. I'm beginning to think I am taking to many family members with me for this big trip. Just don't seem to be able to get them to make a decision on how long they want to stay. Does any body have any sugesstions on how to jump start them other then threatening to not let them go?

If I make reservations for part of the party then call back to make the rest of the ressies will I have much luck getting the rooms close together? We will be going in June 02 and taking 12 people.

Also, does any body know about the 2 bedrooms at VWL? How many of them are actually full 2 beds with the double queens instead of the queen and sofa bed? Can I specifically request the rooms with the 2 beds instead of the sofa bed and what is the likelyhood I will get it?

As for everything that is happening, I to feel that it is very important to go on with our lives and keep our economy going. If it weren't for my son playing football I would take my third trip of the year just to do my part. I am so glad that disney stock has started to rebound. I was so proud to hear of all the wonderful things they did for people that were stranded during the attack. It does my heart good to hear of all the wonderful things that were done around this wonderful country of ours.

Every one have a wonderful day! God Bless America!

loribell--when did you start your purchase? Thursday will be 4 weeks since they received my signed papers and cash, and I'm still anxiously waiting for something. What will I receive? The deed, membership cards, or what? Thanks!

BTW, glad it's you and not me trying to organize that many family members!:D It's all I can do to handle my 3 children and DH!!;) Good luck with your planning.

We signed our papers on August 15th in person. Since we did it in person we recieved most of our stuff at the time we signed. It included a bag, membership book, VWL pins and temporary membership cards. The only thing we received last week was our permanent cards. The letter said the deed itself would come in another 60 to 90 days. I hope you get your stuff soon. I was excited to get the permanent cards even though I already had temporary ones. Made it seem more official to me for some reason.

By the way how was your trip? I remeber reading your posts ahead of time. I agree with your post name, you're definately a brave mom. I wouldn't ever try Dsiney alone for even a day with three kidos.

My headache is going to be in the planning the ressies but I definately am not planning to try to get everyone to stay together during this trip except for a few meals. I'm not quite that crazy, yet!

Loribell, my hat's off to you for arranging such a large gathering. Some times I have trouble making it through a Sunday afternoon with my extended family ;)

We've never stayed at VWL, so I can't help you with the room configurations there, but there are several VWL veterans on this board who may be able to help.

I believe it's been posted that the rooms don't actually get assigned until 4-5 days before you arrive; some have suggested sending a fax to the resort about a week ahead of time requesting your preference.

Good luck, and I agree 100% with you, as do many, that you move on with your plannng and your lives. We have ressies the end of October and my DW, who doesn't like to fly anyway, started getting a bit apprehensive.

Well, I just bought tickets to MNSSHP, and she said "That seals it, we're going".:D

loribell--
I just got a letter in the mail from DVC stating that my deed was recorded on Sept, 19, and to expect to receive recorded documents in about 90 days. I also got my first bill!!:eek: My prorated annual dues statement. I want my cards too!! And how about those pins? Was that only because you did it onsite?

In regards to our trip back in May/June, it was great! I was a little anxious, but it turned out great, and will probably get better as they get older and I get more practice!!:D I don't know if I could ever claim that 14 nights at WDW with 3 children is not stressful, but it definitely allowed me more freedom. We just went at our own pace, and I did not feel the pull that you get when you find yourself between your kids, and other people in your travel party.

I'm optimistic that with joining DVC, it will be more relaxing, too. I plan on getting much better at slowing down on our vacations, and I'm looking forward to spending more time at the resort. I figure that since we now "own" part of a resort, we'll be obligated to spend plenty of time there!! ;)

Oh well, 249 days to go. I've got 14 nights reserved at VWL for June 2002 (4 in 1BR to accomodate DH while he's there, and the other 10 in a studio).

I don't know how many 2BR's have double beds, but I do know that we stayed in one using cash last March. It was on the second floor and faced the Mickey topiary by the covered walkway. I think when you make your ressie, you need to ask if there are any dedicated 2BR's available. Because we stayed on cash, the room we had may be available only for cash ressies, but since that was when there were still LOTS of rooms to be had at VWL, it may now be in the DVC inventory. Can't hurt to ask!

BraveMom3--The pins were in the Vacation Club bag that they gave us. They actually just fell out, otherwise we didn't know they were in there. I do believe you to will get the bag, it had our membership book and info in it. Sorry I can't help with how long it will take to get it. From the sounds of how sporadic the other mailings are there is no telling.

By the way, when are you going to be there in June? That's when we're going also. Looks like it will be the 9th thru the 21st at this point. Maybe we'll see each other there. How old are the kids? Mine are 18, 16, 10, and almost 3.

CRobin--most of it is not extended family, 4 of them are my kids with 2 of their friends. Other then that it's just mom, my neice & her husband & new baby. Fortunately 2 of the kids and their friends are old enough to go to the parks on their own with the Dsiney transportation-I'll only see them when they want money and at bed time!!

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I will definately ask about the dedicated 2 bedroom. Can't wait to get back to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter