• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I got it right the first time"

Sparx

DIS Veteran
Bon Jovi did.

Thats the name of an interview on right now. He's talking about marrying his highschoolsweetheart.

So what do you think? Could you marry the first person you were ever really in love with? I know people who go through a million relationships a year. So, at the highschool age, longterm or no?

Yes, I believe that one could get married to first person they were in love with. In my opinion, the first time you fall in love is the most true. Besides, I just like to believe in True Love and Love at First Sight. :p

I don't believe in love at first sight. Love doesn't work that way. Love is knowing the good, bad, and ugly of someone and still wanting to be with them because you're better for being with them. Its not what you can do for each other, its just knowing that person inside and out and still wanting to be with them. Thats love. That doesn't happen the first time you see someone.

I don't believe in love at first sight. Love doesn't work that way. Love is knowing the good, bad, and ugly of someone and still wanting to be with them because you're better for being with them. Its not what you can do for each other, its just knowing that person inside and out and still wanting to be with them. Thats love. That doesn't happen the first time you see someone.
That is true. I like to believe in it because it's romantic. :p

Very true. It happens sometimes though. This is a true story:

This guy is going up on an escalator (sp?) with one of his friends at a mall. The guy looks over and sees a woman going down on the escalator beside theirs. He jumps over the divider, ditching his friend ( :lmao: ), saying he just has to talk to the woman who just passed them. They are now married and have children.

While the real deep relationship takes time, it just takes a moment for the infatuation to be strong enough to start it.

Very true. It happens sometimes though. This is a true story:

This guy is going up on an escalator (sp?) with one of his friends at a mall. The guy looks over and sees a woman going down on the escalator beside theirs. He jumps over the divider, ditching his friend ( :lmao: ), saying he just has to talk to the woman who just passed them. They are now married and have children.

While the real deep relationship takes time, it just takes a moment for the infatuation to be strong enough to start it.

I've seen stuff like that happen. Thats infatuation. Infatuation, sure that happens on first sight. Thats what attracted me to my boyfriend. The "forbidden fruit" infatution syndrome. But I'm talking about real, honest, true love. I don't see that happen the first time you see someone.

I've seen stuff like that happen. Thats infatuation. Infatuation, sure that happens on first sight. Thats what attracted me to my boyfriend. The "forbidden fruit" infatution syndrome. But I'm talking about real, honest, true love. I don't see that happen the first time you see someone.
Forbidden fruit is the sweetest.

Honestly. I don't think I could. Not at highschool age. I have alot I want to do before I get married && I would probably always wonder what would have happened if I didn't.

Honestly. I don't think I could. Not at highschool age. I have alot I want to do before I get married && I would probably always wonder what would have happened if I didn't.

I disagree. I have a lot I want to do, but I believe that I can do that with the person I marry. I would always wonder what would happen if I did marry that first love.

I disagree. I have a lot I want to do, but I believe that I can do that with the person I marry. I would always wonder what would happen if I did marry that first love.

Yeah I know. Its just the career Im looking at would make marriage very difficult. And, I dont have a first love yet, so, maybe when I do my opinon will change :D

Bon Jovi did.

Thats the name of an interview on right now. He's talking about marrying his highschoolsweetheart.

So what do you think? Could you marry the first person you were ever really in love with? I know people who go through a million relationships a year. So, at the highschool age, longterm or no?

i dont know. if hes really sweet and nice and caring and easy to talk to about ANYTHING...i mean ANYTHING...and we've been together a while, sure, why not? because then if you didnt marry him, hed know all your secrets and your life, basically...lol. but i would if he is what i described above......

my aunt married her highschool sweetheart and he was killed in a car accident in april '04...1 week before their anniversary and 1 1/2 b4 my aunts b-day.....he was only 33.:guilty:

i dont know. if hes really sweet and nice and caring and easy to talk to about ANYTHING...i mean ANYTHING...and we've been together a while, sure, why not? because then if you didnt marry him, hed know all your secrets and your life, basically...lol. but i would if he is what i described above......

my aunt married her highschool sweetheart and he was killed in a car accident in april '04...1 week before their anniversary and 1 1/2 b4 my aunts b-day.....he was only 33.:guilty:
:hug:

I consider that a prerequisite for a relationship.

and I'm sorry about your uncle.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter