• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I got bitten....

mommy2cooper

Earning My Ears
BY the Disney BUG! Just went in April, and now we're planning trip number two. We are looking at early 2016 which feels like FOREVER!
I'm looking at resorts now deciding where we want to stay. I even considered renting DVC points. Not really sure what we want to do just yet but i'm just sitting back doing :yay: the happy dance.

Yep, welcome to the club of those of us suffering from Disneyitis! Fortunately, the treatments include linstening to Disnsy music, planning trips to Disney, and going to Dinsey. I wish you the best of luck in managing your condition. For more information on treatments for Disneyitis contact the Walt Disney Travel Company.

I feel similarly after our trip last May. However we don't have much of a date yet and it'll probably be in 2017 or 2018 before we get back. Have fun planning your trip. I like thinking about our trip that will probably be at least two years off.

Totally know the feeling,:goodvibes:goodvibes especially after our very first trip in 2010.

I was amazed, and after a month or so of being back home, couldn't wait to go back. We did four back to back years, and finally took last year off to do a family cruise (nonDisney) instead.

...but, we're planning to be back this year!!!:yay::cool1:

Good luck managing your condition. :) It's brutal.

Dan

Welcome to the Disney Addiction, unfortunately there is no cure other then trips to Disney as often as your finances will allow!

Our very first trip I dont count because it was a crazy whirlwind trip over thanksgiving holiday with my husbands family. I cant remember much about it! But when we took our first family trip with our kids I was HOOKED! I had to take a few years off but we are heading back this year :cool1: and I am preparing to buy DVC pixiedust:

I was bitten after our first family trip in September. When I went as an older kid I did not care for it and we didn't even use all the tickets my parents had bought. Now it's like I can't get back there soon enough and I am doing all I can to save to get back :) Hoping about a year :)

Our first trip was so wonderful..I think it was the day I took my then 5 yr old daughter to the castle for lunch then on to tomorrow land, and after doing a few rides we collapsed on a bench with Mickey bars. I know, doesn't sound special.....but something about that day really made me fall in love with the place. It's the combination of the joy of sharing it with my kids and the complete escape from reality. I started to cry when we left MK on our last day and I knew I was in trouble. :)

I'm pretty sure there is no cure for Disneyitis, the only thing to do is overplan your next trip, even though it may be a few years away. A couple of months after my solo trip to DL in late 2013 I was already plotting to get the family to WDW in early 2017. So I'm saving like crazy and doing a ton of research, as this is the first time our family has gone to WDW. And I do agree the treatment is very expensive, especially for those of use coming from the West Coast.

We went every other year or so when I was a kid, starting back in 78. For a while in my early twenties, Vegas became the place to go. When kids came around, we made the yearly pilgrimage from NY to FL. About 4 years ago, we moved to NC, and we now make three to four trips a year. We already have our January and July trips booked, and we will plan another long weekend or two during the year.

Who really needs a college fund anyway…

I am in the same boat. We took our "once in a lifetime" trip in 2013. You can see by my signature how that went. Now planning on trying to go at least every other year for the foreseeable future. Talking about Disneyland for our off year in 2016. No cure in sight.

There is NO cure for my family and our Disneyitis. It is very bad and I am afraid that there is not enough treatment in the world for it! :lmao:

Just went a month ago and now already planning a 2016 trip...wanted to go again in 2015, but DH said NO! lol

BY the Disney BUG! Just went in April, and now we're planning trip number two. We are looking at early 2016 which feels like FOREVER!
I'm looking at resorts now deciding where we want to stay. I even considered renting DVC points. Not really sure what we want to do just yet but i'm just sitting back doing :yay: the happy dance.

The truth though is that no trip will be quite as great as your first. The joy of all the experiences being new and not knowing enough yet to know what you are doing wrong or missing out on. Future trips will still be great, but you can't put that first trip experience back in a bottle.

Congrats:lmao::lmao:

I've got it too! We just came back from WDW in October and I got hubby to agree for us to go back Oct. 2016! Now to figure out where to stay.....:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter