I got a full size

Dana30

Earning My Ears
for 1/12-1/19/2003 for 111.95 and with tax it is 149.00.

I got it from Alamo.

Dana

How did you do this? Was there a special code? Was it Priceline?

I'm very curious, because I'm going shortly after you.

That's a great rate! I wonder if it all depends on when you are going.

I'm not going unitl Thanksgiving weekend and my rate is $188 plus tax so it's $235 for full size.

Of course, I'll keep checking till then hoping it will come down.

I'm using DC codes.

Thank you, Dana, it did help! I was able to get a full size for 8 days for $3 less than my previous reservation of a compact ($175 total with taxes and fees).

The trick is to click on the ad in the middle of Alamo's home page that advertises specials on compacts. (It gives you a link to Rate Code OG, Promo/Assoc Code 699307.) It says the special is for compacts, but ironically the price on compacts is at least $30 higher than the price for full-size or mid-size cars. This is by far the best deal I've seen, and it should be even nicer with Alamo in the terminal and operating like National.

FYI, this deal is good only through the end of February, and it must be booked by Saturday, January 11. So jump on it if you have a trip coming up soon.

and here is the deal:

Rates valid only at airport-serving locations. Offer not valid 12/15/02 through 12/28/02.
Offers valid through 2/10/03. Must book by 1/11/03.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to go through the end of February.

MiJo,
Try the code for you dates anyway. Sometimes it works. If it does work, make sure you print it out, they have to honor it.

I have Emerald Aisle at National for a week, including all taxes and other charges, full size, my choice for 143.66. This is for 2/01/03 - 02/08/03. I used the AARP code and the 15.00 coupon I found on the net.

Originally posted by MiJo

Unfortunately, it does not seem to go through the end of February. [/B]

My mistake, sorry! My eye was confused by the "12/28" that made me think February 28.

Now the urgency is even greater!

I must be when I am going, but I can't get any rental from any company at MCO with any combination of coupons or codes for less than $300 for 8 days. I want a standard or full size car.:(

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Originally posted by cindala
I must be when I am going, but I can't get any rental from any company at MCO with any combination of coupons or codes for less than $300 for 8 days. I want a standard or full size car.:(

I tried to figure out when you are going by your countdown clock and guessed it was July 3?

Anyway, I plugged in your dates with the Disney Club discount at Alamo (I don't know if you have the Disney Club??) and I came up with $202.09. I plugged in a week for the Full size but still even if you add another day, it came to $238.51.

See below:

Pickup: Orlando Intl Airport, FL (MCO)
Thursday, July 03, 2003 at 9:00 AM

Dropoff: Orlando Intl Airport, FL (MCO)
Thursday, July 10, 2003 at 9:00 AM

Base Rate - Fullsize (USD)
(1) Weekly Rate ($156.74/wk)................................... $156.74
Rate Code: XX Associate ID: XXXXXX

Guaranteed Base Rate
Unlimited Mileage

Subtotal...................................................................$156.74

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees
Concession Fee Recov Chrg (9.8%)...............................$15.66
Sales Tax (6.5%).......................................................$12.33
Fl Surcharge Waste Tire Battery Fee ($2.05/day).............$14.35
Vehicle License Recoupment Fee ($0.43/day)....................$3.01
Subtotal....................................................................$45.35

Calculate Estimated Total.............................................$202.09

fyi...I also did your dates with the Entertainment coupon of One Free Day and the grand total for 8 days was $285.

beattyfamily,

Yep, we are leaving July 3rd, and yes, I do have the DC. (And an AP, and EA, and I joined Quicksilver thru the small business section.)

I just checked Mousesavers, and saw the code. I must have missed it because I was looking at the AP information underneath it in red!:rolleyes:

I just went to the Alamo site, and plugged in the numbers, and low and behold, I came up with the rate of $238.52 for 8 days!!!:teeth: Thank you so much for letting me know!

Now the only thing is, I just signed up for Quicksilver today, and it takes 5 days for your membership number to come thru the email. But, because of all the added benefits, especially express pickup and return and no charge for additional drivers, I think I should wait to make a reservation with the Quicksilver #.

But, will I be able to? When I punched in the DC codes, it wouldn't take any other codes/coupons, like the corporate ID or Entertainment code. So will a Quicksilver reservation limit me to using the corporate ID #???

Thanks again for all your help, and sorry for all the questions?

By the way, how has anyone's experience been with Alamo? They are at the airport now correct????:):):)

But, will I be able to? When I punched in the DC codes, it wouldn't take any other codes/coupons, like the corporate ID or Entertainment code. So will a Quicksilver reservation limit me to using the corporate ID #???

Nope, you can punch in any rate code you want, but, make sure all the other boxes are empty, except if there is a coupon code that goes with the rate code.

I would double check on the additional drivers being free. When we use QS they always add a fee for additional drivers. The only exception is when I use BJ's codes.

There is a new code out for Alamo. Forgot the expiration date, but the code is US. Excellent rates.

Had a ressie with National for 1/17-1/26 full size with all taxes for 261.28. Just tried Alamo for a chance and couldn't reserve online problems with their computer. I called up direct and was offered a full size with all taxes for 242.20. I didn't use a code, I told the rep that her first quote using the rate code 2G wasn't very good and she went back into her system and beat her first price by an add. 15.00 .

Now the Alamo site is back up. I just went online and tried a couple of different codes and tried a combo from www.mousesavers.com . Using the Entertainment book- Rate code J1, ID#254495, and coupon code F8ZB; my new rate is 198.60 all taxes included. You'll need to have an entertainment book card when you go to pick up the car.

mark & sandra,
Just a FYI, if you use the "us" or "og" code, you will find that the rate drops to 198.59 ( a penny saved is a penny earned, LOL) and you don't need a coupon or card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter