I found this interesting!

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
I hope this would never happen to anyone. I had called FW yesterday about trying to find out which sites were closest to the canals. Anyway, the CM tells me that they can't guarantee any specific site because if someone was supposed to check out of the site to which you were assigned and they decide to stay, they will reassign you. This would mean that if the campground is full and you show up with a paid reservation, would you be out of luck? :mad: If I had a paid in full reservation and they wouldn't make the person who decided they didn't want to go leave, there would be some serious heck to pay!:bounce:

Absolutely not. You still have a campsite. What they mean is that they cannot guarantee a specific site number or location.

A few days before your arrive room assign. goes thru the resvs. and notes any special request. They take a look at what sites are available and assign sites. Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances they have to switch guest around before they check in.

So if you have a reservation for a preferred site you will be able to c/i to that type of site. But it may not be what your specific request was. The best thing to do is request a loop, such as the back of 1400 on the canal. CRO will tell you they cannot guarantee this but the FD will do their best to fulfill your request.
Hope this helps.

Just to put it into simplest terms, suppose there was a CG that had only 10 sites, and 8 were being used, sites 1 thru 8, with 9 and 10 empty.

The person in site #5 is suppose to check out on Saturday, the same day you are to arrive. He's in a 'nice' site. He likes it and asks to stay another night. Since the CG is not full, that's fine. But they don't move him to site 9 or 10 for the one extra night. Instead he stays there and you get #9 or # 10 when you check in.

Now, had all 10 sites been occupied, and you are coming in with your reservation, the person in site #5 would not be allowed to stay the extra night and would have to leave. You then would get site #5 when you checked in.

Hope that makes sense. Rest assured, your reservation is good.

Yep,
We have been in that boat. Asked to stay one more night and was told sorry we are sold out, you must leave today:(
Boy it's hard to leave and see ALL those empty sites. I don't know how many times we have been there and was told it was sold out and see empty sites everywhere. I guess there are always people who get delayed or just don't come and don't call to let them know they won't be there.

Yeah, it makes sense now! I plan to have the reservation all paid long before we leave and I would be fuming if we got there and were told "sorry, that guy didn't leave". I think I would be tempted to go over and move the camper myself!!:p I did call Disney Travel back and change my loop request. I do want to be next to the canal but not in the 300 pet loop. Then I got into this "argument" with this CM who insisted that 300 is not a pet loop!:rolleyes: I told her she had better call FW herself and ask! I have now asked for loop 100 or 200 on the canal side. Hopefully, this will work out! I put in the request to be near the water way back in March. Here's hoping!:D

Actually, I don't think they can kick people out if they refuse to leave. The nice people will ask if they can stay, and when told no, they'll pack up and go home. But there are people who just won't leave, and there's nothing a hotel or campground operator can do about it, since housing laws are very strict and include temporary housing options. But of course, the chances of having the campground actually be full because of that reason are incredibly slim. If it did happen, Disney would send you to one of their other resorts for no extra cost.

As a former CM at FW I can tell you that when guest overstay their welcome we would asked them to leave. If they werent at the site we would keep an eye on it all day until someone returned. If the guest had a problem with leaving then managers would be dispatched with security. It all depended on the guest. This was not a common occurance most guest leave on their designated day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter