I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

What fun pictures! I think I'd really love doing Festival of the Arts again - I've been really impressed with some of the things I've seen from this year's event. I went in 2018 but I feel like they've stepped things up... or I just wasn't paying much attention :confused3 :laughing:

That chalk art is really impressive. It kind of bums me out, though, to think that the artist put all that work into those pieces and they'll be washed away the first time it rains. :sad2:

I love the Stitch one!

That was probably the longest line we stood in- and none of us even got the sushi donut hahaha. But lots of people did!

The Stitch one was really cool!

It looks like the sushi donut was a very popular festival item!

Hi :wave: I just came across your trip report and must say congratulations on your engagement. How exciting to get engaged at Disney! I look forward to hearing all about how it happened.

So sorry you had an entire day of rain. I think most people are used to the normal shower in Disney, put your poncho on and lets go. Before you know it the sun is out but a whole day just brings you down.

I've never seen the Festival of Arts before. The pictures seem so cool. We tend to either go in February/March for Mardi Gras or May for the Flower and Garden Festival.

I look forward to hearing all about your engagement trip.

Hi there! Thanks for joining in! And thank you for the well wishes, it was super exciting!

Yeah, an entire day of rain was a bummer! Especially when it was cold too!

It was fun to be there while Festival of the Arts was going on. It's not a festival I would have ever planned a trip to specifically see but I am glad I got to experience and I would love to go again for it!

The sushi doughnut looks delicious. I love the photo ops at Arts, tons of fun.

The photo ops were really fun!

They are worth the wait!

Love this one!

I don't know why but I love this picture.

Totally worth the wait! I always regretted not meeting them when the first movie came out and they met in the old Animation building at DHS. Glad I finally got to see them!

You are not the first person to say they like that picture of us! I think we both just look very happy and it sums up our Epcot day pretty well!

I loved the chalk art for the festival!

Very cute picture of you guys in Japan!

It's so cool! I didn't expect to enjoy this festival as much as I did!

Thank you! :)

So nice to meet Caroline! She is great. :)

I meant to do this last week but the time just got away from me. It looks so fun!!

This is always a favourite!

She was wonderful!

It was a great meet, I hope you get to do it on a future trip!

I love the Gran Fiesta Tour tour!

That sushi donut looks delicious!!!

I didn't try any but Kyle says it was good and he knows his sushi!

I saw many pictures of the donut sushi and mostly good reviews!

The photo opportunities were a nice addition to Festival of the Arts!

It seemed to be a popular festival item!

I agree! I loved all the different props!

I love how you met the artist! How fun. It's very fun for an artist to meet a fan. I apologize for sharing this if it's weird (haha!), but I'm a writer and at a recent book signing a lady came in and looked at the books I was signing. She said she'd read all of those titles, and did I have anything new yet?

I was so awesomely surprised and happy.

Anyway, all that to say I know that artist was pleased to meet you :).

Also, I love the Festival of the Arts photo ops. They're so fun!

It was great to meet the artist! And I liked hearing your own personal story! It must be so nice to have people compliment you on your work!

The photo ops were great, it was nice stumbling upon them as we walked through WS.

What fun pictures! I think I'd really love doing Festival of the Arts again - I've been really impressed with some of the things I've seen from this year's event. I went in 2018 but I feel like they've stepped things up... or I just wasn't paying much attention :confused3 :laughing:

I definitely think they've expanded it and made it a much bigger deal since the first year! It was a lot of fun to experience!

That chalk art is really impressive. It kind of bums me out, though, to think that the artist put all that work into those pieces and they'll be washed away the first time it rains. :sad2:

I know, isn't that sad?? But from what I've seen, it looks like they were constantly changing the art so at least it's a way to see something new throughout the festival!

I am loving all the chalk art and special photo ops everyone is posting!! Festival fun :)

It was really fun to be there for the festival! Lots of things to look at!

January 28th- More World Showcase Fun!

After that we continued our walk around, stopping to look at whatever piqued our interest.

When we got to France I decided I needed to stop for the Frose! It was really tasty!

When we got to the UK, Kyle decided to stop for a beer.

When we completed our loop around we saw the paint by number mural, which was something I really wanted to do! We picked our colors and got to work!

After that we decided to head over and see if we could get into the 3:30 Animation Academy class. There were some people waiting but we had no problem getting in! Since it was the first class of the day, the animator went with the most classic character of all- Mickey!

Kyle's came out great, mine looks like he spent a little too much time at the food booths :rotfl2::rotfl2:

We then decided to go back to World Showcase to properly walk through the pavilions we so quickly walked through earlier. But first we used our Frozen Ever After FP! This was Kyle's first time on the ride and he said he enjoyed it.

I loved seeing these little hidden artworks scattered around!

Up next...the rest of our night in Epcot!

The little hidden artwork painted everywhere is so cute!! Yours is the first TR where I've seen that mentioned.

Cute pic on FEA! At least everyone in your boat looks like they're on a ride, not bored out of their minds on the subway or something LOL

I just came upon your trip report, and turns out that I was there the exact same dates as you, also staying at Pop, AND was at Epcot on the same day, LOL. I wonder if we ended up crossing paths. I was looking to see if I was in the background of any of your Epcot pictures but so far no, lol.

After that we decided to head over and see if we could get into the 3:30 Animation Academy class. There were some people waiting but we had no problem getting in! Since it was the first class of the day, the animator went with the most classic character of all- Mickey!

that is a good character to get!
Kyle's came out great, mine looks like he spent a little too much time at the food booths :rotfl2::rotfl2:
ha! now that you say that... it does!

From there we finally headed into World Showcase. There was some cool chalk art along the way.
I love that chalk art. It amazes me how talented some people are and they can create something like that.

I really miss this at Hollywood Studios. I keep hoping that when Galaxy's Edge opens, they will change Launch Bay back into an Animation building.
Your drawings are good, but does look a bit like a pre-trip/post-trip Mickey :p

Omg, they've revived the Animation Class for Festival of the Arts!!! As if this event wasn't already catered perfectly to me, they add this. I need to be there for the next one, FOR SURE.

The little hidden artwork painted everywhere is so cute!! Yours is the first TR where I've seen that mentioned.

Cute pic on FEA! At least everyone in your boat looks like they're on a ride, not bored out of their minds on the subway or something LOL

It was so cute, I wish I had found more! I know there was an Aristocats one but I never got the chance to see it!

We did have a fun boat! I guess everyone was expecting the photo!

I just came upon your trip report, and turns out that I was there the exact same dates as you, also staying at Pop, AND was at Epcot on the same day, LOL. I wonder if we ended up crossing paths. I was looking to see if I was in the background of any of your Epcot pictures but so far no, lol.

No way! How funny! That would be funny if you end up finding yourself in any of my photos!

that is a good character to get!

ha! now that you say that... it does!

Haha I don't take the class too seriously so as long as I had fun that's all I care about! :goodvibes

I love that chalk art. It amazes me how talented some people are and they can create something like that.

I really miss this at Hollywood Studios. I keep hoping that when Galaxy's Edge opens, they will change Launch Bay back into an Animation building.
Your drawings are good, but does look a bit like a pre-trip/post-trip Mickey :p

I agree! It was awesome to see!

I keep hoping that as well! Though I feel like it won't happen :(

Hahah I like that calling it pre & post trip Mickey :rotfl2:

Love all your world showcase photos!

Mmmm so good!!

Hahaha I think they both look great :)

Thank you!!

The frose was so good! I wanted to try the one in Germany too to see how it compared but never got to.

Aww thanks :goodvibes

Omg, they've revived the Animation Class for Festival of the Arts!!! As if this event wasn't already catered perfectly to me, they add this. I need to be there for the next one, FOR SURE.

YES! I was so excited for it! I will forever miss the Animation building at DHS!

I love that paint by number/pixel mural! Hubby would LOVE that. He's so OCD, it would be right up his alley :rotfl2:. I hope to go to all the Epcot festivals someday.

Yall's pictures are adorable! I would love to be able to go during the Festival of the Arts at some point--seems like such a fun festival!

I didn't know they had little hidden artwork throughout the WS; how cool!

Ahh, I love that German Mickey head prop for your PP pic! I gotta hunt that down in June..

Your description of the Mickey drawing made me laugh....still a million times better than anything I could draw so I was impressed.

Seems like you two got to spend a lot of time in WS exploring, which sounds like a lot of fun.

:rotfl: But still an admirable job!

This was Kyle's first time on the ride and he said he enjoyed it.
Judging from the picture... I think so, too! :laughing:

32500553947_c61825ef23.jpg
Oooh, I love it when you can get the monorail in the background! :thumbsup2

Great pictures throughout this update! :goodvibes

How fun to do the mural and the animation academy! I would definitely want to do those too if I were there for the festival. Such great pictures, I love all the little details you captured :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter