I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

What a fun first day! Love the choice in color for the ball you played with during mini-golf. One day I'm definitely going to play at one of those courses.

Yay for Kyle liking AKL! Maybe a possible Disneymoon vacation now, hmmm??

The little golf courses are actually pretty fun!! And a great way to start your trip! I'm surprised it was that busy!

Great plan to show DF AKL! I feel like thats the best way to get someone who isnt super into Disney to want to go back! Sell them everything they dont know about Disney! haha

That looks like a perfect end to your evening chillin out by the fire! So nice that it turned on! Its funny that they always seem to be on when its 90 degrees out and then not on when its chilly! haha

After about an hour we decided to head out for some mini golf! We opted for the Fantasia Gardens course.

Fun! I like Fantasia Gardens. It's a cute course, and a little tricky sometimes but not too challenging to be fun.

From there we ubered over to Animal Kingdom Lodge! I wanted Kyle to see it as I thought he would like it and sure enough I was right ;) He fell in love and vowed we would stay there one day! YES please!

Yay! Of course he did—AKL is beautiful! I smell a honeymoon trip in your future... :thumbsup2

And of course some Zebra Domes, pretty much the whole reason I wanted to go there in the first place!

Naturally! :goodvibes

We looked around the gift shop a little and Kyle bought a lanyard for his pins as well as this cute shirt!

I love this shirt! I actually have an oversized one that I got at AKL and wear to bed.

I've never been to any of the mini golf courses but it looks like so much fun!

AKL is beautiful, so that was a great choice! Glad your DF liked it! I hope you guys are able to stay there some time soon!

I love how you spent your first evening playing mini golf and what a great dinner at The Mara. Love me some zebra domes.

Sounds like a nice relaxing day! Just randomly the other day we were talking about zebras and my husband stops and goes “we forgot to get zebra domes!!” He was so sad and now says we have to go back like tomorrow.

What a fun first day! Love the choice in color for the ball you played with during mini-golf. One day I'm definitely going to play at one of those courses.

Yay for Kyle liking AKL! Maybe a possible Disneymoon vacation now, hmmm??

Thanks! It's definitely a fun activity, especially for something like an arrival day where you might not want to head to a park.

Hahah I would love that! We will see! ;)

The little golf courses are actually pretty fun!! And a great way to start your trip! I'm surprised it was that busy!

Great plan to show DF AKL! I feel like thats the best way to get someone who isnt super into Disney to want to go back! Sell them everything they dont know about Disney! haha

That looks like a perfect end to your evening chillin out by the fire! So nice that it turned on! Its funny that they always seem to be on when its 90 degrees out and then not on when its chilly! haha

It was a nice alternative to going into the park!

EXACTLY! He definitely warmed up to Disney a little more this time around :)

It was the perfect night for a fire so I'm surprised too that it wasn't just automatically on!

Fun! I like Fantasia Gardens. It's a cute course, and a little tricky sometimes but not too challenging to be fun.

Yay! Of course he did—AKL is beautiful! I smell a honeymoon trip in your future... :thumbsup2

Naturally! :goodvibes

I love this shirt! I actually have an oversized one that I got at AKL and wear to bed.

It was a great course! The perfect balance of fun but not toooo easy.

I knew AKL would draw him in- AK is his 2nd fave park! Hopefully we make it over there at some point!! ;)

Zebra domes are life!!

How funny! They had a cute rhino one that I wish I had gotten!

Mini golf looked like a lot of fun!

View attachment 383637

Sounds like it. Seems like some nice relaxing time at AKL to end it out.

:rotfl: Roz must have had her eye on us!!

I've never been to any of the mini golf courses but it looks like so much fun!

AKL is beautiful, so that was a great choice! Glad your DF liked it! I hope you guys are able to stay there some time soon!

It was a great time! Something to consider when Alex is older!

I love AKL so much! Now that Kyle has seen it in person I think we will definitely stay there one day!

Yeah to Mini-Golf! Sounded like a nice way to spend your travel day.

Woo Hoo!

It was a great activity for our arrival day!

I love how you spent your first evening playing mini golf and what a great dinner at The Mara. Love me some zebra domes.

It was a great night! Zebra domes are sooo soo good!

Sounds like a nice relaxing day! Just randomly the other day we were talking about zebras and my husband stops and goes “we forgot to get zebra domes!!” He was so sad and now says we have to go back like tomorrow.

Aww that is pretty tragic! But at least it's incentive to go back sooner than later!!

I loved the fire pits at AKL, I sat at the one inside many times.

Mini golf is something we have never done.

Yay, joining in!!

Who: Me & my fiance Kyle (formerly known as DBF!)

Eeeek, I saw the post on Instagram, but I can't wait to hear more details!

January 26th- Arrival Day

I'm a weirdo that loves travel day posts

46370843624_7203f7db43.jpg

That's a lovely view

I really liked them! I found there was a lot of space for the 2 of us.

The rooms are so nice and functional! Disney did a great job

The course moved fairly quickly except for some hold ups at a few holes. We were done in around an hour. It was a lot of fun! The course was well maintained and I found them to be just challenging enough! Kyle ended up beating me which was no surprise.

What a cute course! I've never been to the mini golf courses, so this was fun to see

Mini golf looked fun!

Yay, glad AKL was a winner! It would make for an amazing Disneymoon resort...just saying.:rolleyes1:laughing:

After about an hour we decided to head out for some mini golf! We opted for the Fantasia Gardens course.
I've always been curious to try on of the Disney mini golf courses, but never have. All the mini golf courses in Orlando are fairly well done, but of course I like the Disney touches. It would be fun to do one of them.

We sat at some rocking chairs around a fire pit that wasn't turned on and within a few minutes it magically went on! We don't know if it was automatic or someone was watching, but we made sure to shout out a thank you just in case!
I've never visited AKL and seen inside. I would love to get a look of that lobby!
Seems like Disney magic is everywhere, even with fire pits!

We just finished our first visit to WDW and since DH was really reluctant to go, I let him pick the resort. He chose AKL. And absolutely loved it. So did our son. The good news it is one big reason he's eager to go back. The bad news is I want to try a different resort each time and he wants to stick with AKL.

Joining in! Can't wait to read about your fairytale proposal!

My family really enjoys the Disney mini-golf, great choice for an arrival day activity.

Joining in...can’t wait to read along...congratulations...

Thank you! And thanks for coming over :)

I loved the fire pits at AKL, I sat at the one inside many times.

Mini golf is something we have never done.

So cozy and comfy!

If it's something you guys are into, I recommend it!

Yay, joining in!!

Eeeek, I saw the post on Instagram, but I can't wait to hear more details!

I'm a weirdo that loves travel day posts

That's a lovely view

The rooms are so nice and functional! Disney did a great job

What a cute course! I've never been to the mini golf courses, so this was fun to see

Yay glad to have you!!

Haha well I am glad you appreciate the travel days!!

Yes, functional is the way to describe it!! I was pleased!

It was such a fun course that wasn't overly Disney but had those cute little touches!

Mini golf looked fun!

Yay, glad AKL was a winner! It would make for an amazing Disneymoon resort...just saying.:rolleyes1:laughing:

It was a lot of fun!

Hahah oh it definitely would! I don't know if we will be Disneymooning but he definitely seems into the idea of trying to stay there at least some point in the future, which I'll take!!

What a cute picture! How nice that the fire went on, too :goodvibes

They look yummy! Believe it or not... I've never had them :sad2:

Sounds like a lovely and relaxing way to start your trip!

Thank you! It was a nice night!

Oh no well that's just something to add to your to do list!!

I've always been curious to try on of the Disney mini golf courses, but never have. All the mini golf courses in Orlando are fairly well done, but of course I like the Disney touches. It would be fun to do one of them.

I've never visited AKL and seen inside. I would love to get a look of that lobby!
Seems like Disney magic is everywhere, even with fire pits!

It was really fun! It was something I'd always wanted to do and since Kyle and I always mini golf anytime we take local beach vacations, I figured it was the perfect activity for us.

The lobby at AKL is spectacular! It's definitely worth a visit one day!

We just finished our first visit to WDW and since DH was really reluctant to go, I let him pick the resort. He chose AKL. And absolutely loved it. So did our son. The good news it is one big reason he's eager to go back. The bad news is I want to try a different resort each time and he wants to stick with AKL.

It's hard not to love AKL! Maybe you guys can do a split stay, that's a pretty good compromise I say!

Joining in! Can't wait to read about your fairytale proposal!

My family really enjoys the Disney mini-golf, great choice for an arrival day activity.

Thanks for joining in!! :)

I was happy we did it, and it was a great thing to do since we weren't going into a park.

Following along! :wave2: We've always meant to try out one of the mini golf courses, but we've actually never been to either of them so far :laughing:

Dropping in the follow along. I'll be starting mine sometime soon I hope. I am interested to see what y'all did with Sunday... that day was a doozy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter