I fell off the ice cream truck...13 days of DDP with pics!*UPDATE: COMPLETED!!*

I had the veggie burger, and let me say, BEST VEGGIE BURGER IN DISNEY!!! this was soooooo good! i devoured this burger!! I also had a cherry coke with my meal! This is not from a fountain..well im sure the coke is but they add in the cherry syrup - old fashioned way, yummy!

disney159.jpg

Vegetable Burger - Vegetable patty topped with cucumber planks, vine-ripened tomatoes, grilled red onions, peppery arugula, and pickle spear drizzled with balsamic vinegar served with a choice of cucumber salad or sweet potato fries $12.49

OMG...once again you prove to have impeccable taste. Thank you so much for this picture! I loooooove Sci-Fi (especially their shakes!) and I've been eying the veggie burger for when we're scheduled to eat there in October. I really like veggie burgers but they can be SO wildly different from one place to the next, your review puts me at ease! :worship: One question though, did you ask for the regular fries or do they no longer serve the sweet potato ones?

Also, your dessert party pictures look delicious, but I'm surprised to see a couple different items in your pics that weren't there when we were in January! I'm wondering if they're either new or if perhaps they make slight seasonal changes to the menu?

As for CHH....out of countless MK CS meals, we've only ever eaten there once. :confused3 It certainly gets a lot of love around here but our meal wasn't very successful. I'm thinking it might be because we both got fried meals though (the shrimp and the fish platter). The tuna and hummus sandwiches seem to get most of the rave reviews. If we ever try it again we'll have to give those a shot. But definitely not that lobster roll, ewwwwww!

Please tell us how you really feel about CHH's lobster roll!! :laughing: Sorry that it was not so great or in your words GROSS! :sad2: I'm in no danger of ordering that.

But the burgers at Sci-Fi - yummy! We had the burger with mushrooms and grilled onion and it was really wonderful.

I'm glad that you reviewed the dessert party - your selections are drool worthy! I'm pretty excited to have booked this for our upcoming trip. I'm trying to figure when we should have dinner to leave room for all those tempting goodies?? I figure we need at last a couple of hours between the two to really be able to dig in! ;)

Wow I also was the one to introduce my husband do Disney and my daughter at age two now she is six and we are hoping to score on the DVC threads for an excellent New Year's trip celebrating my husbands 30th and our 10 year anniversary!

See you around princess:

Your veggie burger at Sci-Fi looks delicious :)
We've never tried Coral Reef but your lunch there looked yummy, oh and the desserts at the dessert party look amazing :)
Great reviews as always

I must admit...I am a lobster snob. I mean no offense to anyone, but I love lobster and that CHH roll makes me want to cry.

hahaha :thumbsup2 i am totally okay with anyone who is a lobster snob!! Dan and I are thinking of taking a trip to MA in the fall so you will have to tell me some places to get the REAL DEAL!!!

. I really like veggie burgers but they can be SO wildly different from one place to the next, your review puts me at ease! :worship: One question though, did you ask for the regular fries or do they no longer serve the sweet potato ones?

but I'm surprised to see a couple different items in your pics that weren't there when we were in January! I'm wondering if they're either new or if perhaps they make slight seasonal changes to the menu?
the veggies burgers can be so different!!! it's crazy how in Disney they vary from place to place.. CONSISTENCY PEOPLE!!! HAHAH but really if they served the sci fi burger at all locations, im sure i would eat these every day lol! They do still serve the sweet potato fries! i requested regular! :goodvibes and concerning the dessert party, i think they are changing things up a bit.. with the ice cream and some new stuff, which is awesome!!! :cool1:

I'm pretty excited to have booked this for our upcoming trip. I'm trying to figure when we should have dinner to leave room for all those tempting goodies?? I figure we need at last a couple of hours between the two to really be able to dig in! ;)

yay! you will love it! but yea def have an earlier dinner that way there is plenty of room to stuff your face LOL!

Wow I also was the one to introduce my husband do Disney and my daughter at age two now she is six and we are hoping to score on the DVC threads for an excellent New Year's trip celebrating my husbands 30th and our 10 year anniversary!
:

aww congrats! 10 years, a birthday and a new years trip!!! so jelly!!!!! but that will be so much fun! we love Disney around the holidays! even in florida it seems so christmasy!!! hahaha

Your veggie burger at Sci-Fi looks delicious :)
We've never tried Coral Reef but your lunch there looked yummy, oh and the desserts at the dessert party look amazing :)
Great reviews as always

lunch at CR was soo yummy, if you can try it .. go for it!!! :yay:

I'm not a vegetarian but I still love veggie burgers! Now that I know Sci fi has great ones, I'd love to try it. See - that's why I love to read dining reviews, you learn something new every day! :thumbsup2 Mmm...the dessert party goodies looks fabulous!!

I'm going to be trying a new lobster roll place this week that someone on the DIS recommended. It's within walking distance of my office and it's gotten good reviews, so I will have to try it out - in the name of research, of course!

I am going to try that veggie burger next trip!!

Also want to try the dessert party. If you book the later time can you see Wishes from there?

Okay so I have two things to say:

First off...The carbonite freezing thing was not on LUKE SKYWALKER'S BODY...its HAN SOLO!!!! How are you married to me and not know this??? lol

Secondly, another little tip for the Dessert Party if you do it. If you want chocolate milk they don't have it...but they have regular milk....and i stumbled upon chocolate syrup for ice cream...so what did I cleverly do? mixed the 2 together for a wonderful, tasty drink :yay::yay::yay:

The guy by the ice cream looked at me weird and then said...hmmm..very interesting! LOL

First off...The carbonite freezing thing was not on LUKE SKYWALKER'S BODY...its HAN SOLO!!!! How are you married to me and not know this??? lol

Secondly, another little tip for the Dessert Party if you do it. If you want chocolate milk they don't have it...but they have regular milk....and i stumbled upon chocolate syrup for ice cream...so what did I cleverly do? mixed the 2 together for a wonderful, tasty drink :yay::yay::yay:

The guy by the ice cream looked at me weird and then said...hmmm..very interesting! LOL

han solo .. luke skywalkeR.. theyr all the same!!!! :confused3:rotfl:

Also want to try the dessert party. If you book the later time can you see Wishes from there?

Hijacking.

Check the threads about the Dessert Party. Despite the terminally confused ADR system, there is one and only one Dessert Party per night and it starts for everyone 1 hour before the fireworks, no matter what ADR time the system assigns you. The whole point of the party is to sit and munch goodies and have a great view of the Magic, Memories & You show and then Wishes. The only thing you can't see is the parade.

---now returning you to your regularly scheduled Dining Review.

Very much enjoying your reviews! So glad to see you enjoyed the Living with the Land tour. That is something I've always wanted to do.

How do I get those birthday windows things mentioned in your first posts?

D

i made the banner myself, cutting out a mickey head shape from an outline traced on cardstock, then i used my cricut machine to cut out the letters, which you could either cut out by hand, but at a craft store or paint on. i punched holes in each ear and tied together with ribbon! :thumbsup2

this ice cream truck adventure will be detouring for a few days as my computer attempted to crashhhhh :confused3 dan is working on fixing it so we will resume this review shortly! hopefully sooner than later!

Hi Marla,
Really enjoying your reviews!! I've had the Backlot Veggie sandwich with the marble cheesecake and it was delicious. I love all the veggie things mentioned that you've eaten. The only thing my DH and I didn't like that much was the Living with the Land tour. I thougt it was ok, and my DH was asking me if they were paying us to take it. It was just too hot in the greenhouse for him. I know most Disers love it. Thanks for taking your time to write your reviews! Can't wait for more. I hope your computer is fixed soon!
Joan

Lol -- Both of your posts got me laughing pretty hard. Oh how I remember the old days when stuff like this came up with my husband. I totally love the fact that he is watching you now--- no more Luke / Han mistakes. I would love to add that I would totally do the carbonite if I were to be in WDW when they have it. Makes me wonder what stuff like this will be available in the next 20-50 years. I can see it now a full size statue of grandma standing at her favorite spot in the kitchen -- the stove. Yep I can see it now -- " some one move grannie she is to clsoe to the hot burners"..

Any how following along

and loving it :)

Just got caught up with all your reviews! I have to say that I love your writing style. You are cracking me up! That picture of K. Stew almost made me spit my drink on the computer screen. :lmao:

So glad to read a positive review for Coral Reef! It's one of my favs, but it doesn't get much love here on the Dis. I have to try the lobster pasta! It looks fantastic!

Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Just got caught up! Great reviews....hope you can get your computer up and going soon! As for the difference between Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.......

HanSolo.jpg

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter