I feel like im not planning

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
WDW veterans going to Universal for the 1st time in 20 years and it feels weird to not have solid plans in place and touring plans in place. We are going 2nd week in January, so lines should be manageable. I'm glad to not be stressed over the vacation, but it almost seems weird.
Am I the only one who has this "problem" 🤔

You are not the only one to feel weird about it. It is a hard switch going from planning every second to just walking into the park lol. You are going at a great time so there is no need to worry, but if you wanted to do some planning then I would go to Undercover Tourist and take a look at their touring plans and maps just to familiarize yourself. If you are into Harry Potter there is a ton to do in those areas so maybe read up online about it all. But it is also okay to just wing it! That's the beauty of the dark side..........

The good news is that you may be able to take this more relaxed approach back with you to WDW. I know we have. Of course “more relaxed” is relative, but it has gotten better. ;-)

WDW veterans going to Universal for the 1st time in 20 years and it feels weird to not have solid plans in place and touring plans in place. We are going 2nd week in January, so lines should be manageable. I'm glad to not be stressed over the vacation, but it almost seems weird.
Isnt it a great feeling……
Shows how bad Disney really has become with planning and loss of spontaneity.

This is why I stopped going to Disney and only do Universal

I was sick and tired of planning every meal for every day months in advance
Then booking rides in advance.

I like to get up in the morning and just go wherever I feel like on the day

When I did Disney I liked to just go down and catch the first bus that showed up for an open park and then go from park to park - I often did all 4 parks in a day and all the major coasters with no planning. - Now you are lucky to do two parks and I need a reservation and I have to wait to park hop - no thanks.

Yep - as much as I don't like the excessive planning of Disney, I sometimes feel like I don't have anything to do to build anticipation for Universal. I make dining reservations as my 'planning' for Universal to help get excited and feel connected to the vacay. Going the second week of Jan you probably don't need reservations but you can always cancel them if you make them and change your mind. They send you a text the day of to either confirm or cancel so it's super easy.

We're going on our first ever Universal trip at the very end of April & I feel the same way.

Yep - as much as I don't like the excessive planning of Disney, I sometimes feel like I don't have anything to do to build anticipation for Universal. I make dining reservations as my 'planning' for Universal to help get excited and feel connected to the vacay. Going the second week of Jan you probably don't need reservations but you can always cancel them if you make them and change your mind. They send you a text the day of to either confirm or cancel so it's super easy.
I know what you are saying. You are used to all the planning, and I for one, liked the preplanning. That is before it got like it is now. It is not fun at all.
I am new to Universal too and I am having a lot of fun reading the trip reports. They are very informative with lots of beautiful pictures. The Trip report site on here is exceptional and has many dedicated people who will help you out. Hope this helps.

For lack of any other planning to do for our 3 day trip in May I planned the drive down including all stops and how long each stop can last. Found a Bu-cee's on the way that wasn't there the last time so my kids are pretty excited and our trip down will probably take an hour longer than it used to. That's okay. If he's out Bu-cee can be the first character meet an greet for our trip. 😂

We passed Bucees too and we're quite happy about it. The fountain sodas are amazing. The turkey sandwich with spice is really good.

There is a lot to discover about Universal.
As you enter past security many don’t notice the great Hollywood Miniature Golf (. So much fun with 2 different themes) and great Restaurants in CityWalk (great outdoor seating upper level for Cowfish Sushi with fantastic fries And hamburgers and Sushi. Donot miss VooDoo Donuts There is a gift shop to the left if you are veering towards Islands of Adventure that is full of authentic movie trivia on display !
When I enter The Studios side I must eat at the TODAY Cafe close to the new Bourne Stunt Show Spectacular.. Also plan to check out the Tribute Stores . Universal loves their memorabilia and uses it to refresh theming all the time .

Hope your trip is fun and not too cold or windy !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter