I-Drive Lyft/Uber to Disney Property

zpbarn01

Mouseketeer
Any advice for best value Uber/Lyft drop offs to Disney property? From what I can tell Disney Springs looks like the cheapest/ quickest drop off from I Drive (staying at La Quinta I-Drive North)

We've stayed off I-drive twice and just build the cost of a rental car into our plans.

But, if you're dead set on not doing that, then yes, Disney Springs is the closest Disney location, geographically. That said, I thought I ready somewhere that Disney Springs to Park buses don't start up until the afternoon? Why not pick POFQ as a better drop off, and use their buses to get to the parks?

Adults only trip to F+W in Oct. Planning on using "public" transportation instead of the usual rental car. Tips?

Any advice for best value Uber/Lyft drop offs to Disney property? From what I can tell Disney Springs looks like the cheapest/ quickest drop off from I Drive (staying at La Quinta I-Drive North)

We've stayed off I-drive twice and just build the cost of a rental car into our plans.

But, if you're dead set on not doing that, then yes, Disney Springs is the closest Disney location, geographically. That said, I thought I ready somewhere that Disney Springs to Park buses don't start up until the afternoon? Why not pick POFQ as a better drop off, and use their buses to get to the parks?

There are NO buses from Disney Springs to the parks. There is a one-way bus FROM parks to DS later in day to capture those folks for dining etc there. The only way to get parks from Disney Springs is to take a bus to a resort, then bus/walk to the parks. These buses would not begin until Disney Springs opens. This is a great loss of valuable park time.

OP, just make the parks your destination. The only one I would vary would be MK, have them drop you at the Contemporary Resort and walk over. When you leave, yes you can take the buses to Disney Springs and pick up a ride there and save some money.

There are NO buses from Disney Springs to the parks. There is a one-way bus FROM parks to DS later in day to capture those folks for dining etc there. The only way to get parks from Disney Springs is to take a bus to a resort, then bus/walk to the parks. These buses would not begin until Disney Springs opens. This is a great loss of valuable park time.

OP, just make the parks your destination. The only one I would vary would be MK, have them drop you at the Contemporary Resort and walk over. When you leave, yes you can take the buses to Disney Springs and pick up a ride there and save some money.

Thanks for the clarification!

Hopper is right. If you wanted to save a couple bucks the best option and cheapest for Drop off Would be Port Orleans or Disney Saratoga Springs, but your not saving much more than 2 to 3 dollars in non peak time than getting a ride to the Contemporary, DTC or Even Grand Floridian. IF you plan to be dropped off at one of the resorts, make sure you tell your driver you have breakfast reservations so Security will let them in and not try and charge them for parking. Honestly When I Uber around Disney and I do Prefer Uber over Lyft as there are more Uber Drivers on over Lyft Drivers I tend to get Dropped off a GF, both because I tend to stay there and also because I like being 1 Monorail stop from MK.

Thanks for all the feedback. I priced out some options on the Lyft app using my specific hotel location. You are saving, say, max $5 one way on a hotel drop off versus a drop off at Animal Kingdom, for example. I agree...better to just drop off at your destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter