I discovered another down fall to SBing

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
:( NOSTALGIA AND MELANCHOLY!!! I bought 2 new albums last week (Thank you Scrappy's!) to do dd7 and ds almost 6's first year albums. Last night I got out the boxes of pictures to sort through which ones to use. OH, but they were such perfect babies!! I should have had more!!!! WAH!:(
On the other hand I can't wait to get them done. I bought 12x12 albums with the pink and blue gingham covers. :)

I love those gingham albums, I am very tempted to buy one for my dds baby pictures.

I started to sort mine out last night (am also starting dd baby book) and am so disappointed in the quality of the photos we took - I thought I took 100's but there aren't that many and they are so bad - I really wish I had taken toes and fingers, and lovely close-ups, instead there's loads of me, looking terrible (I was ill when I was pregnant and retained a ton of water - I looked like a balloon for about 2 weeks after the birth) holding a tiny baby who you can hardly see.

Next time (fingers crossed there will be a next time) i will take different shots - and less of me looking awful!

Bev

Ditto to that. I was sorting through my kids pictures the other night ~ sigh, they grow so quickly and of course I thought I had more pictures than I really do. One day I'll get them done. The problem I've found with scrapping is that there are always too many pictures to scrap and I can't ever get caught up. I've been buying those pretty storage boxes to put my pictures in until I can get them in albums. I found that I had to do that because I have so many pictures and they were getting so unorganized and laying about all these different places. Now I'm trying to corral them in one place.

As for picture quality. I think scrapping does make you take better pictures. I think about the pictures a bit more before I take them so I have fewer duds :-)

We were not big photo takers when my children were growing up. One day, after seeing the stack of shoe boxes full of photos that my friend had taken of her children, my youngest son turned to me and asked "Didn't we do anything cute?" We laughed but I though that I would always remember how cute they were and the little things they did. Truth is, I don't. I remember milestones and some of the, unique special things, but the little day to day things are a blur.

When my Grandson came along I vowed I would not forget those cute chubby hands and tiny toes. I am very much an amateur photographer but I regularly have photo shoots with him for no reason. I have many shots where just his face takes up the entire photo.

Someone remarked at one of our last family gatherings that there is sure no lack of documentation for this child. You bet, and as long as I can, there will never be.

chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter