I can't take it anymore!!!!!

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
Ok, I know that I just had pixie dust back in December, but I am really suffering from withdrawal. I have asked Gabby for a trip to DL, WDW, or even a DCL trip for my 40th birthday late next year. She doesn't sound very motivated to make that happen.

Nothing against my honey, but her practical side can be quite a downer sometimes. My practical side can agree with her's sometimes and I do understand and agree that getting a new roof before we spring a leak would be a good idea. But, I just can't see why a 3 inch lift kit on a pickup truck is more exciting than a week at WDW, especially since Gabby only gets to drive her truck 2 days a week and it's back and forth to the airport usually.

So, tonight, I have hatched a plan to save money for at the least a budget week at WDW for my 40th, even if she does sometime weird like decide that the truck is more important. I just have to keep reminding her that Mickey has been around for more than 75 years and that her Ranger won't be. lol

I hate not knowing when my next pixie dust fix is coming. I have been in limbo for 2 months. I just couldn't take it anymore!

I WILL HAVE PIXIE DUST BY 12/07 OR ELSE!​

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Anyone here understand? Maggie

Awwww!! I completely understand.. I always have to start planning my next one when I get home.. I hope you get your way!! :thumbsup2

Kathy

Maggie, I think my answer might be a bit wrong becuase I don't have a clue what a "3 inch lift kit on a pickup truck" is. Blame it on being city folk, or on being a gay man, but I don't think I have ever seen those words put together before. But I say that doesn't matter, I have the perfect compromise! You get a budget trip and she gets to lift her truck only an inch and a half.

Good Luck!

Noah

True North said:
Maggie, I think my answer might be a bit wrong becuase I don't have a clue what a "3 inch lift kit on a pickup truck" is. Blame it on being city folk, or on being a gay man, but I don't think I have ever seen those words put together before. But I say that doesn't matter, I have the perfect compromise! You get a budget trip and she gets to lift her truck only an inch and a half.

Good Luck!

Noah
I too at first didn't understand.....honestly? First quick view all I saw was "a 3 inch lift kit", missed the truck part......I thought she was talking about some sort of "new wonderbra" or something......

Its gotta be a gay man thing....... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You girls confuse us so much! It's like when the gal at home depot starts to explain something to me and my eyes roll back in my head. Then she gives me the "martha" version and it all of a sudden makes sence! :rotfl:

Thank God for those gals at Home Depot, they "understand"......

AHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :rotfl2: You guys are toooo funny! I know what a 3 inch lift is, and I also know how expensive they are. I also wouldn't exactly call it practical lol. But I understand where you are coming from on needing a pixie dust fix. I don't know when we will be able to go again either, and it makes me sad. The main reason for us though is kids, school & money. Being that we have big new home projects, like a deck, landscaping, etc. Vacations are still important though. They are definately good for your health & sanity! Maybe try that angle! But if my DP saved money by budgeting and then approached me with a plan, I would be totally in support. Mainly just because she was able to save money without me noticing that we were missing any from the ol' checkbook! HAHAHA :teeth:

My lover is Palestinian. Since Palestine, as a country, no longer exists he had a passport from Saudi Arabia - a refugee passort.

He doesn't want to travel, again,internationally, until he can do so under a Canadian passport, to avoid problems. Also there may be some restriction on his travel rights, something about remaining in Canada for a certain time before he can qualify for his citizenship.

And finally, he doesn't like rides. Says they make him nauseous.

It may be 1-2 years before I can get back to the World, unless I go without him, which I don't want to do. I did go to Disneyland this past summer, I couldn't not go on the 50th anniversary. I stayed in Paradise Piers, in a concierge room, so the broadband access at least let us stay in touch.

Convincing him to go at all, will be an issue. Since he doesn't like rides and that's his perception that it's all thrill rides. He says he'd like to go, but doesn't really think he'll enjoy it.

Time will tell, but I think it will be a long time before I walk down Mainstreet again. And I'm bummed about that.

Guys - I'm with you, I had no idea what a 3 inch lift was (still don't really!) ... but I do understand the need to go to Disney!

Okay Maggie and Kim, you have to tell me what it is! I even looked it up online and I don't understand. The body of the truck will be 3 inches hire then the wheels? What good does that do? Help!

I vote that on your birthday you pack your bags, throw them in your extra high truck and drive. You will be able to see Disney that much sooner from your added hight!

True North said:
I vote that on your birthday you pack your bags, throw them in your extra high truck and drive. You will be able to see Disney that much sooner from your added hight!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Noah- you kill me.

And I agree with T&K- maybe if you start saving on the side for a budget trip, and have a plan, then it will probably be easier to convince her. I would set a date for the trip, soyou have a goal, and you can get an idea of about how much you need to save!! Good luck!

Make a plan and do your best to convince her it's in her best interest to keep you happy on your birthday! :teeth: My 55th is the day after your 40th, and I'm planning on doing MVMCP on the evening of the 7th; love to celebrate with you!!

NO automotive issue EVER trumps a Disney trip. DH is insisting that just because my stupid tires are down to the tread wear indicators that we MUST replace the tires when we get our tax refund. :( That's money that we could spend at DISNEY, for crying out loud!

Tell Gabby that no matter how much money she pours into that truck it is losing value every day so she needs to stop the insanity. Memories of Disney last a lifetime!

Or maybe you could just taunt her:
Gabby is a stick in the mud, Gabby is a stick in the mud! (Be sure to do that from a safe distance if she is IN the truck. ;) )

This is what I do when I need to save money.

I go to a local office building and grab one of those big water jugs that sit on the water cooler.

I take it home and place it in a closet.

When I pay for things I only pay with bills, I always put the change in my pocket, and when I get home I empty my pockets of change into the water jug.

You would be amazed at how quickly this adds up!

My local grocery store even has a machine that will sort all of the coins, and for a small 8% charge, they will give me cash for all of my coins after they are sorted and counted. This saves me the time it would take to count and roll all of the coins.

Good Luck!

Mike

OrlandoMike said:
This is what I do when I need to save money.

I go to a local office building and grab one of those big water jugs that sit on the water cooler.

OMG
pirate: pirate: pirate:
Mike has resorted to STEALING water cooler jugs to underwrite his trips to Disney!
pirate: pirate: pirate:

Listen Mike, maybe we can take up a collection for you? Help you overcome your evil ways.

Acknowledgment of the problem is the first step to a cure, I am glad you told us!

It gets worse than that! I work at the mouse house, so I actually steal the water jugs from Mickey to *gasp* visit another amusement park!

Yes it's true folks, Roller Coaster addictions are dangerous!

I also steal pickle buckets to grow tomatoes............

Bad CM Bad CM!

OrlandoMike said:
Bad CM Bad CM!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Mickey, you've been a very bad boy and deserve a spanking.....where do I find you at the Mouse House to administer your punishment?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Mister Disney, why do I get the feeling that you are not talking about a real "punishment"? And why do I get the feeling that Mike might enjoy it? :eek: Geez guys this is The DIS....:rotfl2:

Noah, it's not about practicality, unless you are planning on using the truck to go 4x4ing! Other than that, it looks cool! And it gives everyone else "truck" envy! :teeth:

Good thing Saxton was here, this thread was getting a little too sterotypical. All the gays don't have a clue, and the lesbians need to come and explain the truck stuff to us. It's good to know if I have questions that involve revolvers or trucks though, I know were to come! Thanks Kim! :teeth:

True North said:
Good thing Saxton was here, this thread was getting a little too sterotypical. All the gays don't have a clue, and the lesbians need to come and explain the truck stuff to us. It's good to know if I have questions that involve revolvers or trucks though, I know were to come! Thanks Kim! :teeth:

And I'm still clueless ... but I think it's one of those pickup trucks that are raised up really high. And yes, I am a lesbian! But if you guys want to talk about food, wine or broadway musicals I'm here for ya!

And Mike - cheating on the mouse?! How could you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter