I Can't See a Thing and Tiger Lady, Oh My! A Nov Mother & Daughter TR Update 5/7

Just joining in! It sounds like you both had a lovely trip. Mother-Daughter trips are so awesome!

I remember at one point I had glasses that transitioned from regular to sunglasses and they definitely caused some problems with bright light to dark. I look like I am wearing sunglasses in one school picture from years ago :lmao:

Looking forward to the best meal of your trip and reading more!

:welcome: Glad you joined in!

Mom did have problems through the week with her glasses. Peter Pan was another one she missed a bit of!

My Photo Pass CD finally came so here are the pictures from when we arrived at Epcot. I'm going to try to do the next installment sometime today but Photobucket is sloooowwwww so I don't know if I will get it done.

Not sure why but the photographer had us give a thumbs up:

When we left off, we were headed back towards World Showcase for our 2:00 pm lunch ADR. Where were we headed?

038.jpg

We got to the check in about 1:30 pm but the CM told me we were too early and to come back at 1:50 pm to check in. Since we didnt have a lot of time, we just walked up the steps to the Canada store to look around. I took a picture of the beautiful gardens:

039.jpg

And also this one of the Canada pavilion:

040.jpg

The Canada store had some nice Hockey shirts that I spent some time checking out. I was thinking about getting one for DH whos a big Hockey fan but decided to wait a bit before I bought one. We were coming back to Epcot on Thursday so I knew I could get one then. Mom loved all of the night shirts but she really wanted a Disney one so she didnt get anything either.

At about 1:45 we headed back to Le Cellier and checked in. They finally called us back around 2:15 which felt like forever because we were starving by that point. Really wish we would have stopped at MCO and got a snack!

There were several things on the menu I was looking forward to trying. The first thing I ordered was these babies:

photo2.jpg

I love Martinis and had really wanted to try the Martini Trio. Mom was so embarrassed because everyone in the restaurant looked when they were brought to our table due to the glowing one. That sucker was bright since its so dark in that restaurant! As you can see from this picture, they were not very big:

041.jpg

The next thing I was excited to try was the Pretzel bread. I was so hungry that I ate half of it before I remembered to take a picture. There were also other types of bread but I wasnt interested in them at all.

042.jpg

We talked about ordering a cup of the cheese soup to share but decided against it. I have some minor digestive issues and cheese is one of the foods I have to be careful with. Mom just wasnt feeling like soup that day. So what did we order?

We both got the Mushroom Filet. Mom got it just like on the menu with the mushroom risotto.

044.jpg

I had them hold the sauce and mushrooms and subbed for the cream cheese mashed potatoes (I am an extremely picky eater).

043.jpg

So I guess you want a review of the food, huh? The Pretzel bread was amazing. Im not sure that I actually tasted it I ate it so fast! Mom and I both agreed that the filets were the best steak either of us had ever eaten. They pretty much melted in your mouth. The mashed potatoes were very yummy and Mom loved her risotto. As for the Martinis, well, I loved the Raspberry one. It was sweet and just how I like Martinis. The Blue one (I think it was called a Glowtini) was good but much too sour for my taste. I could not drink the chocolate one at all because it tasted nothing like chocolate and everything like straight alcohol. Next time I will be ordering just the raspberry one! So, how about some dessert pictures?

Mom got the Maple Crème Brule:

045.jpg

And I got the Chocolate Moose:

046.jpg

The Chocolate Moose was too much for Mom and she turned to the table next to us and said I cant take her anywhere. She was a bit mortified with both the Moose and the glowing Martini in one meal.

Mom loved her Crème Brule. She thought it might be too sweet with the Maple but while it was sweeter that a normal Crème Brule, she still loved it. I really enjoyed my Chocolate Moose. The ears and tongue were some kind of weird cookie/chip hybrid and I only tasted them. But the Mousse part was delicious.

We both agreed that Le Cellier was a great meal. It turned out to be our favorite meal of the week and none of the others came close to measuring up to it. Im sad that it will be two meal credits next year. I dont know if we will make it back there in the future.

We rolled (literally we were so full) out of there around 3:00. The next stop was the Visa Picture Place in Innovations West. I was excited when I discovered that we could have a more private meet and great since I have a Disney Visa. I was hoping to get Mickey and Pluto as thats the only two characters we wanted to meet. We dont do a lot of Character meets.

On the way there, we stopped for a minute to listen to the gospel group that was singing for Christmas:

047.jpg

When we made it to Visa Place, there was no one around and we were lead right in. Only Mickey Mouse was there. I was sad not to see my Pluto but we were still excited to see Mickey and headed up for some hugs. Then we posed with Mickey and we barely got into place when the photographer said ok, Im done. I dont think we even got two minutes with Mickey. We were pretty disappointed by the whole process. They could have given us more time since there was no one in line waiting. I guess it was because we were two adults?

We headed out and over to Mouse Gears for a quick peek at the Dooney and Bourke purses. I was on a mission to find a Charms Letter Carrier Bag with Pluto on the front. They didnt even have the bag I was looking for so we moved on and looked around the store. I found a cute Pluto shirt and almost bought it but figured I would get it later in the week. We also stopped in the art store and drooled over the expensive stuff in there.

Once we were done drooling we headed to the photo store right next to SE to get our free photo from the Mickey meet and greet. The line was long and we ended up waiting almost 20 minutes only to discover that the photo guy had taken a grand total of 5 pictures. Two were of each of us hugging Mickey and then three of us with Mickey. We were so rushed through the pictures that Moms glasses were still dark. We picked the best of the three, got our free 5 x 7 and headed out. Here are the photos:

Overall we were extremely disappointed by the whole Visa picture experience. I guess I cant complain too much since it was free.

We started to head out as the plan was to hop to Hollywood Studios for the Osborne Lights but as we walked by SE I noticed that there was no line. So we hopped on. I tried to take pictures without flash but only this one came out:

050.jpg

I did get some good pictures of our future. Mom got a good laugh because her neck didnt fit on her cartoon body.

052.jpg

053.jpg

After that we headed out to the buses to hop to Hollywood Studios.

Up next: The Beautiful Osborne Lights

Never been to Le Cellier, but that food looks delicious!

That Visa Passholder picture experience sounds disappointing! I had more time at the Character Spot with a long line behind me, and met 3 characters.

Never been to Le Cellier, but that food looks delicious!

That Visa Passholder picture experience sounds disappointing! I had more time at the Character Spot with a long line behind me, and met 3 characters.

The food was delicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

We were so disappointed by the Visa Passholder picture. I had planned on going back a second time later in the week (you can do it once a day) but didn't bother. I almost got in line for the Character Spot the last day but the line was a bit too long and we had to get back to catch DME.

I responded to your update yesterday, I know I did... I wonder where it went????

Loved your update, and your meal looks so delicious.

That is such a bummer about your Visa passholder M&G... I was debating on getting the new Disney Visa check card for some of these benefits, but hmmm....

Loved all the pictures and I love that one of you and your mom - you can definately tell that you two are related. :)

D~

All caught up! I really enjoyed Le Cellier when we went there. And since you are on vacation, go ahead and order all of the silly things you want! It's too bad that you were disappointed by the Visa Passholder experience.

"I can't take her anywhere!" :rotfl2: I absolutely LOVE that you ordered the glowing drink and the Chocolate Moose! I am that way at Disney....I just let go of all inhibitions and be a kid again. It's Disney, HAVE FUN!!!! :earboy2:

I never got to try LeCellier. :sad1: Now that it is going to fully Signature, I am sure I never will get to try it. :sad: My consolation prize is that since we will be there for the Food & Wine Festival next year, I will be able to try the "famous" stuff: Cheese Soup and the Mushroom Filet. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see if you find your Pluto Dooney on this trip... :surfweb:

Oh that food looks so amazing.

I am going to have to starve myself before I visit Le Cellier so I have room for everything I want to try!

I responded to your update yesterday, I know I did... I wonder where it went????

Loved your update, and your meal looks so delicious.

That is such a bummer about your Visa passholder M&G... I was debating on getting the new Disney Visa check card for some of these benefits, but hmmm....

Loved all the pictures and I love that one of you and your mom - you can definately tell that you two are related. :)

D~

The meal was delicious!

Yeah, the M&G was a bummer. Everything I read about it said you would get at least 2 characters and more interaction time. Maybe they were just having an off day.

I am still glad I have the Disney Visa. I had $185 saved from using it for a year and was able to download it onto a Gift Card to use at the parks. It basically paid for my Dooney & Bourke purse. Also, you get access to discounts such as Free Dining a few days earlier than the public.

All caught up! I really enjoyed Le Cellier when we went there. And since you are on vacation, go ahead and order all of the silly things you want! It's too bad that you were disappointed by the Visa Passholder experience.

Le Cellier is one of my new favorites, that lunch was so good!

I definitely order what I want at Disney, Mom is just a little more reserved that me.

The Visa Passoholder experience was a big disappointment compared to everything I had read about it.

"I can't take her anywhere!" :rotfl2: I absolutely LOVE that you ordered the glowing drink and the Chocolate Moose! I am that way at Disney....I just let go of all inhibitions and be a kid again. It's Disney, HAVE FUN!!!! :earboy2:

I never got to try LeCellier. :sad1: Now that it is going to fully Signature, I am sure I never will get to try it. :sad: My consolation prize is that since we will be there for the Food & Wine Festival next year, I will be able to try the "famous" stuff: Cheese Soup and the Mushroom Filet. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see if you find your Pluto Dooney on this trip... :surfweb:

I do have lots of fun at Disney! Mom is just a little more reserved than me. She really was just kidding and I found it pretty funny. We ended up striking up a nice conversation with the couple next to us.

I too am bummed that it's going to a full Signature next year but will be getting that Mushroom Filet at Food & Wine!

I will tell you that I did get a D&B purse this trip. But you'll have to wait a bit to find out if I got the one I wanted. ;)

Oh that food looks so amazing.

I am going to have to starve myself before I visit Le Cellier so I have room for everything I want to try!

:welcome:

The food was wonderful! I think I've said that a few times. :rotfl: Mom and I were starving (I hadn't eaten anything since 6 am that morning) and we still waddled out of there we were so full.

Good morning Ariana! I just wanted to stop by to wish you and your DH a...

mickey-mouse-disney-christmas.jpg

D~

Merry Christmas! Am enjoying your mother-daughter trip report! I've never eaten at LeCellier but would love to on our next trip! (one problem tho is that 3/4 of our family is now vegan/vegetarian but I'm sure we could find something delicious to eat!). Great job getting your room so quickly and your room location changed :thumbsup2

Okay, I think I know what happened. You sent me a PM while we were on our trip and then I totally forgot to sign up. But I'm caught up now an dhere we go:

1) Love the empty plane
2) :thumbsup2 for early la:thumbsup2nding
3) Happy your ME left right away and you were checked in and in your room within 45 minutes
4) Too funny about your mom and entering the dark places with her glasses
5) Love the Epcot photopass pictures
6) That is really about the Visa photo shoot; I don't see why they couldn't spend a little more time with you since there was no line (we had one of those guys at Epcot when we saw a few of the Fab 5)
7) Glad you enjoyed your lunch at LeCellier (we had a bad meal there two years ago for dinner and I'm not sure I'm in a hurry to go back...especially after our meal at Yachtsman)

Okay, I feel better now that I'm here and caught up.

Hope you had a great Christmas.

Merry Christmas! Am enjoying your mother-daughter trip report! I've never eaten at LeCellier but would love to on our next trip! (one problem tho is that 3/4 of our family is now vegan/vegetarian but I'm sure we could find something delicious to eat!). Great job getting your room so quickly and your room location changed :thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad you joined in. I went to Disney in 2011 with a friend who is a vegetarian. She was very impressed by the choices that Disney had for her. I don't think you will have any problems finding something to eat anywhere. They are very accommodating to special diets.

Okay, I think I know what happened. You sent me a PM while we were on our trip and then I totally forgot to sign up. But I'm caught up now an dhere we go:

1) Love the empty plane
2) :thumbsup2 for early la:thumbsup2nding
3) Happy your ME left right away and you were checked in and in your room within 45 minutes
4) Too funny about your mom and entering the dark places with her glasses
5) Love the Epcot photopass pictures
6) That is really about the Visa photo shoot; I don't see why they couldn't spend a little more time with you since there was no line (we had one of those guys at Epcot when we saw a few of the Fab 5)
7) Glad you enjoyed your lunch at LeCellier (we had a bad meal there two years ago for dinner and I'm not sure I'm in a hurry to go back...especially after our meal at Yachtsman)

Okay, I feel better now that I'm here and caught up.

Hope you had a great Christmas.

No problem, glad you are here! :goodvibes I know when I was at Disney I wasn't worried about keeping up with threads on the DIS. I can't remember for sure if I sent you a PM so it might have been my fault. :confused3

That was one of the smoothest/fastest transitions from the airport to the room I've ever had. It sure made our day start out well.

I was so disappointed with the Visa meet. I feel bad because my cousin just got a Disney Visa and was looking forward to using it for a meet when we go in January 2014. Hopefully we will have more time then since there will be kids with us.

Bummer that you had a bad experience at Le Cellier. It was so good when Mom and I went. It's funny how that works, Mom and I had a bad experience at one of the restaurants that most people on the DIS rave about. I guess any restaurant can have a bad day.

Well, I was going to update today but I decided instead to go see the Hobbit for a second time since I'm off today.

I will update tomorrow since I will be back at work. :rotfl: Tomorrow and Friday should be very slow since a lot of people took those two days off.

Caught up! You have me so excited to leave in March! I did a mother daughter trip in 2008, We had a lot of fun but I wish we would of did the Dining plan for some more bonding/drinking time! :)

We headed out of Epcot about 4:45pm and found the Hollywood Studios bus stop. A bus came almost immediately but we ended up sitting for about 15 minutes while they changed drivers.

We arrived at HS about 5:15 pm and headed in. I took a picture of the Christmas tree as we walked by:

054.jpg

We were a bit early for the lights so we stopped for a few Photo pass photos:

I was kind of bummed that they had the stage setup in front of the hat blocking part of it in the pictures but it doesn't show up too much. Next, we went in a few stores so I could look for my Dooney purse. They still didnt have the purse I was looking for and I started to wonder if I was going to find it at all.

Mom was starting to get tired because she had company for Thanksgiving and had only gotten about 3 hours of sleep the night before. She wanted a cup of coffee to try to wake her up so I said lets go to the Writers Shop. I wasnt exactly sure where it was and when we passed the ABC Commissary, Mom said lets just go here. I agreed and we went in which was a bad idea as it took forever to get through the line. Mom got a coffee and I got milk. We used two snack credits which was definitely the worse use of the credits all week. I just wanted to make sure we used them up.

Once we finished it was finally dark so we headed towards the Osborne lights. We rounded the corner and there was the Writers Shop! We decided to go in for a minute and look around. Unfortunately we were both still stuffed from lunch so we didnt get a snack. I took this picture on my phone to send to my DH:

photo3.jpg

Ratatouille is his favorite Disney movie. I was supposed to buy him one of these little guys but totally forgot. We are planning on dressing as Colette and Linguini from the movie for MNSSHP next year and he wanted one to carry. Im going to have to try and find one on the internet now.

We headed out and into the Osborne Lights. On the way I told Mom the story behind the purple cat I wanted to find. No sooner had I told her then I turned my head and saw:

055.jpg

The purple cat! It wasnt hidden very well at all. A CM standing by it told us that there was also 65 (I think that was the number) hidden Mickeys, a Jack Skellington, a razorback pig and the lamp from A Christmas Story. We managed to find the razorback, the lamp and about 20 of the Hidden Mickeys as we walked through.

So what did we think of the Osborne Lights? They were absolutely beautiful! I took a lot of pictures but they dont come anywhere close to showing the true colors of the lights. Heres what I got:

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

Continued in next post

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

We also waited in line to get some Photo Pass pictures:

We probably spent about an hour walking through the lights. I know we saw the lights dance to four different songs which was spectacular.

On the way out, I took one more picture of the purple cat from the other side:

079.jpg

It was about 7 pm then and I was thinking about staying for the 8 pm Fantasmic but Mom was done. She was really tired since she had so little sleep the night before. Since we were coming back the next day, we headed out to the bus stop. There was a bus sitting at the stop and we got right on. We were back in our room by 7:30 pm. We unpacked a little and were in bed by 8:30. Mom fell right to sleep while I caught up on my journal. I was pretty tired myself and after listening to the fireworks from Illuminations I fell asleep too.

Up next: Back to Hollywood Studios

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter