I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

Holy crap!!! It's single digit day!
Yaayyyy!! So exciting!!!

Our Fantasmic! package has been changed to breakfast. I'll be honest. I didn't even know they offered that option.
Neither did I.

I was just playing around on MDE last week and somehow managed to find an ADR for 11 for the Fantasmic package at 8:15 am. So a breakfast before ropedrop it is!
That seems like a MUCH better option!

but in the end we went with Wilderness Lodge.
Still an awesome choice!

It will be nice to get to stay in AKL and then visit our old favorite, WL on the same trip.
I'm looking forward to seeing which one comes out on top!

party:

Our Fantasmic! package has been changed to breakfast. I'll be honest. I didn't even know they offered that option. We had secured a dinner at 3:30 and a lunch at 2:05. Neither is necessarily an ideal time with the kids so we kept looking for better times and trying to decide which of the 2 we had was our best option. I was just playing around on MDE last week and somehow managed to find an ADR for 11 for the Fantasmic package at 8:15 am. So a breakfast before ropedrop it is!
I had no idea that was an option either! H&V breakfast then? Must be.

So instead we basically split the difference cost wise and went with the old favorite, Wilderness Lodge for one night. We plan to be in MK the last day anyway, so we can go back and forth by boat as we see fit and make it a park day at a relaxed pace. We also decided to change our last day breakfast ADR from Ohana to Whispering Canyon. It will be nice to get to stay in AKL and then visit our old favorite, WL on the same trip. It should give us a nice comparison to see which one holds the top spot when this trip is through!
Sounds like a good plan to me! :thumbsup2

:banana::cool1:party::woohoo:

Our Fantasmic! package has been changed to breakfast. I'll be honest. I didn't even know they offered that option.

I didn't know that, either! Always fun to get in the park before rope drop.

It will be nice to get to stay in AKL and then visit our old favorite, WL on the same trip. It should give us a nice comparison to see which one holds the top spot when this trip is through!

I'll be interested to hear your opinion. Can't go wrong with either one.

:cool1: Single digit dance! Exciting! I'm sure you guys have hit that point where there's a million things to do and not enough time to get them accomplished. ::yes:: Just power through and before you know it you'll be at AKL.

While Poly is my second favorite deluxe, I completely understand why you made the switch to WL. And going back to an old favorite after so many days at a new resort will probably feel very welcoming.

Are the Disney Jr. characters at the Fantasmic breakfast? If so, then you really got an extra perk for switching the times. The kids can accomplish some meet and greets and you don't have to try and get them to eat at an awkward time. A win/win!

Officially single digits!! Yay!

I didn't know Fantasmic! breakfast package was a thing either. But it's pretty awesome that you got a pre-park ADR for the whole group.

Nice call switching to Wilderness Lodge. Saving money is always a good thing, and it's great that you'll still be so close to MK and can go back and forth during the day.

Ok, 10 days till check in, but we leave in 9.

Congratulations!

I was just playing around on MDE last week and somehow managed to find an ADR for 11 for the Fantasmic package at 8:15 am. So a breakfast before ropedrop it is!

That's great, but it sounds like a very long day!

Also, we decided not to stay in the Polynesian for our last night. We looked at staying in a moderate to save some money, or staying in an EPCOT resort to try something new, but in the end we went with Wilderness Lodge. Basically, it saves about $100 on our budget compared to what we had booked at the Poly.

I am so glad to have DVC, all this math and figuring out deals is tiring just reading about it!

We also decided to change our last day breakfast ADR from Ohana to Whispering Canyon. It will be nice to get to stay in AKL and then visit our old favorite, WL on the same trip. It should give us a nice comparison to see which one holds the top spot when this trip is through!

Sounds like a great plan! Make sure to steal the ketchup!

Ok, 10 days till check in, but we leave in 9.

So excited for y'all!! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Our Fantasmic! package has been changed to breakfast. I'll be honest. I didn't even know they offered that option. We had secured a dinner at 3:30 and a lunch at 2:05. Neither is necessarily an ideal time with the kids so we kept looking for better times and trying to decide which of the 2 we had was our best option. I was just playing around on MDE last week and somehow managed to find an ADR for 11 for the Fantasmic package at 8:15 am. So a breakfast before ropedrop it is!
Fantasmic in morning? As with you, I didn't know that was an option. I wonder if it's a different show because much of the show wouldn't be the same without it being dark.

Also, we decided not to stay in the Polynesian for our last night. We looked at staying in a moderate to save some money, or staying in an EPCOT resort to try something new, but in the end we went with Wilderness Lodge. Basically, it saves about $100 on our budget compared to what we had booked at the Poly. I would have liked to have gone moderate and saved a little more. I considered CBR, but my understanding is that the $75 gift card isn't a guarantee and I didn't want to deal with the construction if I wasn't certain to be getting it. They really aren't offering the rooms at any substantial discount aside from the gift cards they've given out so I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger.

We're doing CBR in Sep and we're supposed to get the $75 per night card(s). What do you mean by not a guarantee? To quote the princess bride (So MANY good lines from that movie), if I do not get the $75 card," I shall be quite put out"

So instead we basically split the difference cost wise and went with the old favorite, Wilderness Lodge for one night. We plan to be in MK the last day anyway, so we can go back and forth by boat as we see fit and make it a park day at a relaxed pace. We also decided to change our last day breakfast ADR from Ohana to Whispering Canyon. It will be nice to get to stay in AKL and then visit our old favorite, WL on the same trip. It should give us a nice comparison to see which one holds the top spot when this trip is through!
WL is still my favorite. Just stayed at AKL in February and although the lobby decorations and such are elaborate like WL, I prefer WL for options --- Transportation options, boat rentals, walking trails, closer proximity to more "stuff", etc. We enjoyed AKL and I hope y'all have a great time!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAA....?!?!

And now it's even fewer til launch!!

So super excited for you guys!

:banana::banana:

I didn't know that was an option either. Granted, I've never seriously considered a pre-RD brekkie, but sounds like it's a perfect option for your crew. That'll work a lot better with breaktime and the kids' schedule.

Also, we decided not to stay in the Polynesian for our last night. We looked at staying in a moderate to save some money, or staying in an EPCOT resort to try something new, but in the end we went with Wilderness Lodge. Basically, it saves about $100 on our budget compared to what we had booked at the Poly. I would have liked to have gone moderate and saved a little more. I considered CBR, but my understanding is that the $75 gift card isn't a guarantee and I didn't want to deal with the construction if I wasn't certain to be getting it. They really aren't offering the rooms at any substantial discount aside from the gift cards they've given out so I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger.

Totally get your logic in how you thought this out. Saving a bit seems like a good plan, and NOT going with CBR if the card wasn't a sure thing is totally a legit decision. I like the idea of staying side by side at those 2 resorts for that realtime comparison.

So instead we basically split the difference cost wise and went with the old favorite, Wilderness Lodge for one night.

:woohoo:

also decided to change our last day breakfast ADR from Ohana to Whispering Canyon.

Not a place I've tried yet. But sounds like a hoot with a big group with some good old fashioned fun. Enjoy!!!

Yeah, I love touringplans. I feel like they do a really good job of using all their data to come up with good estimates. I always like using the app to submit wait times to earn "badges" when I'm in the parks.

I haven't figured out the badges thingy yet but maybe on our trip in February. I'm excited I'll get 2 trips out of 1 subscription.

:dancer::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2:

More changes have happened...

Changes are good.

Our Fantasmic! package has been changed to breakfast. I

Good news, you can get in before the crowds and not have to eat at an odd time.

but in the end we went with Wilderness Lodge

Sounds great. I would love to stay there someday.

It's almost time for your trip. If I don't "see" you again "Happy & Safe Travels". I hope ya'll have a Magical trip.:wizard:

Goodness Andy, this is your week isn't it?!?! In case we don't hear from you before y'all head to the Kingdom I hope you guys have a safe and magical trip! :tinker::mickeyjum:donald::goofy:

Yaayyyy!! So exciting!!!
::yes::

Neither did I.
Seems to be the consensus... must be something they quietly introduced.

That seems like a MUCH better option!
Definitely.

Still an awesome choice!
Yeah, we love it. I'd love to try something new, but this works well.

I'm looking forward to seeing which one comes out on top!
Both of them... :rotfl:

I had no idea that was an option either! H&V breakfast then? Must be.
Yes.

Sounds like a good plan to me! :thumbsup2
It seems like it should work best for us!

I didn't know that, either! Always fun to get in the park before rope drop.

I'll be interested to hear your opinion. Can't go wrong with either one.
Well, I know I love WL, and I'm assuming I'll love AKL as well based on things I've heard. I can't wait to check it out in person!

:cool1: Single digit dance! Exciting! I'm sure you guys have hit that point where there's a million things to do and not enough time to get them accomplished. ::yes:: Just power through and before you know it you'll be at AKL.
No kidding... been a busy week.

While Poly is my second favorite deluxe, I completely understand why you made the switch to WL. And going back to an old favorite after so many days at a new resort will probably feel very welcoming.
I was excited to stay somewhere new, but this just makes a little more sense for us in this case.

Are the Disney Jr. characters at the Fantasmic breakfast? If so, then you really got an extra perk for switching the times. The kids can accomplish some meet and greets and you don't have to try and get them to eat at an awkward time. A win/win!
Yes!

Officially single digits!! Yay!
Leaving in about 34 hours now...

I didn't know Fantasmic! breakfast package was a thing either. But it's pretty awesome that you got a pre-park ADR for the whole group.
Yeah, I was surprised by it and it should work out great.

Nice call switching to Wilderness Lodge. Saving money is always a good thing, and it's great that you'll still be so close to MK and can go back and forth during the day.
::yes:: I kind of wish we'd be spending some more time there just for the convenience factor, but I think we're all excited about AKL.

Congratulations!
Thanks!

That's great, but it sounds like a very long day!
Aren't they all long days? It's Disney World in July.

I am so glad to have DVC, all this math and figuring out deals is tiring just reading about it!
:rotfl2::rotfl: It can certainly be a lot of work at times.

Sounds like a great plan! Make sure to steal the ketchup!
:rotfl: We love the restaurant, but DW isn't into all the chaos. We always try to keep a low profile and just observe.

So excited for y'all!! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
Thanks!

Fantasmic in morning? As with you, I didn't know that was an option. I wonder if it's a different show because much of the show wouldn't be the same without it being dark.
Well, the breakfast is in the morning. They just give us a pass to get into Fantasmic that evening... so same show as always.

We're doing CBR in Sep and we're supposed to get the $75 per night card(s). What do you mean by not a guarantee? To quote the princess bride (So MANY good lines from that movie), if I do not get the $75 card," I shall be quite put out"
Well, in my reading, it seemed that the $75 gift card may have only been offered for packages that were booked during a certain period of time. Anything booked later probably isn't getting one. Frankly, for $75 I'm willing to put up with construction, but if I'm paying the normal rate to stay there, it totally isn't worth it. If you know you're supposed to be getting one from when you booked your trip, I'd assume you're good to go and booked during the right window. I just wasn't able to confirm that we'd be able to get a card so I scrapped that plan for something else that was more logistically convenient anyway.

WL is still my favorite. Just stayed at AKL in February and although the lobby decorations and such are elaborate like WL, I prefer WL for options --- Transportation options, boat rentals, walking trails, closer proximity to more "stuff", etc. We enjoyed AKL and I hope y'all have a great time!!!
I feel like this will be my opinion as well, but we'll see!

WHAAAAAAAAAA....?!?!

And now it's even fewer til launch!!

So super excited for you guys!

:banana::banana:
I know... tomorrow evening!

I didn't know that was an option either. Granted, I've never seriously considered a pre-RD brekkie, but sounds like it's a perfect option for your crew. That'll work a lot better with breaktime and the kids' schedule.
It will be the perfect option if we can get everyone up and moving. That could be a challenge...

Totally get your logic in how you thought this out. Saving a bit seems like a good plan, and NOT going with CBR if the card wasn't a sure thing is totally a legit decision. I like the idea of staying side by side at those 2 resorts for that realtime comparison.
Yeah, it just works for us for a lot of reasons.

Not a place I've tried yet. But sounds like a hoot with a big group with some good old fashioned fun. Enjoy!!!
We've been there a few times... never for breakfast though. It will actually just be our group of 5 at that one. Everyone else will be gone by this point.

I haven't figured out the badges thingy yet but maybe on our trip in February. I'm excited I'll get 2 trips out of 1 subscription.
They really aren't any big deal. If you do the thing where you submit wait times, you might get a message saying you got a badge for submitting a wait during EMH, or a badge for submitting 5 waits times for Fantasyland attractions or something like that. Just kind of a fun scavenger hunt like challenge to encourage you to submit wait times.

Changes are good.
Well, usually.

Good news, you can get in before the crowds and not have to eat at an odd time.

Sounds great. I would love to stay there someday.
It's definitely a favorite of ours!

It's almost time for your trip. If I don't "see" you again "Happy & Safe Travels". I hope ya'll have a Magical trip.:wizard:
Thank you!

Goodness Andy, this is your week isn't it?!?! In case we don't hear from you before y'all head to the Kingdom I hope you guys have a safe and magical trip! :tinker::mickeyjum:donald::goofy:
Thanks! Just about a day and a half until we hit the road!

Leaving in about 34 hours now...

SO excited for y'all. Hoping (and figuring) you have a blast! Looking forward to seeing the TR. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Well, the breakfast is in the morning. They just give us a pass to get into Fantasmic that evening... so same show as always.
Ah, that makes sense. I thought it was a breakfast show and it just wasn't registering. :lmao:

It's almost time! We leave tomorrow evening!

I've made arrangements to be able to leave work at around noon tomorrow so I should be able to go home and sleep for about 5 hours or so before we head out. If all goes well, we should be arriving at AKL by around noon or 1 pm on Saturday. The plan is to spend a few hours around the resort and pool before our dinner at Chef Mickey and then we should be able to get to bed at a decent time to rest up for our first MK day.

I have someplace I have to be after work today and I want to basically sleep until it is time to leave tomorrow so I started playing luggage Tetris yesterday. This is all the stuff for the kids and me loaded up and ready to go.

I'm sure that by the time we get DW's bags loaded up and snacks and whatever else we have to throw in there I won't be able to see daylight through the pile o crap in the back.

She sent me a text this morning with a picture of a bag full of medical supplies and feeding tube supplies with a message saying she's packing a bag she hopes we won't have to use.

We're definitely learning we have to do a little extra planning ahead for the little guy's needs, but hopefully we can just tuck that bag in the car somewhere and leave it there.

Anyway, thank you all for following along. I doubt I'll be able to spend much time, if any, on here tomorrow. Please refrain from getting too carried away on your TR's until I get back. I don't want to come back in 2 weeks and feel totally defeated when I log into the Dis. I'll try to pop in and maybe share a picture or 2 here and there as I have time like I've done in the past, but I probably won't be doing too much typing or commenting with the phone.

It's almost here!

I've made arrangements to be able to leave work at around noon tomorrow so I should be able to go home and sleep for about 5 hours or so before we head out. If all goes well, we should be arriving at AKL by around noon or 1 pm on Saturday.

I'm continually amazed by your ability to sleep at any time of day and drive through the night. Sending good vibes your way for uninterrupted napping.

I have someplace I have to be after work today and I want to basically sleep until it is time to leave tomorrow so I started playing luggage Tetris yesterday. This is all the stuff for the kids and me loaded up and ready to go.

I'm sure that by the time we get DW's bags loaded up and snacks and whatever else we have to throw in there I won't be able to see daylight through the pile o crap in the back.

Impressive!

You don't need to be able to see to drive! You'll be fine!

We're definitely learning we have to do a little extra planning ahead for the little guy's needs, but hopefully we can just tuck that bag in the car somewhere and leave it there.

Here's hoping everything will go smoothly and you won't need to touch this bag, but definitely good that you're well-prepared.

Neither did I!

So instead we basically split the difference cost wise and went with the old favorite, Wilderness Lodge for one night.

Nice. Always wanted to stay there. Beautiful resort.

That came up fast!

I've made arrangements to be able to leave work at around noon tomorrow so I should be able to go home and sleep for about 5 hours or so before we head out

Good luck with the sleeping! I'm always too keyed up to sleep much beforehand.

I started playing luggage Tetris yesterday. This is all the stuff for the kids and me loaded up and ready to go.

I thought it'd just be one little carry-on. I mean... that should be enough, no?

No?

Who cares! Disney is in front of you. No need to see behind.

She sent me a text this morning with a picture of a bag full of medical supplies and feeding tube supplies with a message saying she's packing a bag she hopes we won't have to use.

Hope it just gathers dust... but better to have it and not need it.

Please refrain from getting too carried away on your TR's until I get back. I don't want to come back in 2 weeks and feel totally defeated when I log into the Dis.

Nope.
You can suffer just like the rest of us!

Have a great trip, Andy!!

Tetris skills are looking good. :thumbsup2 You still have plenty of room. Why don't you swing through Louisiana and pick me up?

Praying this stays put.

Wishing everyone Happy Trails! Please post is you can. I'm looking forward to your report when you get back. Take lots of pictures. Seriously!

Wow, that is very soon now! Safe travels, and may you not need the just-in-case bag!

(I also would not be able to sleep. Good luck with that plan!)

Yay!!! :banana; :banana:

If all goes well, we should be arriving at AKL by around noon or 1 pm on Saturday. The plan is to spend a few hours around the resort and pool before our dinner at Chef Mickey and then we should be able to get to bed at a decent time to rest up for our first MK day.

Sounds like a solid plan!

I won't be able to see daylight through the pile o crap in the back.

As Fran always says, "seeing out the back is not a necessity, that's what side mirrors are for!"

Better safe than sorry. I hope that you don't need that stuff.

Please refrain from getting too carried away on your TR's until I get back. I don't want to come back in 2 weeks and feel totally defeated when I log into the Dis.

I'll do my best, but with nothing to do but sit around and avoid the heat and everyone else on their trips, it gets a little boring around here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter