I can't believe it: all I get is a busy signal or a message to call back later for CP

Bete

DIS Veteran
I can't believe it's still busy at 8:30 am and I can't even get through for a reservation yet. I have more than one number to try and no luck yet.

This sounds like Disney didn't even put on extra manpower for the increase calling that would occur this morning for CP dining packages.

I decided to wait to call because I wasn't going to any high demand restaurant; so, I thought I would give those people a chance first.

If this is an indicator of how many people will be there for November or December I can understand why the discount codes haven't happened yet for that time of the year.

The year we went at Christmas, my 180 day window for ALL my dining was on the same day they released the CP packages! I was on the phone - on hold - for like 2 hours that day.

I tried for an hour from 7am EST - then 'got through' to be on hold for 30 minutes

But got through !!!! Coral Reef lunch and 5pm CLP here we come !!!!!

The CM I talked to when I got thru at 7:45am said that by 7:05am, they had over 500 people on hold! :scared1:

It's 11 am eastern on 7-26 and the phone lines aren't jammed anymore.

I made two CP meal package reservations: one for lunch and then one for dinner. I had to take third choice on dinner, but I still got a higher tier restaurant for it. I want to maximize my DP credits for the dinner one. I'll be doing OOP for the lunch one.

I even got a Fantasmic package on the same phone call.

All the hard ressies are done.

I called about :05 am and redialed over 50 times before I finally got through and was told the wait would be at least 45 minutes. 58 minutes later I scored our cp for the date and restaurant we wanted!

The year we went at Christmas, my 180 day window for ALL my dining was on the same day they released the CP packages! I was on the phone - on hold - for like 2 hours that day.

Oh, I was feeling for the people who's window opened today while I was on hold this morning!

I called yesterday at 10AM CST and was only on hold for about 5 minutes. I was able to get the day, restaurant and time I wanted as well. Unfortunately, I still don't know who the presenter is - it's listed as TBA. We'll miss NPH by 1 day - drat!

I think unless you're trying to get in on Christmas Eve or Christmas, it's ok if you don't call right away. You just have to have backup restaurants, times or days if you can't get your first choice.

Damn! its always like that they got huge organisationnal issues they just wanna make more money without offering enough options....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter