I can't believe I am typing this....

cinderella_bella

Mouseketeer
We are going to disneyland. Last time we went was in 1997. we have been to Disneyworld in 1995 and 2000. I am so excited that it is the 50th too. We now have 4 kids and need some advice in the hotel department. We obviously need a suite of some sort. In orlando we stayed at a holiday inn and family suite that was great. An awesome breakfast and really good room. Is there something similar near Disneyland? Any help is appreciated. Also I REALLY want to do a character meal doesn't matter which meal to me. Which one is really the best.

Tania

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites on South Walnut. We also have 4 kids, all boys.LOL It's not as nice as other Holiday Inn's we've stayed at but clean. They have a restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner(no lunch) Kids eat free with paying adult. The breakfast menu was pretty good. But the dinner menu for adults was pretty limited. But my boys liked it because they got applesauce and an ice cream treat with their kids dinner. (Be warned that even though milk is free with the kid's meal if you order it as chocolate milk they charge you $2 a glass! When my DH asked about this, they said it was because they had to stir in the chocolate. :rotfl: The pool is a basic pool. It's a bit of a walk, but we used ART(we only had to pay $3 per adult for the day the kids were free) It dropped us right off by the front esplanade. Now this December we have reservations at Comfort Suites. We got a really good rate. If you have any other ? about the Holiday Inn I can try to answer them. :goodvibes

The best character breakfast is Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. There are also character breakfasts at DGCH and PP. The one at DGCH I wasn't impressed with, and they've recently changed the one at PP from Minnie to Lilo & Stitch. We haven't done that one yet. There is also a character breakfast inside Disneyland, which they are now having Princesses at, if you are interested in that. It used to be Winnie the Pooh and it was pretty good and convenient because it's right at the park. Again, I haven't tried the new theme yet. Goofy's Kitchen, though, has the best entertainment with characters (not just coming to tables-get up and dance, etc...) and the food is decent. They actually do breakfast, lunch and dinner at Goofy's with characters.

If you're staying offsite, I would choose a hotel across from the pedestrian entrance, within walking distance of the resort. Then you won't have to worry about shuttles. I've done the Best Western Parkplace Inn, which is the closest one. They are just mini suites, though-just a room with a half wall divider with 2 beds and sofa bed, fridge & micro. I've heard good stuff about the Desert Inn Suites, which are actual suites, and just down a little from the Best Western. :)

cinderella_bella, We have stayed at the Desert Inn & Suites and really enjoyed it. Rooms have fridge & mics. The breakfast is simple, but provides milk, juice, coffee, fruit, pastry and toast. So you can add cereal and it works. The big draw is how close it is. We are going in Nov. of this year and decided to try Park Vue Inn on the advice of a customer who was just there. It is a couple steps closer with all the same stuff but online reservations were about $10 bucks a nite cheaper so we figured why not.

Kimmer from SK.

kimmer_e7 said:
cinderella_bella, We have stayed at the Desert Inn & Suites and really enjoyed it. Rooms have fridge & mics. The breakfast is simple, but provides milk, juice, coffee, fruit, pastry and toast. So you can add cereal and it works. The big draw is how close it is. We are going in Nov. of this year and decided to try Park Vue Inn on the advice of a customer who was just there. It is a couple steps closer with all the same stuff but online reservations were about $10 bucks a nite cheaper so we figured why not.

Kimmer from SK.
Glad to hear more good things about the Desert Inn. We're booked there for December, and I've heard good about them. We got a two bedroom/two bathroom suite, and it sounds great - microwave, frig, and no trying to get four adults (and a three year old) ready with only one bath, LOL. Plus it has an indoor pool. I've seen where it is, and it's only one hotel away from the crosswalk to the main entrances to Disneyland and CA Adventure. :earboy2:

Unless things have changed dramaticlly since we were last there, I would not hesitate to stay there again. My only complaint was housekeeping is SLOW!!! Since we have young kids we would often return in early afternoon to rest and more often than not our room would not be done yet. We just had to adjust schedule our schedule a bit. I hope you have a great trip!!!

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove the last time I was there (I only had 2 kids then but will have 3 this time). I liked it. It's a bit further but I believe I get free parking with my AAA passes, so we'll just drive.

We just went yesterday to the Grill at PP, it was the Lilo & Stitch Aloha Breakfast and it was really good! We also did Goofy's kitchen on the first day of our arrival, last Tuesday and I really wasn't impressed with the food. There are more characters there, and it is more expensive - $70 for DH & me since our DD is under 2 she was free. The breakfast at the grill was really good. I really liked the food and it was $55 for our family instead. My sister did tell me though, if you are a member of AAA, then there is a 10% discount, and every penny counts for us when we are at Disneyland! Have fun!

We have 4 kids and stayed at Embassy Suites Buena Park. They have a free dedicated shuttle and I also wanted to hit Knotts, so that is why I chose Buena Park. It was only a 15 minute ride to the park and they will drop you off by the DL Hotel if you want to go to a character meal. The free breakfast was DELUXE and the room had a nice size freezer as well as fridge and micro. The shuttle will take you to the grocery as well. The sofabed was pretty bad, but they gave us a foam mattress topper which helped, and the kids ended up sleeping there, so problem solved. The staff was sooooo nice there, we had a really nice time. We paid 130/nt for a poolside room.

If you don't want to drive I would suggest researching using the thread on this board about good neighbor hotels. I have heard good things about carousel inn and suites whick is directley across the street form DL. I booked this hotel for January myself.

I called to reserve for the princess breakfast and was told they no longer have it, but they have the princess lunch instead in paradise pier at california adventure park. :confused3

Has anyone gone to that one yet? Just one more month to go, yay

I just booked our family of 7 (5 girls) at the Best Western Raffles Inn and Suites. It's down Harbor Blvd. so not really walking distance, but I got their family suite for $119 a night. We'll have to do the shuttle with 2 strollers. I could not find a suite across the street for the same price. Desert was like $178/night! I may keep checking and if I can find a better deal I'll change.

My family and I are staying at the bw raffles inn in Oct. We got a good deal for the kids suite. $100.00 a night. Is it to far to walk to DL? Is there a shuttle? How do we catch it? What is the fee?

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites. It's right next to Embassy Suites Garden Grove. We chose to drive & park since we have young kids and didn't want to worry about shuttle pick up times. It was just a few min. away. The breakfast was great, and beds were comfy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. And it's right next to Bucca di Beppo, a really yummy Italian restaurant!

Go to rideart dot org (sorry, I can't post URLs) and all the info is there. It apparantly stops right in front of BW RAffles and is $3.00 for a daily pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter