I cannot log in

A

AnnaSab

The message boards will not let me log in. I keep trying over and over. I have tried also to have the password sent to my e-mail address and get nothing. Nothing in spam folder either. I am getting email notifications but cannot post/reply. Help. Can I post my username here?

Are you using AOL? I know that some AOL users are having trouble logging on.

If so, minimize AOL. Then open Internet Explorer. Clear your IE by clicking on TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS, then DELETE COOKIES.

Can you log on then?

Feel free to post your username here. Then we can check to be sure there are no problems in your user profile. :)

I had the same problem... I sent e-mails to webmaster and finally got it fixed. Thank goodness, I didn't know what to do without my DISboards!!!

:wave2: princess:

I have deleted cookies - nothing.

I have e-mailed webmaster and received reply about how I/someone tried to log in five times and a link to website to retrieve password. I do everything but receiving nothing in e-mail. But I don't think it's password. I have tried to re-register with different username and will not let me. Username is AnnaS. Nothing in spam folder either. Like I said - I do receive e-mail notifications to old threads that I had replied to. Thanks.

I'm having trouble too. Maybe its because of the new format of the boards. Maybe all the kinks haven't been worked out yet. If you notice there are hardly no green dots saying people are logged on.

Hi...I am actually registered user "bellacam". I have not been able to login on either AOL or IE. My password keeps coming up incorrect. When I get an email reply with an address to change it and try to do so, I get this message:
vBulletin Message
The address that you have used to request a new password is not valid. Please request a new address be sent to you by using this form.

Please Help...

I guess I am not the only one. Kinda of frustrating. Can we call an 800 number? Why can't you mail us the password? If password is correct (which I think it is) - why is it not working? If we can get e-mail notifications and your e-mail to link us on how to get password (which is not working), can you email it to my other screen name? Can you link us to our original registration page? I don't know - should we wait since we keep hitting a wall?
Thanks again guys.

AnnaSab said:
I guess I am not the only one. Kinda of frustrating. Can we call an 800 number?
Sorry, it's not like we're sitting in a central office somewhere. We're just regular users, at our various homes or (yikes!) real jobs... logging on and helping when we can.

Why can't you mail us the password?
We can't mail you the password, because WE can't see the password either. :)The system will only email the password to the email address you have on file.

If password is correct (which I think it is) - why is it not working?
If it's correct, it should be working.

If we can get e-mail notifications and your e-mail to link us on how to get password (which is not working), can you email it to my other screen name?
We can't send a password to a username other than the one it belongs to. For security reasons, you must have access to the email account assigned to a username to receive the password. And you must have the password if you want to change the email address. Otherwise, there would be no way to verify that a user is really the owner of a given account...

Can you link us to our original registration page?
We can have the original activation email resent to you. But if you are having trouble receiving our automated emails, you probably won't receive it.

The email issue is a little tricky. You are probably able to receive the individual emails we're sending, or even the post notification emails. Yet AOL tends to block the automated messages- the activation email and the emails that send user passwords out.

I don't know - should we wait since we keep hitting a wall?
Thanks again guys.
:confused3 We'll get through this. Thanks for hanging in there while we all try to figure it out.

:) Kathy

Kathy

Thanks for helping everyone out...I expect you have been rushed off your feet since the board change :)

I appreciate all of the help you give me here on the Welcome Board :)

Kx

My user name on the boards is kupperman. I'm registered on yahoo to recieve email so AOL is not a problem for me. Glad you guys are trying to help us.

I'm finally logged in but I had to use the numerical password given to me by email at yahoo. When I tried to change the password to my old one, it wouldn't let me do it. So for now I will continue to use the numerical password. I'll try to change it later. Also if you notice my posts don't have the "report bad post icon". Don't know if that matters or not.

Hello again, yes it's me - sorry - patience. Can you explain to me (someone not too computer literate) how I go about setting up an email with yahoo? Perhaps I can try this or just sit down for a few days.

Thanks again.
KathyTX - thanks for explaining to me how and where you guys are helping from - :)

Ok...

I FINALLY got an e-mail with an activation code and now I get the following message when I try to register...I have tried at my computer at home and now I am trying from my computer at work and still getting no where...Late last night I sent an e-mail to one of the administrators and have not gotten a response...

"We could not activate your account because this web address is not valid. Make sure that you have the entire address from the email, and that your email client has not split the address over several lines.

Please try again with the full address from the email that you received. If it still does not work, try filling in the activation form:
Activation form

If you do not know your activation code, you can find it in the email that was sent to you when you first registered. To have it sent again, please click here:
Send new email with activation code.

If all else fails, email the administrator, making sure that you include your registered email address and username."

I have followed all of the instructions and links and it is still not working...Now what??

Please advise.

Thanks!!

Aisleleven,

It looks like you are completely logged in and working now... correct? (I hope???)

Hmmm...

I can post in this forum...but when I go to post in the Resorts Forum it tells me I may not post replies or new threads...

???

I have cleared my cookies and deleted everything in my temporary files folder. Then I tried to complete my registration using Internet Explorer and I am still getting the "invalid web address" screen.

I am running out of ideas and options and I am starting to lose patience...

Please advise.

Thank you.

KathyTX

Thank you. Thank you. Boy we must all keep you hopping right now.

I had also previously tried to get an e-mail with yahoo and kept getting error 999 - I don't know if it was me or them.

I could not post on the tech board either.

But now - thanks to Kathy - I am also ready and ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter