I can’t believe these high school seniors would do something this dumb

Kids are already emotionally on edge. This act was highly malicious. This isn't a dumb or stupid teenage prank, this goes beyond that with the failure to recognized what's right and what's wrong. The lack of personal accountability and responsibility. Silly string falls under stupid, this does not. I think they all need some community service. Let them walk, yet hold them accountable and make them do community service for their actions.

2 days after a school shooting and you think this was hilarious? Really
There have been many prank tv shows that scare the hell out of the victim and the audience and participants laugh up a storm.

But how many days after a school shooting is ok? What would Mrs Manners say?

There have been many prank tv shows that scare the hell out of the victim and the audience and participants laugh up a storm.

There is nothing amusing about a school shooting, what’s next, dead baby jokes?

Intentionally recreating a school shooting will never be ok. That these kids weren’t killed is a miracle. Who knows what trauma they caused for the people in the school. I cannot imagine the fear and terror they struck into the school body

This was not as prank. This was sick

Someone got 2nd degree burns and they have to think about if they can walk at graduation? Seriously? Even if their brains could not register the fake school shooting aspect, they have to know that fireworks can be dangerous inside a building.

And about the super soakers not looking realistic. As PP already pointed out, some squirt guns do look realistic. Also, some real guns are made to look more like toy guns (neon colors, cartoon characters, etc.)

Each year my Secondary School I graduated from has a Senior Prank and ours was to fill the school Administrators car up with foam peanuts and the outside of his car cover with posted notes with messages from each class member of our Senior class. Never did it cross our minds to do something like the prank these kids pulled. My administrator thought ours to be funny and that is what a Senor Class prank is suppose to be. This went way beyond that.

I actually know someone who teaches at this high school. Wow! I'm going to have to get the story from her.

Someone up thread takled about the kids being lucky they weren't shot, and that was my first thought too. I'm sure school resource officers around the country are on edge these days, so huge kudos to the ones at Bowie for correctly appraising the situation and not turning this stupidity into tragedy.

Ah, my Alma Mater (Class of '82). I am so proud (sarcasm)

As someone that graduated from a school nearby, I guess my first thought is, well it is Bowie.

:duck:

(Meade '84)
:laughing: I'm also from one of the rival high schools. Bowie and fake bomb scare evacuations went hand-in-hand back then. I guess the Bulldogs have a long history of poor-decision student pranks. :rotfl:

Each year my Secondary School I graduated from has a Senior Prank and ours was to fill the school Administrators car up with foam peanuts and the outside of his car cover with posted notes with messages from each class member of our Senior class. Never did it cross our minds to do something like the prank these kids pulled. My administrator thought ours to be funny and that is what a Senor Class prank is suppose to be. This went way beyond that.
I don't remember what we did. I think it had something to do with a horse and an elevator. But that may have been just a rumor.

I know that a couple of years before, students put up signs selling the property. Something like, "Without the class of '??, you may as well sell it." Students were threatened with arrest, for stealing the signs. They all graduated. And the signs made it back to the correct properties.

Also, I can't imagine there's any chance they're going to let these kids walk the stage at graduation. Back when I was a student in that district, everything was held over the seniors as a "you won't get to walk at graduation" threat to keep them on good behavior towards the end of the year -- an unexcused absence, failure to return a text book, prom dress that didn't follow the dress code... If those things were enough to keep you off the stage, I imagine staging a mock school shooting also qualifies.

I don't remember what we did. I think it had something to do with a horse and an elevator. But that may have been just a rumor.

I know that a couple of years before, students put up signs selling the property. Something like, "Without the class of '??, you may as well sell it." Students were threatened with arrest, for stealing the signs. They all graduated. And the signs made it back to the correct properties.
We all graduated as well, but were threatened beforehand if we did something really destructive.

:laughing: I'm also from one of the rival high schools. Bowie and fake bomb scare evacuations went hand-in-hand back then. I guess the Bulldogs have a long history of poor-decision student pranks. :rotfl:

In addition to the numerous fake bomb scares, I had a classmate blow his hand off building a pipe bomb We also had a graduating senior who was high on PCP at our graduation ceremony. He flipped out, fought several administrators and was hauled off to jail (mid ceremony).

Go Bulldogs!

For the most part they remain idiots well into their mid 20s. Always have, always will. They will survive, and so will we.

Except for those who are harmed or killed by these *******s.

But, at least for the ones in on the prank, I bet it was hilarious!

I'm hoping they spent a night in jail in a cell together so they could share how awesome they are - until they put some huge nasty-looking guy in with them...

I hope you are kidding. Just because some stupid tv station or website would put on horrible content doesn't mean it's acceptable. FWIW, I think anyone who watches those fake prank shows is pretty much a moron to being with.

A quick search of youtube finds several dead baby jokes videos.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dead+baby+jokes

Some with 100's of thousands of views.

One persons horror is another persons comedy.

Many Disney movies start with the death of a parent or parents, so dead parent jokes are not off the table either.

Seriously? This is really your POV for what is OK in society?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter