I arrive at Park Vue Inn August 1st.....

There is no beating the crowds, as it's going to be crowded, especially with rope drop at 8am. If you show up before 7am, you should be fine and in the middle of security check line. If you want to be there early, reports are 6am, you'll be one of the first 200 guests on line. Honest, with rope drop, no need to arrive before 6am.

If you want to avoid the crowds, if you show up after 10:00-10:30am, you'll be able to avoid all the crowds and get through security check and make it through the ticket gates in less than five minutes.

Up to you decide if you want to deal with the crowds or not.

Last edited:
The other day we arrived at DL around 7:55am and the lines seem long yet it took us about 10 minutes to get in. We were shocked how quick it was. If you are trying to get to the main rides early then probably getting there earlier would be helpful. I hope that helps.

We were there July 8-10.. My husband and daughter are notorious slugabeds. I wanted to be out of the room and headed to security no later than 7 a.m. for an 8 a.m. opening It was more like 7:20-7:30 each day. Honestly, it was fine. There was basically no line at the security check at the Harbor entrance at that time.

Being in line at the turnstiles by 7:30, which was when they started letting people in on our DL day, had us back by about the Market House by the time we got in. By the time we got to Fantasyland, the line for Peter Pan was already about 30 minutes. We skipped that line and rode Snow White, Pinnochio, Mr. Toad, the Teacups, and Alice pretty much as walk-ons. We could have done Dumbo, too, but we skip that one. We rode Matterhorn with about a 15-minute wait and then walked on Casey Jr to round out our first hour in the parks. We were at the turnstiles by about the same time the next day at DCA--they were already letting people in. We were a good ways back for RSR--ended up waiting about 40 minutes. After we were done, wait times were still VERY low on Paradise Pier.

Would it have been better if we had been there by 7 a.m. like I wanted? ABSOLUTELY. But it was still pretty good at 7:30.

That said--I had a friend there this past week, and wait times were definitely longer. I think they are continuing to add capacity. Keep an eye on the app for a few days before you go. It will help you gauge how early wait times are building and how important it will be to be at the absolute front of the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter