I am suffering from PDD :(

micknpluto

DIS Veteran
Post-Disney Depression. :sick:

Its been 14 days since my WDW vacation.

I feel sick. I find myself on youtube watching videos, here on TheDis (always), listening to park music... I just looked at all my pins ive collected over the years I have 3 full lanyards.

but... srsly... Its a sickness I cant explain. but Im sure you all can relate.

being away from disney makes my heart hurt :sad1:

like being homesick.

Once I plan the next trip. it will help a little.. but the empty feeling of withdrawl will never go away.. not until im there again.

I feel sick. I find myself on youtube watching videos, here on TheDis (always), listening to park music... I just looked at all my pins ive collected over the years I have 3 full lanyards.

like being homesick.

Once I plan the next trip. it will help a little.. but the empty feeling of withdrawl will never go away.. not until im there again.

It's been 8 days since I returned, so I get where you're coming from. Even though I have a trip booked for December, it's still depressing to be back in the "real world" after having such a wonderful trip. It was hard to get back on the DIS the first few days, because it seemed like everyone was just arriving, and my trip was over. I will admit to being a bit jealous :rolleyes2.

It's not like being homesick - it IS being homesick. For me, WDW is going home, like when you're an adult and go back "home" to visit your parents and you get that warm fuzzy feeling you had when you were a kid.

like being homesick.

I can totally agree with you! I get depressed on the plane home-seriously-as I know is back to the same old same old reality. I try and compensate by DISing a lot! :goodvibes

It's our last day at the World today and we are trying to stay upbeat with the specter of going home looming over us. We'll start planning our next visit as soon as we get home but unfortunately that next trip probably wont be until 2014 for logistical and financial reasons. We will have ONE day to visit in March when we come to Orlando for a family wedding, but that's all. I love this place so much. Leaving sucks.

I know how you feel! We are going in 27 days...and I am already dreading coming back, and we arent even there yet:sad:
I am always on the verge of tears (I try not to cry in front of the kids:sad:) when we are driving off from WDW. It is a very depressing 12 hour:drive: drive home...so much time to dwell on the fact that we are leaving!
Once I get home I will spend lots of time on the DIS, read other trip reports to keep me "in the world" and plan our next trip...which unfortunately wont be until June 2014 for us. Seems like so far off, but on a happy note..DD and her new hubby will be coming with us on that trip (she has to miss this trip since they just got married last month:sad: and took their honeymoon...no more time off:sad:). I am hoping to get a 2 week trip out of that one. This will be the first time we have ever gone that long. Our longest has been 10 nights so far.
Hope you can get out of your funk and perk up soon...I know its hard. Hugs:hug:

yep, coming home sucks. I don't care what anyone else says-disney is my perfect "home" a place where the worries of the world do not matter and my family can just be a family. It's tough at home, but I always listen to disney music, and DISboards is great too, I get excited hearing about other people experiencing the magic like I do!!! And of course, it always helps when you can plan your next trip ;) I'm just thankful there is a place like Disney that I can always enjoy, and know I'll be able to go back to. It's like Hogwarts, "DISNEY will always be there to welcome you home"

Me too!!!! We came back 8/26...and I am dying to go back already (although we are not planning to go back until 2014). I made DD6 go to the Disney Store with me yesterday!!!!! :)

It is SO sad coming home!!!!!

I feel this way also. It is terrible for me. We haven't been since December 2011 and we will not return until End of June 2013. Our son is in High School Marching Band and because of our commitments to the band our vacation window is very small. It is like torture waiting so long to return.

I am always sad when we get home. I miss the world.

:sad:

Count me in! We came home Aug 23rd and I have been glued to the Disboards eversince! Last time we came home I was so blue I couldnt even look at the boards. For some reason I can this time and it is helping the PDD!

We were not going to go again next year, way too many things could use fixing around the house. When I was talking to my mom (who went with us) she said "Just book it, life is too short!". If I have learned one thing in 41 yrs it is to listen to what my mother says. I booked it! My kids will only be these ages one time....and be off on their own before I know it.

Just think of all the changes happening in Fantasyland and how fabulous it will be next time you go :goodvibes

I just left DW a week ago today. Glad to hear that my PDD is not just me. People who haven't been to DW just don't get it. Disney is such a magical place and all of my regular worries in life disappear the second I get in my car and head East. I already miss The World and probably won't be going back for 14 months. Just saying that makes me sad.

The last three trips, and our trip coming up in February, have been with all our family on board - all my in-laws, nieces, nephews, my DB and some other very close friends. While we are there, we enjoy being with each other. When we leave, it's always a double whammy - we're missing Disney terribly, and then we miss being around each other (most of us;)). It really is just a magical place for us where we can put everything in the real world behind, and have fun, eat a lot, stay up late, spend money on trinkets . . .what else could you ask for!:goodvibes

We went to the world 2xs last yr. , it was our first trip in about 3yrs. When we came home on our first trip in March 2011 on our drive to the airport we looked at our 8yr old dd and she had tears coming down. When we ask what was wrong, her reply was i'm going to miss disney. It broke my heart, she wasn't crying a spoiled cry. It was I just lost my best friend , trying to hold it in cry.

Then in Nov 2011 we drove. When we left property I was so depressed. I was trying to find a way to stay, not just at disney but in fla. I knew when I got home it was going to be a tough winter, and it was. Well now I know this winter will be even harder. So we made the decision last month to make the move, we leave in 4 wks.

We couldn't do it anymore and now we are going home.

My kids still cry every time we leave (10 & 12 now). It helps a bit having booked a bounceback for next August. It is super-early, but it helps for me to do a little planning...making notes right after this trip to improve the next. Can't wait until February when ADRs open!

We got back 11 days ago and yes I feel your pain. I just keep thinking only 8 months until our next trip. I'm also focusing on the holidays that are just a few weeks away. I've pulled out the fall decorations and put them up. I also read the boards every day looking for information about The Little Mermaid rooms at AofA where we'll be staying. We need to start an on line support group!

hahaha I knew you guys would understand!

We are actually looking at the special offers for oct/nov/dec and thinking of taking a few days and going... i would love to see all the holiday decorations. Maybe go to one or 2 parks (expensive park passes i know) :( but I dont know if theres a min stay to get a package? LOL

Im out of my mind.. i cant afford this. but . . .

I doubt it will happen but its fun to think about.. and if not, Ill be back next fall. always good to have a trip to look forward too..

We just got back about 2 weeks ago and I've absolutely felt the PDDs, but it's not as bad as last time. Last time, I felt...it felt like I was grieving a loss that time. It was pretty bad. I was afraid, before leaving, that this time would be as bad but thankfully it hasn't.

I am hanging out and reading posts here at the Dis more than I did while trip planning though. And I'm editing my trip pictures a lot and then using those edited shots to constantly change my FB wall. I'm sure my friends are sick of that already, but they'll just have to do their best to ignore it for awhile longer because I'm not close to done.

I swear I want to move to Florida, get annual passes and visit constantly. I'd love to know the parks that intimately and not have to miss them. Sadly, to do that, though, I'd have to move away from here...and I don't want to do that either:confused3:rotfl2: So, for now, I guess I just have to miss it until next time.

Geez I haven't been since 2009 senior trip and that trip was really not enough at all. We only had 4 hours in The Magic Kingdom the whole trip. But it was still fun. I need to get back there which is why I pray I get into the CP. Otherwise I have no idea when I'll get back. So hard being in college

like being homesick.

I hear you. All I can suggest is plenty of DISboards, lots more YouTube, maybe a trip over to stupidguesttricks and buy a copy of those six DiscoveryChannel videos about the Disney enterprise... :grouphug:

DisneyDVDsCrop.jpg

hahaha I knew you guys would understand!

We are actually looking at the special offers for oct/nov/dec and thinking of taking a few days and going... i would love to see all the holiday decorations. Maybe go to one or 2 parks (expensive park passes i know) :( but I dont know if theres a min stay to get a package? LOL...
Hi Chris. :wave2:

I hear ya, always hate leaving.

Maybe I will see you in Dec? 12/4-12. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter