I Am Sorry; I Am Just Not Getting It

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I have read several things and as I read I became more confused.

When you have a MVMCP ticket, can you use that ticket to make FPs or is that not possible?
I know there are not any FPs during the party. As a DVC member, our group gets in at 2 PM. So, I was curious if there is the option to make FPs between 2 - 6 using the ticket?

And if this is possible, how do you ensure you are using your MVMCP ticket instead or your hopper?

Yes, you are able to make FPs during the window between when you are allowed entry and when the party starts.

Yes, you are able to make FPs during the window between when you are allowed entry and when the party starts.

Technically, fast passes can only be made until the park closes for regular guests at 6PM. The party starts at 7 PM. This one hour gap has been in place for MVMCP since 2016. Prior to that, park closure and the beginning of the party were both at 7 PM.

I have read several things and as I read I became more confused.

When you have a MVMCP ticket, can you use that ticket to make FPs or is that not possible?
I know there are not any FPs during the party. As a DVC member, our group gets in at 2 PM. So, I was curious if there is the option to make FPs between 2 - 6 using the ticket?

And if this is possible, how do you ensure you are using your MVMCP ticket instead or your hopper?
I was concerned about this when we went that to MNSSHP it would use our party ticket and not the hoppers. They easily explained when we checked in that it uses the party ticket or we wouldn't have been eligible to get the band to be in the park. Since the FP links to your MDE account and not a specific day it should be fine when making FP's. I would recommend doing your hoppers days first and then the party ticket. This way if it gives you issues with not enough days tickets you can call in and have them make the FP's for you. Hope that makes sense. Have a fun trip!

Technically, fast passes can only be made until the park closes for regular guests at 6PM. The party starts at 7 PM. This one hour gap has been in place for MVMCP since 2016. Prior to that, park closure and the beginning of the party were both at 7 PM.
Right. I understand that. The question was if FPs could be scheduled between when they are allowed to enter at 2:00pm and when the party starts at 6:00. And, yes, they are allowed to make FPs during that time frame.

Right. I understand that. The question was if FPs could be scheduled between when they are allowed to enter at 2:00pm and when the party starts at 6:00. And, yes, they are allowed to make FPs during that time frame.

The party starts at 7pm. PP's point is that you can make FPs from 2-6pm, when the park closes. So there will be a one hour gap between the time your FP window ends and the time the party officially starts.

i don't know that they will be giving out wristbands at 2pm. You will need to look at the map, but in the past, there have been several places in the park where you could get your wristband for the party later in the day.
As noted above, you can use the party ticket for FPs up to the time the party starts, so 2-6 pm.

i don't know that they will be giving out wristbands at 2pm. You will need to look at the map, but in the past, there have been several places in the park where you could get your wristband for the party later in the day.
As noted above, you can use the party ticket for FPs up to the time the party starts, so 2-6 pm.
Last year, the tapstiles to the far right was the ones for the party. We were let in at 2 PM after checking the DVC membership card and received the party wristbands at that time. We used the party ticket to get in and was able to use several FP+ prior to 6 pm. Once the park closed for regular guests, they checked the wristbands to be able to enter the lines.

There was an issue last year with Disney cancelling Fastpasses of people who only had party tickets for that day. If you have an annual pass or available ticket days, you should have no issue making FPs up until 6 PM though.

Its possible and allowed however sometimes people's accounts are flagged and your last day of FP may be deleted if you don't delete the party day FP.
Some believe you are flagged if you contact Disney for whatever reason AFTER booking your FP's.

What you'll need to do is book all of your other days first and then book your party day last.

The CM's will direct you to a specific tapstile dedicated to DVC member party guests and those tapstiles only allow entry for party ticket media. No worries that it will use a regular day of tickets.

DVC MS has said that members will be given their wristbands when entering the park at 2 PM. Although, having those at 2 or 6 has no bearing on me making FPs...at least I dont see how.

There was an issue last year with Disney cancelling Fastpasses of people who only had party tickets for that day. If you have an annual pass or available ticket days, you should have no issue making FPs up until 6 PM though.

I will have an AP, as will my wife. My parents will not. They are going to church in the morning and then grabbing some lunch, so their only ticket will be their MVMCP ticket. But....that is good information and helpful. Thanks for that.

You asked “how do you ensure you are using your MVMCP ticket instead or your hopper?”

And that is your answer about how to ensure you’re using the right ticket when entering the park.
Nope, that is not what I asked. My question has nothing to do with park entry. My question is specifically about fastpasses with the ticket. The clue that it is all linked together is "And if this is possible, " Thanks for trying though.

Nope, that is not what I asked. My question has nothing to do with park entry. My question is specifically about fastpasses with the ticket. The clue that it is all linked together is "And if this is possible, " Thanks for trying though.

Posters are simply trying to help you.
You DID ask how to ensure that it was the party ticket being used.
You got answers. Please be respectful of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter