I am seeing a little bit of miss information from the guide book

Yeah, any book that came out in 2016 as the official 2017 book isn't going to be completely accurate.

I'm not understanding why this is a thread really, seems common sense that the book won't be true to every situation.

giphy.gif

I'm not understanding why this is a thread really, seems common sense that the book won't be true to every situation.

Sometimes that's hard to realize. When I was younger I got an Ireland travel guide from the library and never thought to look at publication date. The info was so outdated.

Sometimes that's hard to realize. When I was younger I got an Ireland travel guide from the library and never thought to look at publication date. The info was so outdated.

I get that, but if you even remotely follow anything going on with Disney, you'd know that the book isn't going to be right. Heck, we can't even get REAL time info on what's going on and have it be the correct info, lol.

Main example being that more rides are open then is reported as fact on this board
I think that if you have conflicting info between the book and what you see on DIS, definitely go with what you see here if it's a confirmed report (not a rumor or the like). Sadly, those books are out of date pretty quickly... they are great to get a nice overview and background on hotels, etc.

For things that change frequently (especially schedules of any sort), your best bet will definitely be online. They also often have the UPDATED info on things like refurb schedules on the Touring Plans site (same folks who write the Unofficial Guide): https://touringplans.com

I get that, but if you even remotely follow anything going on with Disney, you'd know that the book isn't going to be right. Heck, we can't even get REAL time info on what's going on and have it be the correct info, lol.
Though the book is a great place to start to get an overview, if you're going for the first time, or if you haven't been in a really long time. Then for some things, certainly the internet will be needed for more current info.

Things do change on a dime with Disney... I am sure that is why OP is here on DIS as well! :thumbsup2

Perhaps. But there is one popular and prominently titled "The Unnofficial Guide" series of books that many people will link to this discussion.

I know, I was actually looking at that particular book this weekend at B-A-M. But there were a bunch of other ones on the shelf with it. So unless the OP comes out and says exactly which book it is, we'll just have to group the book with other "unofficial guide" books.

There is only one guide book with "unofficial guide" in the title. It's clear what book she means.

And OP, if you buy a book for last minute information, you will be in trouble.

Well, OP, if this is the book, clear the air for us.

Anomamatt, I agree. If you're looking for last minute info, any book isn't going to be helpful... even if it's the Official book.

yeah disney tends to change things suddenly and at their own whim so you can't entirely rely on print media for up to date info. it's not necessarily misinformation, just that the constant evolution means info can become outdated quickly

websites like the DIS here, and touring plans, and the official disney parks blog, can help you get up-to-the-minute info. books are better for a more general overview of the current state of the parks, since the details can fluctuate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter