I am paying ALOT of money for this vacation so....

Originally posted by vellamint
I AM going to have CONNECTING rooms for my husband and 4 children.... At least that is what I am planning on telling the desk when we check in to the CBR in April.

And as we all know, the best way to get what you want at Disney is to scream, holler and make a scene at the front desk :rolleyes:

Why not just rent a two bedroom villa at a DVC resort?

Great advice by SeaSpray. And you'll definitely catch more flies with honey. :D

We had connecting rooms at the CBR back in Dec. 1997. Think we were in the Martinique section. One room was me, DH, DS & DD. Connecting room was Sister, her DH & DS. I think they will give you connecting rooms.

Geez, some people on these boards can be so nice but..... anyways I do not have the intention of yelling and any poor CM that does not have control over the situation and I certainly am not going to start our vacation by yelling at the manager either....thank you for the suggestion of getting the GM names and faxing my info and request directly to him!

We cannot afford to stay in a Villa...wish we could. We actually tried for All Stars but not available at the time we need to go. I am just trying to keep my family together on a family vacation. I certainly would NOT put my four kids in a room alone if they had to go outside and KNOCK on our door in order to get to us.

Thanks to all of you who UNDERSTAND my frustration and to those of you who dont - well I guess you either dont have four children, dont mind being separated as a family or can afford the luxury resorts ... it is not an option for this family.

I understand your great desire to have this issue cleared up before you get there; however, if they can't guarantee the connecting rooms, wouldn't you rather know in advance, and have the opportunity to switch to a resort where this CAN be guaranteed?

Room assignments are a complicated thing. Many people may want, and have great reasons to get connecting rooms. People are constantly checking in and checking out, so it is not always easy to keep the connecting rooms available for those who request them. And perhaps there are just relatively few connecting rooms at CBR, so they don't want to overpromise. I'd much rather have this situation than have them say "no problem" and find out otherwise when I arrived.

And by the way, I often see the language on my hotel reservations anywhere that the hotels will try to honor requests, but they are not guaranteed (except perhaps smoking preference).

On the other hand, if they have lots of connecting rooms, and it is possible to guarantee them, and you're just getting bad information, there's no excuse for that.

I understand your great desire to have this issue cleared up before you get there; however, if they can't guarantee the connecting rooms, wouldn't you rather know in advance, and have the opportunity to switch to a resort where this CAN be guaranteed?

Room assignments are a complicated thing. Many people may want, and have great reasons to get connecting rooms. They also want certain floors, certain buildings, certain views, etc.

People are constantly checking in and checking out, so it is not always easy to keep the connecting rooms available for those who request them. And perhaps there are just relatively few connecting rooms at CBR, so they don't want to overpromise. I'd much rather have this situation than have them say "no problem" and find out otherwise when I arrived.

On the other hand, if they have lots of connecting rooms, and it is possible to guarantee them, and you're just getting bad information, there's no excuse for that.

Isn't it funny how we all get different answers from different CM's? I called to to make my ressies at ASMo and AKL. I and my to children are going with my sister and her two children in June. I didn't ask for connecting rooms because we didn't really need them but the CM making my ressie insisted. He told me that was one of the room request that Disney would guarantee. I explained that each of the two children would be with an adult but he said that as far as Disney was concerned there were 4 children with 2 adults on the same ressie so they would gaurantee me connecting rooms. He told me that Disney did this for families not only because of the safety issue but that they understood that some people had to purchase an extra room because the maximum ocuupancy rule is strictley enforced. I would call again until you get the answer you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter