I am part of the problem with high resort rates

I know that my favorite coaster (Millenium) is pretty strict on height and weight. My brother is 6'5" and he's ok to ride, but maybe just barely? For a while, they made you be able to buckle your own seatbelt, and those babies were pretty short.

I wonder if you could call or email guest services and check? My son is going tomorrow with a buddy who is at least 6'5"; let me see if they can check on that.
That would be amazing! Thank you :) would love some in person confirmation. I believe the cut off is 6’6 and that’s definitely one I would be sad to miss!

For our June trip (we have two this summer due to airline vouchers we had to use or lose), I booked a split stay on purpose to get a clean room halfway through (7 nights). I found Pop to be very responsive; they didn't come to clean, but were very kind and cheerful when we called to ask for towels, garbage removal, and coffee stuff. Coronado was a different story; they never came once, and were rude when we asked for for LESS than what used to be standard. I guess I should have found the dumpster myself??

Our July trip is all Pop (nothing else available). Hoping that they continue to provide great service, and might even try to ask for a floor cleaning halfway through. It's kinda pathetic that I'm nervous about asking for one floor cleaning in 8 days when we used to get a fresh, clean room and pretty made beds 7 times in a week. And I'm paying almost twice what I paid for the same room the summer of 2019, with no extra hours or FastPass. I miss those things.

Maybe this is the time to go back to tent camping; no expectations there!

I hear ya. I see on the board to bring your own trash bags and ask nicely for towels. Wow! At these
prices?? My husband just got back from business trip. Stayed at Hilton. They are basically bowing
out of housekeeping. He said every day he would call for fresh towels and HOURS later they would
bring them.

Many off-site hotels offer daily housekeeping. Disney is either making the choice to not pay adequate housekeeping staff or to not pay housekeeping staff adequately. Or perhaps both.
I was reading reviews this morning on trip advisor about hotels around Universal for that part of our
trip. A lot of complaints about housekeeping on each one. My brother just got back from Portofino. Universal's own expensive hotel and after paying over 500 a night was livid on how it was not
cleaned properly. Now to their credit they did issue him part refund but still. Non shill accounts
are telling the story. There is a shortage of help or they aren't training them properly or not paying
enough.

*I did just now look at Sheraton Vistana around disney because that I see that recommended. First review
I saw said black mold and hair in drain. Yuck

Last edited:
I hear ya. I see on the board to bring your own trash bags and ask nicely for towels. Wow! At these
prices?? My husband just got back from business trip. Stayed at Hilton. They are basically bowing
out of housekeeping. He said every day he would call for fresh towels and HOURS later they would
bring them.

I am definitely starting to question some of these chains. Marriott is currently doing housekeeping by request UNLESS you stay at one of their premiere chains. Then you get service. Covid is apparently less infectious it you have the fancy linens! It's become a cost cutting issue rather than a safety one.

bring them.
I just completed a 5 night stay at a Hilton Hotel … no sight of housekeeping for the entire trip until check out day Knocking at my door 8:30 a.m.
Talking to management only gave me a “lecture reminder” of the current problem due to Covid blah blah blah.
Everybody sitting around pool entire holiday Week was talking trash about Hilton nonstop . Good times !

I think we will see a lot of businesses hide behind Covid. Remember when airlines served meals? How
about free checked luggage? I remember when they gave the excuse of high jet fuel for the reason for
the charge. Well that was in 2008 when economy was bad. Surely things have gotten better since then?
Yet the fees remain. Saw where Airlines made 5 BILLION dollars off baggage fees! Not everyone can use
Southwest.

The whole cleaning thing...it doesn't help that my youngest is severly allergic to dust. Like, on the scale of 0 to 6 at every allergy test he's had...he's a 6.

We typically request a deep clean before check-in, but even then, last time our floors were still dirty, so not sure that even made a difference? I keep a clean house where we live, it's pretty crazy to pay $300/night for a value and have it be dirty.

I just completed a 5 night stay at a Hilton Hotel … no sight of housekeeping for the entire trip until check out day Knocking at my door 8:30 a.m.
Talking to management only gave me a “lecture reminder” of the current problem due to Covid blah blah blah.
Everybody sitting around pool entire holiday Week was talking trash about Hilton nonstop . Good times !
Exactly! My husband said when he complained to manager they gave him some points and basically wanted
him to go away. He told me he honestly believes Hilton thinks it is easier to give small refund or points than
hire someone to clean!

I only had to rebook one trip, which I've already done, and have gone back to WDW several other times since reopening. That being said, Chapek doesn't realize that all this "demand" is mainly because there really aren't that many other places to really go at the moment. I have two trips booked, and a cruise next April that I'm still wondering if it'll happen with the way DCL is going with things, but after that we're looking elsewhere. I've been going roughtly 6 times a year for the last several years, between 2020-2021 will be 8 times, and at the rate they're going in 2022 that number will go down to 1 and then zero, once the world opens back up I'm done.
True. No international travel yet. I’m guessing you live near to WDW! I live on the west coast of Canada. I usually go to Orlando 2x a year. Used to be to WDW, now it’s mostly Universal. We have room and Canadian tix for next month, postponed from last year for WDW. And I have another set of 10 day hoppers that are the non expiring ones for one more WDW trip. Whenever that will be.

I'm going to second this. Our last Poly stay it was really noticeable with the trash sitting in the walkways from rooms. It sticks in my head because someone had shrimp and left the bags outside their rooms one evening and they were still there when we came back from the park the following afternoon. Minimum they should be checking and picking up for trash outside rooms. It's just unacceptable...and I'm not hauling my trash anywhere to dispose of it besides the hall if we're spending $500 a night. I won't do it.
[/QUOTE

You sound pretty mad so maybe going to Disney would not help you get happy.
FYI.....it was a joke regarding the trash.
Hope things get better for you. ☺

Last edited:
People like this…
To my kid - “Turn off the lights” (with the door open)
Passer by - “you don’t pay the electric bill here, who cares?!?”
A) mind your biz
B) you do pay the bill indirectly

people who have no common sense and do things like leave the lights on all day along with many other things that cost money - force the rates to go up.

I am just trying to understand this, especially since this is at prime Holiday time.
Is the 515/day per person, if not how many people are included?
Is this just hotel and the park hoppers? How many days on the tickets?
How can you do Hawaii for 9 nights for less than $4635 including entertainment? Does this include airfare?
I did not know Hawaii has all inclusives, can you tell me where that is? It would be good info for me for future vacations.
My intent is strictly to get information from others on how they get good vacation prices. 😊
Thx.

Sorry! I should have been more detailed. All good questions!

$515/day is for 2 people, and includes resort & park hopper passes. So roughly $258 per day per person with a park hopper pass. It's a 10 day park hopper ticket, and 9 nights hotel.

Regarding Hawaii, while I've done research in the past, I have not done any recently, so I was just guessing. But yes, there are all inclusive in Hawaii, and no, I wasn't including air fare, as I wasn't including air fare for my Disney trip either.

Just a side note. We've been talking about it, and we may switch to an All Star resort. We'll save ~$700 over the course of the trip. We'll be a bit further away, and no skyliner, but we've usually stayed at All Stars and are totally fine with it. We'll see!!!

I keep saying that Disney is out pricing what I want to pay. Yeah I keep booking at increased costs trip after trip. (in non-pandemic times we go three times a year two of those are eight day trips and usually a quick getaway in the winter for four days) I am frustrated paying Increased costs as services decrease. Yet I can’t bring myself to stay out of the bubble. As I’m packing for our beach club stay, I’m excited that someone gave the hint to take some trash bags so is your trash overflows in your room you have somewhere to put it. ( thank you to the person that suggested this it was a great tip). And as I’m putting garbage bags in my list of packing items I’m thinking this is insane to pay almost $500 for a night in a room and I’m bringing garbage bags. Yet won’t stop staying on site. I’m not sure of the point of this thread I just wanted to vent a little I’m sorry.
I love WDW and 9 times out of 10 we always stay on site but I draw the line on packing trash bags for a stay at a room that is almost $500/nt. We are a family of 4 and do eat some in our room and create a good bit of trash. Also, we've had several stays at WDW since the parks reopened last July and only one was bad (CBR) but as bad as it was it didn't involve me packing trash bags.

We had some odd issues crop up but any housekeeping item like trash towels, we just called the front desk and they were on it. Of all the issues we had during that stay at CBR, the housekeeping was on top of it. They may not be in your room daily but they usually will get to you in the hour. We had towels brought up, trash taken out, extra toiletries. They may not get to it right away but usually they eventually do.

As far as the money, you either pay the prevailing rates or you don't, it's that simple and by paying, you're saying I am ok with these prices and potentially subpar service. Hopefully you have no issues. We paid a reasonable rate for CBR but our stay stunk and I simply would not stay there again. That's my voice heard with my wallet. Disney will still get my money at the other resorts that we love.

I keep saying that Disney is out pricing what I want to pay. Yeah I keep booking at increased costs trip after trip. (in non-pandemic times we go three times a year two of those are eight day trips and usually a quick getaway in the winter for four days) I am frustrated paying Increased costs as services decrease. Yet I can’t bring myself to stay out of the bubble. As I’m packing for our beach club stay, I’m excited that someone gave the hint to take some trash bags so is your trash overflows in your room you have somewhere to put it. ( thank you to the person that suggested this it was a great tip). And as I’m putting garbage bags in my list of packing items I’m thinking this is insane to pay almost $500 for a night in a room and I’m bringing garbage bags. Yet won’t stop staying on site. I’m not sure of the point of this thread I just wanted to vent a little I’m sorry.
Just stayed at the Grand four nights then to the Riviera for four nights. We asked for trash bags and were gladly given several. Still hardto believe things have not gone back to normal but...............................................we keep going too.

Hilton just announced that they will not be going back to daily full housekeeping EVER. That's basically the death knell for the entire industry, as we know all the major chains will soon follow suit.

That said, we stayed at the Grand Californian last weekend for 3 nights and....gasp...paid rack rate. I have never done that, but with that said, our stay was lovely and wasn't really impacted by the lack of daily housekeeping. It really wasn't an issue. I packed extra garbage bags and wastebasket liners. We ate in our room twice and left trash outside the door and it was taken within like 30 minutes. It was already gone when we left the room shortly after. In fact, we never saw any trash in the hallways our entire stay. They were ON TOP of it. We checked in on Friday and on Sunday, they came and swapped out the towels and took out the trash we had at that point. And they left a new set of toiletries, even though we didn't need them. Our room was spotless upon arrival and stayed clean throughout our stay. I found the new limited housekeeping to be acceptable, even at $800/night (yes, seriously). It didn't inconvenience me at all to throw garbage bags into one suitcase and periodically take a bag out and tie it up and put it in the hallway. There were almost always housekeeping carts in the hall so I know they were always on the lookout for trash or whatever. I guess I might have felt differently if the trash had been sitting in the hallways all the time.

It is what it is at this point, and it's definitely NOT just Disney. We have had 3 hotel stays this year and 1 was a Bonvoy property, one was an independent boutique hotel (at over $400/night) and one was Disney. They all had the same housekeeping situation. In fact, Disney was the only one that had ANY actual in room services during our stay. The others had none, but would have come on day 4 of a 5 night or longer stay. We only stayed 3 nights at each place.

Yeah...I'm not packing trash bags and waste basket liners for my vacation, anywhere. That's shameful for paying $800 a night to be expected to empty your own trash.

Why? What is Hilton's reason for not having normal housekeeping? I'm sorry - they are doing it because it's what the customer wants. Let's rephrase that -They are doing it because it's what the customer will put up with and now they can reduce their housekeeping workforce - save money.

Wait, above is misleading. I just read - they are moving to an "on demand" model - those who want can call and schedule, those who don't, won't. That seems reasonable.

***and this doesn't apply to their "luxury" brand hotels. Won't be long before full house-keeping is only available for CL stays! :D

Last edited:
Yeah...I'm not packing trash bags and waste basket liners for my vacation, anywhere. That's shameful for paying $800 a night to be expected to empty your own trash.

Why? What is Hilton's reason for not having normal housekeeping? I'm sorry - they are doing it because it's what the customer wants. Let's rephrase that -They are doing it because it's what the customer will put up with and now they can reduce their housekeeping workforce - save money.

Wait, above is misleading. I just read - they are moving to an "on demand" model - those who want can call and schedule, those who don't, won't. That seems reasonable.

***and this doesn't apply to their "luxury" brand hotels. Won't be long before full house-keeping is only available for CL stays! :D

You're certainly entitled to draw the line where you see fit, but what will you do if EVERY hotel eliminates daily housekeeping? Will you honestly never stay in a hotel again, just because you might need to empty your own trash? Really?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter