I Am Not Fast: A 2015 Dumbo Double Dare Trip Report!

Your matching outfits are sooooo cute (MAJ CUTE)! I love them - especially the additions to the hats! I am going to have to remember to do that (I always wear a hat when running) if I ever get to run a Disney race again!
SUPER CUTE!

Hat additions were done with crafting foam, so that least that was a cheaper project! :)
I saw a couple during the Half - mostly right around Fantasyland, but honestly, it was so crowded and I wasn't paying super attention so I don't know how many there truly were. And even the ones I DID see, I only saw because I was running far to the side and they were like right in front of my face.
Fantasyland was bonkers during the half marathon! The in-park portions are always pretty crowded, but that was bad.
On Friday, I bought ears and wore them for the Half Marathon on Sunday! Every time I briefly took them off, my head felt so cool and happy. But I wore them for the whole thing. I mean I had to; I was dressed as Mickey Mouse.

View attachment 124333
Yeah, of course you had to! Great outfit...classic. :)
Kicking myself for not getting that phone cover. I saw it too and it was definitely *cute*! And the mug....I wanted it but then I didn't want hot choc or coffee at that moment. Merch fail for me!
So...potentially enabling situation here...I took a picture of the SKU number on the phone case in case I needed to call merchandising services to ask for it. I do still have the picture if you want to call them and order one! :)

But there is more to the phone case coming up... :scared:
The pier was my fave too. I think because it's so different from anything at WDW.
I think you're right about that...it was sort of like WDW's Boardwalk area on steroids.
So cool you got medal photos with all of the fab five! I think they all look great especially in their special 60th outfits.
Me too! I was disappointed that we didn't get to meet everyone in their 60th stuff, but at least we did get Mickey and Minnie (who were the ones I wanted most).
Every time I see these Disneyland experiences it makes me want to get out there even more. World of color looks absolutely great and I really want to see it in person.

I would've gotten that mug as well.

Great outfits can't wait to hear about the 10k!
Definitely see World of Color. Don't listen to the haters!
@Ariel484 I am LOVING your trip report! So much fun to follow along! I even went back and read all of your other trip reports, I'm jealous but so happy for you! I do love reading of you running with your brother - it's fun that you two can share those moments together! Love it, keep them coming!!!
Thank you! :) But why jealous?!

Yeah, I need to get my brother to get back to a Disney park here at some point, and to run a race with me (he's good about slowing down to my pace). I'm sure I could get him to do one or both of the Star Wars race weekends with me pretty easily...
The Ursula hat is amazing! Love these outfits!
You are my new favorite person, because you specifically singled out the Ursula hat (which is mine). :lovestruc I put that together, declared it "insane" and wasn't sure I would wear it. My husband and friends convinced me that I should though.
Loving your trip report!
Thank you!! :)
Wow! How awesome you got pics with the whole fab 5! I love it!

So I love that photo by the Mickey Fun Wheel (which is such a pretty area, I agree!) is like the standard photo op for my west coast friends that frequent Disneyland a lot. Just as much as the photo op in front of the castle is for Disney World-ers! So fun to have unique things in each park!
Mickey's Fun Wheel was definitely the thing I took pictures of most! I love it and fear it at the same time. :eek:
I really do not understand bandits. How can people "steal" entry into a race that they didn't pay for and still live with themselves. How is this any different than stealing a TV or walking out on a restaurant bill. You're using goods and services that you didn't pay for.
I'm sure they're justifying it by saying it's too expensive or they got closed out or one extra person doesn't matter, but still ... I just don't get these people at all.
I wish the bandits had been caught by runDisney and banned from future events (although I don't know how they'd enforce that if they don't buy a bib).
/RANT
I am SO with you on this, especially on how people can do it and then not feel guilty about it. I just really can't believe people do this!

On to happier things...
I love all the castle pictures! Last time I saw that castle it was covered in fake snow ... I think the diamond celebration looks much better on it!
I've been looking forward to seeing the castle covered in snow, but it occurred to me that the 60th stuff will probably trump the holiday stuff. Which is okay, the castle with the bling is SO pretty!
I am totaly with you on Paradise Pier. That area is probably the reason why I love DCA so much (well, that and Cars Land). It's such a fun theme and there are a lot of great rides there!

Congrats on getting pictures with the Fab 5 - that's a perfect idea and all the pictures look great!

In my (admittedly somewhat limited) experience, I feel like the parks out at Disneyland tend to fill up a lot at night. I'm guessing it's because local AP holders come by after work. But that's just a theory and I might be wrong.
Yeah, I think Friday night was definitely the beginning of the crazy Labor Day Weekend crowds!

Can you imagine getting off of work and just heading over to Disneyland? #goals
I haven't seen the new version, so I'm not going to comment on that, but original World of Color is one of my favorite Disney things ever. Definitely my favorite Disney Parks night show. If this version is even half as good as the original, I can't imagine that it's not amazing.
From what I have heard, this one was way more focused on Walt and the history of the company. I thought it was great!
I love the 10K flat runners! All three outfits are adorable. I think the pants are my favorite!
Thanks! Those are Jess' pants...she got them from some seller in Japan or something. They are HILARIOUS!
I love it so much too! I can just sit and relax on a bench with a beer and take it all in. Or eat a great spicy link at Corn Dog Castle. Or enjoy the view at Cove Bar like you did. :)
All of the above? :)
Excellent. I'm totally getting this on my next trip. It looks awesome! The Fun Wheel drink is too pretty. They just did a post about it on Disney Food Blog. I'm going to try The Zombie. (Light rum, dark rum, coconut rum, spiced rum, 151 Rum, orange and pineapple juices, blue curaçao, midori and grenadine.) The picture makes it look absolutely disgusting though:

View attachment 124416

Your 10K outfits are adorbs!
I saw that post, bookmarked it and sent it to my husband: "WE ARE GOING HERE!" I need to try at least one of those secret drinks!
OK... I am here... I am late, but at least I made it, right? I don't even know where to start for comments?
Yay! Glad you're here! :)
I've read your entire TR so far, and I've enjoyed it immensely.

A few notes... LOVE the race bling - ALL of it!!!!

Now, not only is it my dream to run a RD half... but now I'd love to do a C2C event, as well. So, thank you - from me and my wallet. ::yes:: LOL
Disney has the best bling, but I really think the Coast-to-Coast medal is on another level, especially for Disney fans. It's just such a classic design.
The 3 of you are just adorable!!! Seriously - cute - and having a great time!
Thank you! We really did have a great weekend, it was so much fun!
I adore your race outfits so far... Seriously - I have a sad race outfit obsession. Eeep - I almost think that is the best part. :scratchin
Oh my...don't get me started on running clothes. You should see all of my running skirts, capris, tech shirts...I have problems.
And the BLING.... Speechless! <----- That never happens to me!
It's pretty great bling though! :)
I could comment about so much more, but I can't remember it all. But I am here and following. ::yes::

D~
Yay, thanks for following along! :)

Day 4: Saturday, September 5

2015 Disneyland 10K! - The First Two Miles

Good morning, you poor unfortunate souls/soles...
20847166194_09cd51b0f0_b.jpg

OH MAN were we excited for this one! 6.2 miles of villains! :yay:

RBF on!
21097454218_bb03d1608f_z.jpg

I should probably explain my head situation. :confused3 This is sort of what I was going for...not totally sure it translated though.
Ursula-wearing-King-Triton's-crown.png

We were out of the room the same time as the previous day...walking through Downtown Disney!

21274764092_954da9acd1_z.jpg

The finish line looked awesome!
21098460159_663deb63f3_z.jpg

After a bathroom stop, we split up and Jess and I headed into corral B. Just like the previous day we'd missed the pre-race banter, but this time it was the villains saying stuff, so I was a little bummed about that.

This morning's National Anthem was played by a guitar player...he had some cheesy name (Baron Von Evil or something...I forget) but he did an excellent job!

Just like the previous day, the wheelchair racers and corral A started first. And then about 8 minutes later...

3-2-1-GOOOO CORRAL B!

Almost as soon as the race began, Jess took off like a shot and I didn't see her again!

The two miles were crowded and boring. I think we just ran by non-Disney hotels...but look at those mile markers!
21259080086_76148d618c_z.jpg

20662648504_fe1696ba3a_z.jpg

So each race had its own set of mile markers! That was pretty cool (and different from January in WDW - the 5K had its own mile markers, but the rest of the races used the same ones).

I tried to get the first 2 miles down as quickly as possible (I mean...quickly FOR ME). I knew all the good stuff was coming up next!

Up next - The Good Stuff!

Last edited:
2015 Disneyland 10K - BODY LANGUGAGE, HA!

Backstage!
21097246890_98261f3c1f_z.jpg

And back to California Adventure and Cars Land! A car that I am assuming is the villain from Cars was out to meet.
21097181560_a545cf5bb2_z.jpg

20662647564_20b8970895_z.jpg

21274762132_a5a410a4bf_z.jpg

After Cars Land, the course took us to Paradise Pier!

This guy was out...I must not have been awake yet because at the time I was excited to see Dr. Facilier. But he's clearly not Dr. Facilier, sooo...? At least he didn't have a line.

Good crazy eyes, though.
21098458119_c32e853dac_z.jpg

Yay!
21274760592_77cd40ff8a_z.jpg

Lotso was out by Toy Story, but his line was HUGE so I passed him up. I've never met him before though, so I sort of regret skipping that one. But that line was just enormous.

Backstage...
20662645194_150cf12b4b_z.jpg

And back in the park! Voila!
20664223183_b2a62316b5_z.jpg

And now by Soarin'. Normally I like to get my mile marker pictures without people in them...
20662643764_cb02e98ef1_z.jpg

...but I made an exception for this one. BODY LANGUAGE, HA!
21259074726_63f9af6131_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
2015 Disneyland 10K - SCREEEEECH

And now back on Buena Vista Street...
21097241640_1bf485d356_z.jpg

..SCREEEEECH. Character time!

HADES RULES! My picture posing does not!
20662642414_7f51bd46ce_z.jpg

Man was I excited about this one. Love me some rare characters! And his line was SHORT.

Lady Tremaine was just beyond Hades, but I skipped her - not rare!

Oh Tower. You're never evil. :lovestruc
21259073206_3d40ef7c36_z.jpg

Evidently we made our way across the esplanade, because my next picture is on Main Street! Kind of weird that there were no spectators here like in Disney World.
21097445138_68bd1ef281_z.jpg

Mwahahaha
21098451879_72f970effc_z.jpg

Can't be mad at Mickey and Walt! :lovestruc
21293448441_fb9f144060_z.jpg

Taking a right...
21274754092_3299e4916b_z.jpg

Mile Marker 4!
21285337675_fb52e0caf4_z.jpg

We passed the Matterhorn...
20662638634_317f3f7f57_z.jpg

...and I turned to run toward Small World.

Then I saw Shen Yu from Mulan and I FREAKED OUT!
21274753272_cf02edc68b_z.jpg

Oh man! I was SO hoping he was heading to a meet & greet and that I would see him later!

I passed the Evil Queen and Queen of Hearts before heading backstage. One of the horses that pulls the trolley up and down Main Street was out for pictures...cute!
21293445841_115f1eb457_z.jpg

Up Next - The Finish!

Last edited:

2015 Disneyland 10K - The Finish!

Upon re-entering the park, I took off back into Fantasyland...SHEN YU, WHERE ARE YOU?! :worried:

Well, I never saw him. Turns out that he wasn't heading TO a meet & greet, he was heading AWAY from a meet & greet - the one I'd passed with the Evil Queen and the Queen of Hearts. He had just switched out. SO SAD! :sad:

Hook and Smee were meeting and greeting just before Mile Marker 5.
21274751812_4a86cfa443_z.jpg

Castle time!
21098447319_05554c8e84_z.jpg

21097440298_1040d604a8_z.jpg

The sun was coming up...
21285334925_a93d8a09b3_z.jpg

Last meet of the race! I need to work on my evil posing...what is with my arms in all of these pictures?!
21259066976_a6da814aaf_z.jpg

The end of this race was very similar to the 5K...back through Downtown Disney...
21097234190_8e0758552e_z.jpg

21097233890_aa702659e1_z.jpg

...and on to the finish!
21259066176_f1fd380449_z.jpg

And quite possibly the coolest medal ever!
20662634264_7a8f4eea61_z.jpg

21285499205_2a86b4230a_z.jpg

This was probably my favorite race of the entire weekend, and my second-favorite runDisney race I've ever done (nothing will ever top this year's marathon, I don't think!). The course was great with ALL of the park time, the mile markers were awesome, there were great characters out (even if I didn't have perfect timing in a few instances :sad2:), and the medal and shirt are fantastic. Really liked it at lot!

Up next - we feast!

Last edited:
That 10k looks great! So much park time. I also love the mile markers.

Villains theme would be an awesome theme for a race in a park like DHS.

That medal makes it all worth it.

That 10k looks great! So much park time. I also love the mile markers.

Villains theme would be an awesome theme for a race in a park like DHS.

That medal makes it all worth it.
I agree that a villains race would be great in DHS! Hopefully the Tower of Terror 10-miler will come back when all of the construction is done.

You're so right that the medal makes it all worth it! :)

Thank you! :) But why jealous?!

Jealous in the best way possible as your recapping of your trip made me wish we could rewind time and I could have done this too! You did such a great job sharing your time that I really felt as though I was "running" along with you! I wanted to see the Castle, eat the cupcakes, run the races! It was all exciting and thrilling to relive your trip. :-):love::yay:

I LOVE all your pics from the 10K - you took great pics, with & without characters, and I love your villain stance!

I saw the Jafar mile 1 marker but it was so far away from the coure & by the time I realized it was there I just didn't bother so missed a picture, nice to see it in yours as it's the first picture I've seen of it!! I thought the mile 1 marker seemed slightly misplaced, like a little too early too. I got lucky that Shan-Yu & Ratcliff were there when I got there. My brother didn't see them but then saw Shan Yu in the half so hope you maybe did too. I loved the villains throughout too! I pose silly too, but it's fun to look back on, better than being stiff and boring I say!

Last edited:
I loved this update - how cool!!! Sometimes I have the oddest poses too - yah - I think I look good, and then I see the pictures. LOL Then I'm like... Huh? Oh well - it's all about having fun anyways. ::yes::

It looks like you had a great time - had some fun/rare meet n' greets!

Great job - and as usual... Love the outfit. :thumbsup2

D~

So excited to find a new race report by you! Love the villains theme for the 10K, and that medal is the coolest! Really hope to make it out to Disneyland for a race someday!

I am so jealous of all the characters you saw! They really had some amazing villains out there!
Sad that you missed Shen Yum though ... I saw pictures somewhere of him and I thought it was awesome that they brought him out. If only he had stayed out longer so that you could meet him...

That medal is awesome!

I really love that they did a villains theme and followed through by having so many villains out on the course. It really sounds like it was an amazing race!

Jealous in the best way possible as your recapping of your trip made me wish we could rewind time and I could have done this too! You did such a great job sharing your time that I really felt as though I was "running" along with you! I wanted to see the Castle, eat the cupcakes, run the races! It was all exciting and thrilling to relive your trip. :-):love::yay:
Oh, I get it! :) I have had those moments reading trip reports too!
I LOVE all your pics from the 10K - you took great pics, with & without characters, and I love your villain stance!
Haha, thanks...I try. :)
I saw the Jafar mile 1 marker but it was so far away from the coure & by the time I realized it was there I just didn't bother so missed a picture, nice to see it in yours as it's the first picture I've seen of it!! I thought the mile 1 marker seemed slightly misplaced, like a little too early too. I got lucky that Shan-Yu & Ratcliff were there when I got there. My brother didn't see them but then saw Shan Yu in the half so hope you maybe did too. I loved the villains throughout too! I pose silly too, but it's fun to look back on, better than being stiff and boring I say!
Mile marker 1 couldn't come early enough for me! I just wanted to get to the parks! :rotfl2:

I had TERRIBLE timing character-wise during the half, unfortunately. I heard about a few afterward that I would have liked to have gotten pictures with. :sad: Guess that means I need to do it again!
Jess is still the leader in the clubhouse for RBF.
For sure. I am not worthy. :worship:
Horsey! So pretty. :)
:) He was standing so nice and calmly too.
Wow, that one is so well done! Jelly. ;)
:rotfl2: I always laugh when people use the word "jelly." My brother says that all the time!
I loved this update - how cool!!! Sometimes I have the oddest poses too - yah - I think I look good, and then I see the pictures. LOL Then I'm like... Huh? Oh well - it's all about having fun anyways. ::yes::
Yeah, sort of like what @cavepig was saying above, I didn't just want to go there and stand next to them for every picture from the weekend. Gotta break it up a bit, right? Maybe? :confused3 I did have fun though! The CMs taking the pictures thought it was funny.
It looks like you had a great time - had some fun/rare meet n' greets!
Yes! That's a big motivation for me to to the races, if I'm being totally honest. :)
Great job - and as usual... Love the outfit. :thumbsup2

D~
Thanks! This was my first time trying to be crafty (with the hat) and I'm glad I did it. :)
So excited to find a new race report by you! Love the villains theme for the 10K, and that medal is the coolest! Really hope to make it out to Disneyland for a race someday!
Hi! Thanks! :) Definitely try to get out there, way different (and easier) to do a race there compared to WDW...except for the merch situation, of course.
I am so jealous of all the characters you saw! They really had some amazing villains out there!
Sad that you missed Shen Yum though ... I saw pictures somewhere of him and I thought it was awesome that they brought him out. If only he had stayed out longer so that you could meet him...
I would have really loved that - he is SO creepy! At least I got to meet Hades though.
That medal is awesome!
:banana:
I really love that they did a villains theme and followed through by having so many villains out on the course. It really sounds like it was an amazing race!
It was! I love that the Disneyland 10K theme changes every year...sometimes I wish runDisney would have a little more variety like that (similar to how they change the Princess theme each year). Everything else is pretty locked in...nice to have it changed up sometimes!

I have to think that a registered runner either knowingly let these girls copy their bib, or that the bib was pulled off of some form of social media - Facebook, Instagram, whatever. If you think about it, anyone could easily search the Disneyland 5K hashtag and just print a picture out. THAT is why, if you look back at our Flat Mouseketeer picture, our bib numbers are covered - hopefully that prevented anyone from using our bibs.

I literally have always wondered why people do this (the covering of their bibs in pics I mean) and when I noticed you did it I was going to ask you but now I don't have to LOL I guess I never thought that someone would try that hard to bandit a race but for huge races like this that sell out I guess now it does make sense that someone would try it. I so hate bandits there was actually a semi famous blogger here that made a post bragging about banditing the Georgia Marathon last year and couldn't understand why it was such a bad thing to do....

Well, I have no one but myself to blame. So much to catch up on, so much to comment on. What a giant, multi-quote post this will be. And since you are the one who taught me how to do the multi quote in the first place, I guess this is all your doing. How does it feel to have created your own monster, Frankenstein?
Now, I did little-to-no research on Disneyland before this trip - why, I have no idea - but one thing I gathered from a few places is that Paradise Pier is not a very highly regarded resort, and not very *Disney*...basically I was sort of expecting it to be a craphole.

And honestly, I don't get why people are so negative (not just about Paradise Pier, but about many things...I digress). We liked Paradise Pier a lot!

21258809516_eec222327e_z.jpg

But then we were distracted...because there was Mulan, just beyond the turnstiles!

21097188708_619c096f51_z.jpg

This was something I really loved about Disneyland - I just felt like this park was crawling with characters. I mean, we weren't even technically IN the park yet, and here was a character! Love it.
Nice solar flare, J.J. Abrams!
It's not that Paradise Pier is a craphole or anything- I've stayed there a few times when on a budget and yet refusing to not stay at a Disney hotel. I think the problem is that it isn't amazing. For the price you are paying WDW deluxe prices but are just at a meh hotel. It's just fine. But it's not jaw dropping, ya know?
My younger sister has been "friends" with characters at both WDW at DL and from her perspective she was blown away by how characters can roam around DL and have it almost be blase when the same character can be at WDW at a scheduled time and be mobbed by angry parents when trying to leave for a break. I think it's the DL local visitor casualness vs the WDW "one in a lifetime dream trip" mentality but for my poor tiny sister it was the difference between roaming around and getting to play with people vs having someone trying to maul the fur off her face for her coast to coast experiences. For WDW goers, the random spontaneity of the DL meet and greets is rather mind blowing.

Who would you say is more awkward in this picture...stiff me or somewhat smug Jasmine*? It's a close call.
21258799836_aa855aa1f0_z.jpg

Another classic!
21097148878_9e7f226f09_z.jpg

Ha! I think Jasmine was doing a RBF preview. Weekend prep and all.
Just wait for the Jingle Cruise! I went on WDW Jingle Cruise on Thursday, home Wednesday and did DL Jingle Cruise Thursday last year and I can say without a doubt the DL version is a million times better. The WDW had the ship names changed and some things in the queue dressed up and and the skippers got Santa hats and that was about it. At DL there isn't a jungle creature without tinsel or bows ot Santa hats on and all the jokes are fruitcake- I mean Christmas- themed- there isn't one foot of the ride that isn't redone for Christmas. i was rather blown away by how COMPLETELY different the two versions were. Now that I gave that review I'm sure they will have budget cuts at DL and it will be lame when you go on it ...

After a visit to Starbucks in Downtown Disney...

(thought this art in Starbucks was cool - NOTE: The Downtown Disney Starbucks didn't honor the Premium AP discount, but the Starbucks locations in the parks did):
NOTE: When you do to WDW after DL with you C2C annual pass you will be sooooooooo annoyed that you only get 10% instead of 20%

21285149115_0b72e93069_z.jpg

Oh Tower. This is 100% my favorite ride in WDW, and yet I never actually went on the California version. Next time!
20664003203_f220edd6b3_z.jpg

Real talk: I am pretty ani-Cars. I couldn't even make it through the first movie (I think I gave up after 30 minutes). But this land is freaking incredible.

...having said that - I'd be disappointed if Disney brings a toned-down Cars Land/Radiator Springs Racers to Hollywood Studios. I am all for having different experiences on each coast. But maybe that's just me.

Continued in Next Post
In the things you don't care about category I have an album titled "Happiest Shoes on Earth where all my peeps in our official runDisney New balance take pics in places all over WDW and DL and this pic makes me realize that I don't have Monstropolis in the albums, although Mike and Sully's feet are. Must change that.
I have 4 year old and 6 year old sons and they LOOOOOOOOVE Cars. I hate that d$%@ movie. I'm the rare person who likes Cars 2 more (if you put a gun to my head and made me pick a favorite Cars movie. Not that that has happened ... yet ...). But Cars Land is just so amazing. I let go of my anger when I am there. Obi Wan would be so proud ...
And ToT is one ride that is better at WDW the DL. i won't spoil it and say how, but they are both fun and enjoyable and it's ToT so you really have to hate life to not like the ride. I guess what I'm saying is don't beat yourself up for missing it this trip. It'll still be there next go round.

The outside of this ride is SO beautiful.
20662516224_7da12f1ccc_z.jpg

I haven't ridden the WDW version of this ride in about 20 years (man, that makes me sound old) because that song is like a VIRUS. But I did enjoy this one! It was fun to look for the Disney character throughout. I can't WAIT to see this one lit up for Christmas!

We headed toward the exit, but didn’t make it there - HEY GIRL HEYYYYYYY!
21098337229_f6abf1f171_z.jpg

Yeah, Small World holiday is so wonderful. They do and overlay and adjust the music in the ride too. Won't say anything else. It's worth your time to do the holiday version. And for all of us grown ups I can't help but feel we are conditioned somewhere along the way to hate that song. My kids REQUEST for me to play the song in the car on the way to school because they love it. At what point will they be turned?!
Hey, Minnie! I can't wait to see the pics of you dressed like her! And as a total random aside, after the new iPhone info was released I did a google search for running with a 6 plus (yes, I have a 4. Don't judge me) and in some random forum that came up in the search I was reading an Ariel484 talking about putting the 6 plus in her Sparkle Skirt. I can't help but feel the odds are slim that it was anyone other than you ...

Now...World of Color.

I tried very hard not to look at picture or videos of this show before this trip, but I kept reading that people didn’t like the new 60th version of the show. I even read recommendations to skip it altogether!

Well...this show was amazing. I am NOT a crier and I cried 3 times. I honestly do not get how anyone that is a fan of Walt Disney and the Walt Disney Company wouldn't like this show. :confused3 Maybe if you don't like Neil Patrick Harris...I could see that.

And I get that people like the original version better (Courtney - who has seen the original version - mentioned missing some of the music) - so I have a different perspective as I haven't seen the original yet. But I was floored that there are those that think this 60th version is so bad that it should be skipped.

Really, the only bad thing about this show was that where we were standing happened to be right behind some sort of fake snow/smoke canon, so that thing scared the crap out of us more than once. I was also surprised at how long the "Let It Go" section of the show was...but I still like that song and don't hate Frozen so I was okay with it. Sorry not sorry! :goodvibes
Once again, I'm in the minority, but I hated the original WoC. I thought it was too long. Each segment should have been half as long. Better to leave them wanting more than standing around bored. I haven't *technically* seen the new show. But I was at DL in the middle of May. By dumb luck our standard view rooms were upgraded to theme park view rooms and usually in the middle of the night they were doing run throughs of the new WoC. Since I am the World's Lightest Sleeper this woke me up ever night so I've seen the show. It drags a lot less. And for those random Disney trip memories that you can't plan or even expect- one night they were running the Let it Go sequence. And when it was done all the people who were woken up by it and on the balcony watching it started clapping and cheering when it was done. At 3 am. And the fireballs from the Star Wars part were bright enough to wake my 11 year old daughter up that she watched the rest of the run through with me. And it was such a moment- being with my oldest, on the cusp of her being a teenager and I'm sure we are only a short amount of time away from her despising her mom as all teenage girls are wont to do. But in this moment, I was holding hands with my baby girl, watching water and lights and listening to music in the middle of the night. That's why we do this, isn't it? This Disney thing? For these moments that can't ever be had anywhere else and make you think magic has a place in the Real World.

I don't want to over exaggerate, but I think this is the BEST mile marker in the whole world history of mile markers.

So many great updates!! And that 10K report just sealed my fate. No way I'm not adding this race to my must do list. I love me some villains.

Outfits are fantastic. Your Ursula hat is perfect. You look great showing off your body language.

I am utterly and completely consumed with jealousy about that Hades shot. Are you kidding me with that?!?!? Amazing. I have a secret plan to make Chris run with me at some point dressed as Hercules and Megara. Getting a shot with Hades would be full on magnificent.

Love the mile markers and THAT MEDAL!!!!! I must have it!!!!

And this post..,
And the fireballs from the Star Wars part were bright enough to wake my 11 year old daughter up that she watched the rest of the run through with me. And it was such a moment- being with my oldest, on the cusp of her being a teenager and I'm sure we are only a short amount of time away from her despising her mom as all teenage girls are wont to do. But in this moment, I was holding hands with my baby girl, watching water and lights and listening to music in the middle of the night. That's why we do this, isn't it? This Disney thing? For these moments that can't ever be had anywhere else and make you think magic has a place in the Real World.
Totally made me tear up. I have two 12 year old daughters and I try to remind myself all the time to savor those moments. Thanks for that post!

I literally have always wondered why people do this (the covering of their bibs in pics I mean) and when I noticed you did it I was going to ask you but now I don't have to LOL I guess I never thought that someone would try that hard to bandit a race but for huge races like this that sell out I guess now it does make sense that someone would try it. I so hate bandits there was actually a semi famous blogger here that made a post bragging about banditing the Georgia Marathon last year and couldn't understand why it was such a bad thing to do....
Yep, that is the story behind covering the bib numbers. I never thought to do that until I noticed Courtney doing it before last year's Wine & Dine Half Marathon...and then once she explained why I was just like...:idea: OF COURSE!
Well, I have no one but myself to blame. So much to catch up on, so much to comment on. What a giant, multi-quote post this will be. And since you are the one who taught me how to do the multi quote in the first place, I guess this is all your doing. How does it feel to have created your own monster, Frankenstein?
I have no regrets :teeth:
Nice solar flare, J.J. Abrams!
It's not that Paradise Pier is a craphole or anything- I've stayed there a few times when on a budget and yet refusing to not stay at a Disney hotel. I think the problem is that it isn't amazing. For the price you are paying WDW deluxe prices but are just at a meh hotel. It's just fine. But it's not jaw dropping, ya know?
I guess I could see it from that perspective...maybe for me it wasn't that bad because the rate was split 3 ways (the beauty of traveling with friends).
My younger sister has been "friends" with characters at both WDW at DL and from her perspective she was blown away by how characters can roam around DL and have it almost be blase when the same character can be at WDW at a scheduled time and be mobbed by angry parents when trying to leave for a break. I think it's the DL local visitor casualness vs the WDW "one in a lifetime dream trip" mentality but for my poor tiny sister it was the difference between roaming around and getting to play with people vs having someone trying to maul the fur off her face for her coast to coast experiences. For WDW goers, the random spontaneity of the DL meet and greets is rather mind blowing.
I completely agree with this. I just loved seeing the character so randomly - it was awesome! At first I was almost nervous for them, thinking they would get mobbed like you said, but it became more normal as the trip went on.
Ha! I think Jasmine was doing a RBF preview. Weekend prep and all.
You're right! hahahaha
Just wait for the Jingle Cruise! I went on WDW Jingle Cruise on Thursday, home Wednesday and did DL Jingle Cruise Thursday last year and I can say without a doubt the DL version is a million times better. The WDW had the ship names changed and some things in the queue dressed up and and the skippers got Santa hats and that was about it. At DL there isn't a jungle creature without tinsel or bows ot Santa hats on and all the jokes are fruitcake- I mean Christmas- themed- there isn't one foot of the ride that isn't redone for Christmas. i was rather blown away by how COMPLETELY different the two versions were. Now that I gave that review I'm sure they will have budget cuts at DL and it will be lame when you go on it ...
Well, we'll see if I can get Will to agree to go on the Jungle Cruise...he's successfully avoided that ride so far. :)
NOTE: When you do to WDW after DL with you C2C annual pass you will be sooooooooo annoyed that you only get 10% instead of 20%
AH MAN! I didn't think about that! :mad:
In the things you don't care about category I have an album titled "Happiest Shoes on Earth where all my peeps in our official runDisney New balance take pics in places all over WDW and DL and this pic makes me realize that I don't have Monstropolis in the albums, although Mike and Sully's feet are. Must change that.
See? Trip reports really do help people. :teeth:
I have 4 year old and 6 year old sons and they LOOOOOOOOVE Cars. I hate that d$%@ movie. I'm the rare person who likes Cars 2 more (if you put a gun to my head and made me pick a favorite Cars movie. Not that that has happened ... yet ...). But Cars Land is just so amazing. I let go of my anger when I am there. Obi Wan would be so proud ...
You're the second person now who has said that the second Cars is better. I can sort of relate to the part I bolded in your quote, like...maybe I SHOULD give Cars another shot now?! What is my life??
And ToT is one ride that is better at WDW the DL. i won't spoil it and say how, but they are both fun and enjoyable and it's ToT so you really have to hate life to not like the ride. I guess what I'm saying is don't beat yourself up for missing it this trip. It'll still be there next go round.
I have heard that. I would say my #1 must-do for Disneyland was RSR - since we did that and I'm going back, I'm not beating myself up for missing other things, but I do have a list of things I want to make sure not to miss this time. not having the races should help...of course I will be fighting holiday crowds...:eek:
Yeah, Small World holiday is so wonderful. They do and overlay and adjust the music in the ride too. Won't say anything else. It's worth your time to do the holiday version. And for all of us grown ups I can't help but feel we are conditioned somewhere along the way to hate that song. My kids REQUEST for me to play the song in the car on the way to school because they love it. At what point will they be turned?!
That's tough, because now they may find they have feelings of nostalgia toward that song since they have been listening to it for so long...what if they are NEVER turned?!
Hey, Minnie! I can't wait to see the pics of you dressed like her! And as a total random aside, after the new iPhone info was released I did a google search for running with a 6 plus (yes, I have a 4. Don't judge me) and in some random forum that came up in the search I was reading an Ariel484 talking about putting the 6 plus in her Sparkle Skirt. I can't help but feel the odds are slim that it was anyone other than you ...
No judging. I'm impressed yours has lasted so long...my mom made the jump from a 4 to a 6+.

Yep, that was me. iMore, right? :)
Once again, I'm in the minority, but I hated the original WoC. I thought it was too long. Each segment should have been half as long. Better to leave them wanting more than standing around bored. I haven't *technically* seen the new show. But I was at DL in the middle of May. By dumb luck our standard view rooms were upgraded to theme park view rooms and usually in the middle of the night they were doing run throughs of the new WoC. Since I am the World's Lightest Sleeper this woke me up ever night so I've seen the show. It drags a lot less. And for those random Disney trip memories that you can't plan or even expect- one night they were running the Let it Go sequence. And when it was done all the people who were woken up by it and on the balcony watching it started clapping and cheering when it was done. At 3 am. And the fireballs from the Star Wars part were bright enough to wake my 11 year old daughter up that she watched the rest of the run through with me. And it was such a moment- being with my oldest, on the cusp of her being a teenager and I'm sure we are only a short amount of time away from her despising her mom as all teenage girls are wont to do. But in this moment, I was holding hands with my baby girl, watching water and lights and listening to music in the middle of the night. That's why we do this, isn't it? This Disney thing? For these moments that can't ever be had anywhere else and make you think magic has a place in the Real World.
What an awesome experience and an awesome memory! That is so cool. :)
I don't want to over exaggerate, but I think this is the BEST mile marker in the whole world history of mile markers.
I loved that one. I wish Mother Gothel would meet in the parks!
So many great updates!! And that 10K report just sealed my fate. No way I'm not adding this race to my must do list. I love me some villains.
Well, keep in mind that so far they have changed the theme each year (2013 - Alice & Wonderland, 2014 - Lilo & Stitch, this year - villains), so it may not be villains again. :confused3 But I love that they change it up and add some variety to the runDisney races!
Outfits are fantastic. Your Ursula hat is perfect. You look great showing off your body language.
Hahaha...thanks. I feel like these races make me extra goofy!!
I am utterly and completely consumed with jealousy about that Hades shot. Are you kidding me with that?!?!? Amazing. I have a secret plan to make Chris run with me at some point dressed as Hercules and Megara. Getting a shot with Hades would be full on magnificent.
That would be so awesome. I know Hades is super rare, so there was no way I was gonna pass him up!
Love the mile markers and THAT MEDAL!!!!! I must have it!!!!
I LOVE IT TOO, OH SO MUCH! Might be my second favorite after the 2013 marathon medal!
And this post..,

Totally made me tear up. I have two 12 year old daughters and I try to remind myself all the time to savor those moments. Thanks for that post!
Right?! All the feels... :sad: :lovestruc

Surf's Up, Y'all!

We got back to the room and got all cleaned up. My mirror-shot skills regressed. :(
21098442179_f2b45d6bb2_z.jpg

Look at Jess' ears! Ursula ears! Courtney picked them up for her at a Disney outlet for something crazy like $6. So now we all had ears!

It's breakfast time, y'all! Better get on the bus...

...FALSE. Breakfast was right in our hotel at PCH Grille!
20662631364_868d97c4dc_z.jpg

We had a reservation for this one, which saved us from waiting about 20 minutes. The lobby was pretty full with people waiting when we arrived!

It wasn't long before I was starting to feel like I desperately needed to go back to sleep for a bit. :faint: Thinking back on it...the day of the 10K in January is also when I felt like I hit the wall. And here it was happening again. Good to know for future race weekends. ::yes::

I feel like I look pretty tired in this picture. Courtney and Jess are their usual adorable selves.
21259061356_4e67d87b18_z.jpg

NOM!
21293437271_a7aeb0c787_z.jpg

I know I got more food, but this is the only picture I have. The breakfast nachos and potatoes were my favorite thing!

Our server brought us drinks with curly straws, which we all sort of loved.
21293436971_0c9c91d724_z.jpg

The character interaction here was fabulous. The last time I had a character meal was at 'Ohana in WDW and I was less-than-impressed...this one was so much fun!

Stitch was our favorite. I think I'm in there somewhere.
21285326935_81d5e6dc1d_z.jpg

He was a little scared of Jess, but once she explained that she herself was not actually Ursula - just wearing the ears - he was more okay with it.
21098437879_027ee44060_z.jpg

So much love for Experiment 626!
20662622024_c9d4be81bb_z.jpg

Pluto came by next...we decided his collar looked like a finisher medal, so he held it up while we held up our Magic Mirror medals!
21097430488_2b6277c97a_z.jpg

Daisy was up next in her cute little swimdress.
21285323835_46bc1c7282_z.jpg

And then Stitch came back! Still somewhat perplexed by the Ursula ears.
21293432231_23421f4b93_z.jpg

21259055216_8b78dd22ae_z.jpg

Hi buddy!
21098433829_c798a91951_z.jpg

CHOMP! This is a still from the end of a video I was taking, and it's now my favorite picture ever!
21285320265_d6835e713f_z.jpg

Lifeguard Minnie was the last character to come by...5 characters in one meal! Not bad!
21259054426_43403bb17d_z.jpg

I continued to chug coffee, but I was still fading fast.
21259054206_27a8ef8fe8_z.jpg

Overall, I cannot recommend the PCH Grille Surf's Up breakfast enough for anyone looking for a character breakfast at Disneyland! The food was pretty good and the characters were SO much fun! We loved it...great place to go to celebrate a little bit after that morning's 10K!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter